INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: undo for playing now quque  (Read 229 times)

Mr Swordfish

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature request: undo for playing now quque
« on: May 14, 2024, 10:04:14 am »

I often queue up an evening's worth of music from various albums, but then inadverdently double click on some file which nukes the queue and plays the track just clicked.  It would be nice to be able to undo that and restore the previous "playing now" queue.

Maybe there's already a way to do that, but I haven't found it.

Alternatively, if there was an option to disable "double click on a file to play" and only use the right click context menu to play that would work.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Feature request: undo for playing now quque
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 10:20:01 am »

Tools > Options > General > Behavior

You may be able to just go back to the first view by using the left arrow at the top of the content window.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 10:45:20 am »

+1

I have in the past requested undo for the playing now queue.

I waste a lot of time fixing my mistakes that wipe out my queue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 10:53:13 am »

There's a smartlist for Recent Playing Nows.

If you're going to much trouble to build a playlist, why not build a real playlist, even a temporary one just for this purpose.

Mr Swordfish

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2024, 11:58:42 am »

Tools > Options > General > Behavior

You may be able to just go back to the first view by using the left arrow at the top of the content window.

Thanks. By setting the double click behavior as "File Properties" instead of "Replace Playing Now (all)"  I don't inadverdently nuke the playlist.  Other options are available via the right click context menu. I think this will work for me, and I like the behavior of viewing the file properties this easily. (Yeah, alt+enter is not much harder, but double click is still easier)

Mr Swordfish

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2024, 08:45:21 pm »

This works great - except when it doesn't.  If I'm looking at a bunch of files in most views, double clicking brings up the properties menu. Great.

But in the "Playing Now" view, double clicking plays whatever I've double clicked, instead of bringing up the the properties menu. Is this a "feature" or is it a bug? 

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2024, 11:50:47 pm »

Single-clicking an item in the queue shows the file properties (which you see if the tag window is open already), and double click will play that item.  At least double-click does not nuke the playlist like you experienced previously! ;D

I believe this is the intended behavior - I also have MC's double-click behavior to show file properties, and what you describe is the way it has worked for long as I can remember (over fifteen years), so probably not a bug. 

Mr Swordfish

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 05:29:00 pm »

I just noticed that if you view the Playing Now window and right click on a track, the context menu has an option for "Send to recent Playing Now" with a couple dozen options spanning what looks like two weeks or so of Playing Now queues.  This implies that old Playing Now lists are saved somewhere.

Is there a way to load a saved Playing Now list into the current Playing Now queue?

I'm finding that I still can accidentally nuke the current playing now queue with a mis-click.
Pages: [1]   Go Up