INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync between Macbook and Android phone  (Read 250 times)

Mr.Shade

Sync between Macbook and Android phone
« on: March 24, 2024, 09:44:07 am »

Can JRiver do this?

I have JRiver Media Center on my Macbook and on my Android phone. But I have not been able to do the following.

I have Mediamonkey installed on my Windows laptop and the Mediamonkey app on my phone . I put music in a playlist. I press a button on the Mediamonkey app on my phone. All the music gets transferred wirelessly to my phone.

While I am on the go  I can change the MP3tags of the music using my phone. Things like Genre, Artist name, Track title, ratings and other stuff.

When I get back home I sync the music again. And now all the changes I made on my phone  are now also in my laptop. This is something really important for my work as a DJ.

Can JRiver do all of these things as well? (Meaning the wireless sync between computer and phone and adjusting the MP3 tagging and syncing it back to my computer.  And if so how? I can use it as a remote but then as soon as I leave the house I have no more music.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sync between Macbook and Android phone
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 11:33:00 am »

Take a look at Handheld Sync on the wiki.

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
Re: Sync between Macbook and Android phone
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 09:18:26 pm »

Can JRiver do all of these things as well? (Meaning the wireless sync between computer and phone and adjusting the MP3 tagging and syncing it back to my computer. 

IMO, no it can't.  I'm in roughly the same boat but use a Windows machine for my library.  Your one step closer with a Mac but in the end, you're going to have to make use of a third-party integration between MC and your iPhone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up