INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same Movie different versions  (Read 390 times)

ndgame

• Recent member
Same Movie different versions
« on: August 11, 2024, 01:16:08 pm »

Is there any way to combine duplicated movies into 1 file.  Example if I have a 1080P version and a 4K version currently it is showing the movie twice on the HomeTheater wall.  What I would like to do is show just show 1 movie and when I click play it lets me select the version I want to play.  I know this may seem small but for me I keep a 1080 and a 4K version of almost everyone movie I have.  I use 1080 only for my Plex server for my family who stream remotely.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Same Movie different versions
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2024, 01:41:07 pm »

ndgame

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2024, 02:43:50 pm »

I did see this and felt it was more of an explanation of what stacking is and didn’t see any instructions on HowTo do it.  Is there a HowTo document on this that goes over each step?

Also I have over 1800 to do and looking for a way to automation to do this like other apps like Plex and players like the Zidoo. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2024, 04:53:20 pm »

You'll need to try a few.  Right click on a selection and look for the stack options.

Auto stack should work.

Backup your library first.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2024, 04:40:38 am »

You can group movies in your movies view in customize view using e.g. name or imdb id or something else that is the same for both versions. then root display will have only one entry per movie and if you go inside the group you can see all the versions of that movie. It isn't exactly what you asked but something similar
Pages: [1]   Go Up