INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Unresponsive on Import  (Read 140 times)

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
MC Unresponsive on Import
« on: November 18, 2023, 06:11:03 pm »

I find this happens occasionally when MC is spinning its wheels thinking about something, the display stretches across the full screen and becomes unresponsive.

But it generally doesnt last more than 10 seconds and I havent had to alt-tab away so I don't worry about it too much. Has been happening for a few versions now on my Windows client instance.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: MC Unresponsive on Import
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 01:26:38 pm »

Autoimport / Import as an independent process so that the Media Centre remains reactive during the import of many, many files.
Not as it is now that the import process locks / can lock the entire program.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 04:26:13 pm »

I find this happens occasionally when MC is spinning its wheels thinking about something, the display stretches across the full screen and becomes unresponsive.

But it generally doesnt last more than 10 seconds and I havent had to alt-tab away so I don't worry about it too much. Has been happening for a few versions now on my Windows client instance.

This has been happening since MC12, at least. It's a mystery to me why it happens. I think MC is specially prone to it when it is importing files. Playing tracks and skipping through them can cause the interface to become unresponsive and then do the stretching thing.

Looks like Bytestar has noticed this too!

jbbernar

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 10:12:09 pm »

This has been happening since MC12, at least. It's a mystery to me why it happens. I think MC is specially prone to it when it is importing files. Playing tracks and skipping through them can cause the interface to become unresponsive and then do the stretching thing.

Looks like Bytestar has noticed this too!

This happens frequently when I access files on a NAS.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 06:35:44 am »

This happens frequently when I access files on a NAS.
I'll split this to a new thread.

JRiver asks the OS for data.  The OS handles the specifics of the storage (NAS or otherwise).  If the data is unavailable, you're not going to have good results.

Antivirus software can have the same effect.  It inserts itself in the process and slows everything down. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up