INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jriver31 Stuck in 'Fast forward' [Solved]  (Read 76 times)

tehas

• Recent member
Jriver31 Stuck in 'Fast forward' [Solved]
« on: May 13, 2024, 07:47:37 pm »

JRiver is playing videos MUCH faster than their default speed - something like 5-10x.
Fast forward is NOT engaged. if I engage fast forward, it plays even faster !
DSP Studio-> Tempo is disabled.

playback chain:
JRiver DSP Output Format (3.1, JRSS, NO encoding, NO sample rate changes) -> Dirac Live Processor Virtual Audio Device (WASAPI) -> Motu 24AO ASIO device

The baffling thing is that this is happening ONLY when playing thru Dirac! If I change the output device to the Motu directly or to an internal loopback WASAPI device, it plays just fine. No settings changes between these.

All other programs play through Dirac just fine - spotify, VLC, etc are all fine. This leads me to believe its JRiver.

This whole issue started when I was unhappy with the bass from a Dirac filter. I played a demo scene, didn't like the bass. Went to DSP Studio -> Parametric Equalizer -> Low Shelf (subwoofer channel, Q=0.5, center 20Hz, gain=5dB). When I added this filter and enabled the Parametric Equalizer, JRiver Got stuck in fast forward playing.
I disabled and deleted the filter and it's still stuck in fast forward playing mode.

I uninstalled JRiver (preserve library, delete registry entries) and reinstalled it, and the same thing is happening.
I uninstalled dirac audio processor and reinstalled it, and the same thing is happening.

What do I do now?

tehas

• Recent member
Re: Jriver31 Stuck in 'Fast forward'
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 02:19:13 am »

i have no clue why, but uninstalling jriver and deleting the library with it and then reinstalling and rebuilding my library fixed this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up