INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Android Problem  (Read 203 times)

Jason-V

• Recent member
  • Using JRiver Products Since 2005
JRiver Android Problem
« on: March 14, 2024, 01:42:34 am »

Hi,
Longer read though it has all the info, recently bought JRiver Android again with new google account.
Only if needed, if there is some way I can send approx 400mb of phone recorded video showing the exact problems please let me know.

Below has been going on for about a year since I first bought it.
Connected via either USB or Bluetooth, it acts the same.

Phone - Samsung Galaxy A31 Fully Updated
Head Unit - New Alpine iLX-F509A Fully Updated

Problem 1 - Happens Intermittently

Press play on a song, press next song arrow on screen, song name and album art change, though the actual music
                    doesn't change for up to 20 seconds. Then this keeps happening whether you skip forward or back and takes a long while to 'catch up'.

Problem 2 - Happens All the time

Play a song and after the song is finished it plays into the next song, though the minutes/seconds keep counting upwards
                    from the last song and the song progress bar stays at full 100% (doesn't revert back to start of progress bar for the newly played song).
                    e.g. Track 1 is 4:00 minutes long and finishes at 4:00 minutes, track 2 starts and counter keeps counting up from 4:00 minutes, it doesn't go
                    back to 0:00, either does the progress bar. It's the weirdest thing i have seen on a head unit.

Problem 3 - Happens All the time

When press next/previous track arrow more than a few times to go to a song over 3 tracks forward or back from the current one, the time counter starts at 0:00
                   and progress bar starts from the start, though no music plays, i have to press pause and play again for the music to start playing.
                   It seems to work if you press forward or back very slowly, though if you go from track 2 to track 11 next next next next next ect fairly quickly for example, the music
                   never plays, only the counter and bar starts up.

Thanks for your time.

Jason V

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver Android Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 06:42:18 am »

Your first problem could be the time it takes to do conversion on the server (if you're using one).  Try different conversion formats.

Try shorter playlists.

Jason-V

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 06:53:53 am »

Your first problem could be the time it takes to do conversion on the server (if you're using one).  Try different conversion formats.

Try shorter playlists.

All my music is uncompressed .wav format played from my SD card on phone.
I don't have any playlists, i just choose album/song from car head unit screen.

Is problem 2 & 3 my phone/car head unit not compatible or maybe jriver bugs?

Thanks

Jason-V

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 08:29:02 pm »

I tried smaller file conversion formats.. .mp3 ect.
I tried playing music directly from phone storage instead of SD card.
I tried different phone connection settings.
I tried different USB cable connected directly phone to Head Unit.
I tried connection to Alpine Head unit via USB, then direct WiFi, then Bluetooth.

All the bugs are still the same, can you please let me know if these issues can potentially be fixed,
so I'm not wasting my time and most importantly your time trying to fix it.

Obviously there are many phone / head unit combinations and I wouldn't expect all to work perfectly together.

Thanks,

Jason V

Try shorter playlists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up