INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any plans to make Media Center compatible with Izotope RX10?  (Read 387 times)

lollus

Any plans to make Media Center compatible with Izotope RX10?
« on: March 21, 2024, 06:22:12 am »

Hi guys, I have tested some versions of JRiver Media Center and Izotope RX. I am on Windows 10 64 bit.
RX7 (ie RX version 7) works with Media Center 23 to 32. Its de-clip plugin actually helps with some recordings, which have a bit of clipping. The music is noticeably better: the badly recorded soprano does not pierce my ears like an oscillator anymore. RX7 installs several versions of its plugins; the versions that work with DSP Studio are in Program Files/Steinberg/ , and even there you must pick the right one; the others don't work.
The catch is, one can not buy RX7 anymore but only RX10, which has no "Steinberg" directory and does not work at all.
Are you guys planning of making Media Center compatible with those plugins?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Any plans to make Media Center compatible with Izotope RX10?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 08:09:18 am »

Some plug-ins don't work with the 64 bit version of MC but do work with the 32 bit version.

lollus

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 09:49:28 am »

This one fails with MC 32 32-bit as well. It does show a "Failed to install" popup, unlike the 64-bit version that freezes for a couple of seconds, but it still fails.
Izotope plugins are pretty important (even if customer support is terrible) and de-clip can really smooth out some bad recordings.

lollus

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 06:04:41 am »

For whoever may be interested: I bought a copy of iZotope RX7 Audio Editor Advanced (Windows) from pluginsforest dot com. It is overkill but also very cheap (25 bucks). It will install a host of things and plugins, including the excellent de-clip. In Media Center, import it from Program Files/Steinberg/<choose the right version, there are a couple>. I have Media Center 23 64-bit and it works like a charm.

j.stream

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 06:19:27 am »

I use izotop plugins through kv_element fx plugin host because i have the same problem. It works, but i hope media center will work with them in the future.
Some features of the plugins are not enabled.
Pages: [1]   Go Up