INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghosts in the encoder  (Read 1075 times)

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
Ghosts in the encoder
« on: January 28, 2003, 04:25:06 am »

Well, I have found some unusual problem with, I guess, the MP3 encoder. I just downloaded MC9, put it work (it is doing fine). I had a couple of CDs to rip, and I was waiting to upgrade because Mj8 didn´t work well with czech acents.
   Anyway, I ripped the first one without a single glitch. Put the second one and MC9 stopped responding. After a long time, it gives a general windows error message and crashes. I tried three times, rebooted the computer, tried again. Always the same.
  To make sure the problem wasn´t with some weird interaction of the drive with the CD, I opened the Windows Media Player and tried to rip the CD. Worked perfectly well, without a single problem.
  So, I decided to import the wma files into MC9, correct the names, directories and stuff and then convert files to MP3. The program decoded the first file, and when it started to encode, crashes the same way it did when I was trying to rip the CD before. Any ideas? My system info follows:

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.102 -- C:\Arquivos de programas\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Duron 892 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 245 MB, Free - 130 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HP       CD-Writer+ 9300    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:10  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Ah, and the MP3 encoder is 2.0.47

Alexandre

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Ghosts in the encoder
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 04:43:28 am »

Could you send one of the files that causes MC to crash to matt @ jriver.com

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DickyBoy

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 02:48:46 am »

This is the only complaint I have about MJ as well, whether ripping CD's, changing the bit rate for mobile use or doing a file format to MP3, there are times when the LAME Decoder just will not work, you reboot as much as you want and it is having none of it, then as if by magic it will start working again. Somedays it works from the start and sometimes it crahses at random.
If there a better decoder you could use?.

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 03:45:44 pm »

Well, if it only worked on random. My poor czech band CD always refuses to be encoded. I sent the mail with one of the tracks but still haven´t got an answer to my poltergeist  :(
   At least now the foreign accents are all working properly anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up