INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Date 1905 & possibilty to disable counting up on Number Plays  (Read 659 times)

ostybe

• Recent member

Hello,

I use jriver31 to stream all my media to my zidoo UHD3000 via DLNA. Unfortunately on movies the Year or date tag ends on the client as "1905" or "06/06/1905". This means I cant sort by date or year. Unfortunately the KODI client dont accept the sorting from the jriver dlna server and does not leave it "as is". It can sort by title, date, year, Playcount, Rating etc. So what I want to do is disable the counting on the Numbers Played tag and set the playcount to the Year. Just copy the tag from year or date to Number Plays Tag.
This all works fine but untfortunaley a movie from 1974 is after watching from 1975. Is it possible to Disble the upcounting ?

I have checked some things with the 1905 issue and the bug is on the jriver dlna server. I have tested same folder with Jellyfin as DLNA server and here are all dates correct on the zidoo DLNA client. Maye someone can help and has had the same "1905" problelm.

Thx

Chris

haggis999

• Citizen of the Universe

Are you saying that the Year values in MC are correct but your Zidoo player sees 1905 for every movie?

It doesn't make sense to disable the incrementing of the playcount, but have you tried copying all the Year tags to a new library field?

ostybe

• Recent member

The Hardware is a Zidoo UHD3000. Its an Android based player. The DLNA player I use on it is KODI 20.5 for Android. And yes, the Kodi DLNA client shows 1905 for year and 06/06/1905 for other dates.

haggis999

Have you tried any alternative Android media players to see if they exhibit the same problem?

EDIT:  JRemote2 and Gizmo are good options, as they were specifically designed for use with JRiver Media Center.

haggis999

The following link shows that other people have found a similar problem with Kodi. Perhaps it's time to find another player...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280145

EDIT:   I've only just noticed that my Kodi forum link is dated 2016. It contains conflicting methods of resolution but might provide some assistance.

ostybe

• Recent member
Re: DLNA Date 1905 & possibilty to disable counting up on Number Plays
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2024, 05:46:56 am »

Actually I didnt find a good dlna client for android. There is VLC Player, but it has limited options and doesnt show dates at all. But it shows the sorting order as given by the server.

But I have tried jellyfin as server instead of jriver. From the jellyfinserver KODI shows the dates & Year correct.

haggis999

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2024, 07:28:37 am »

Actually I didnt find a good dlna client for android. There is VLC Player, but it has limited options and doesnt show dates at all. But it shows the sorting order as given by the server.

The fact that VLC is working correctly confirms that your problem is related to the use of Kodi.

I've already suggested two excellent Android players (JRemote2 and Gizmo). Have you tried either of those yet? You have to pay for JRemote2 but Gizmo is free (search for Gizmo JRiver in the Play Store, to avoid confusion with another unrelated app also called Gizmo).

But I have tried jellyfin as server instead of jriver. From the jellyfinserver KODI shows the dates & Year correct.

That merely proves that Kodi is very fussy about the servers it will work with. JRemote2 and Gizmo are guaranteed to work with JRiver

ostybe

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2024, 08:24:45 am »

Unfortunately these apps are not useful for me cause theyre mainly desgined for phone & touch devices. But my zidoo has a remote and needs more like an app designed for AndroidTV.

But I will check Gizmo.

I have tried JRemote on my phone but it shows my dlna tree uncorrect. (Kodi and Jellyfin show them correct). JRemote doesnt show Listgroups within Listgroups. I have a Listgroup of my Favorite Actors which are in Subgroups A,B,C...Z. JRemote doesnt show these groups.

haggis999

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2024, 09:37:50 am »

Unfortunately these apps are not useful for me cause theyre mainly desgined for phone & touch devices. But my zidoo has a remote and needs more like an app designed for AndroidTV.

Edited:  Touch-enabled phones and tablets are the normal home for apps that control DLNA players. I know nothing about AndroidTV, so what exactly makes your Zidoo different from other DLNA players? 

I have tried JRemote on my phone but it shows my dlna tree uncorrect. (Kodi and Jellyfin show them correct). JRemote doesnt show Listgroups within Listgroups. I have a Listgroup of my Favorite Actors which are in Subgroups A,B,C...Z. JRemote doesnt show these groups.

What you see with any of the JRiver remote apps is under your own control.

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customise views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel

By the way, there are significant differences between the original JRemote app and the much newer JRemote 2.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2024, 09:47:59 am »

If you have an Android TV, doesn't it have a hardware remote?

ostybe

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2024, 03:53:46 am »

Yes it has, but most apps are designed for touch devices like tablets and not for hardware remotes.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2024, 05:46:39 am »

This is likely the root cause:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,100449.msg959077.html#msg959077

It means that MC is interpreting the Year as if it were a full internal timestamp (2024 days since 1900 = 16 July 1905).
Try setting the [Date] field to an actual full date, not just the year.

haggis999

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2024, 06:45:45 am »

That would explain why ostybe's Date field was messed up, but he also reported problems with the Year field, which is simply an integer.

Is there any reason why that field would ever be misinterpreted as 1905?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2024, 06:50:51 am »

[Year] is actually a fake field and is internally linked to [Date]. If you set [Date], [Year] is automatically set too, and vice-versa.

Usually on MC when you enter just the year such as "2024" the [date] is actually internally populated with "01/01/2024", so it should just work. Perhaps it's failing due to Windows' date format/settings, or some copy/paste/script gone wrong.

You can check the actual stored value by adding an Expression Column with "=[Date,0]". Anything lower than 10000 is likely wrong.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2024, 12:26:20 pm »

You can check the actual stored value by adding an Expression Column with "=[Date,0]". Anything lower than 10000 is likely wrong.
As usual @zybex is correct.  The OP may also find it helpful to experiment with MC expressions such as:

"=formatdate([Date,0],MM//dd//yyyy)"

"=formatdate([Date,0], Date)"

haggis999

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2024, 02:26:41 pm »

[Year] is actually a fake field and is internally linked to [Date]. If you set [Date], [Year] is automatically set too, and vice-versa.

Interesting. I had never previously noticed that interaction between Date and Year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up