INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgetting Remote Commands  (Read 32 times)

MediaMongrel

• Recent member
Forgetting Remote Commands
« on: Today at 05:31:14 pm »

Hello,

Hope JRiver team can assist... I've narrowed down this issue after plenty of trouble-shooting already. 

Problem:  Using JRiver 33.0.18 on Windows 11 laptop (w RTX 3060 Mobile)... after every computer reboot, I'm having to open and close the JRiver - Remote Control - Commands window in order for JRiver to re-activate what buttons had been previously been user-mapped.  No edits necessary... I'm simply having to open, then close ('OK') the Commands window.  Annoying to have to do each time I turn on the computer.

Steps taken are as follows:

I setup my Harmony Hub & Harmony Companion Remote to control the device: Windows Computer.  This preset device does not have red/green/yellow/blue button inputs, so in the Harmony app I map these to inputs (ex. 1-4, w-z, etc.).
All is well.

I go into JRiver - Remote Control - Commands and map a few extra features to certain remote buttons (ex. Theater View: Audio = Red button).
All is well.

I press my remote control buttons, and JRiver responds accordingly. 
All is well.

I close JRiver.  I open a fresh JRiver.  I press my remote control buttons, and JRiver responds accordingly. 
All is well.

I close JRiver.  I reboot the computer.  I open JRiver.  The default buttons (non-user mapped) on my remote all work.  The buttons I mapped from within JRiver do not work. 
All is NOT well.

I go into JRiver - Remote Control - Commands... i change nothing, and I click 'Back' or 'Cancel' to exit back out.  The buttons I previously user-mapped from within JRiver still do not work.
All is NOT well.

I go into JRiver - Remote Control - Commands... i change nothing, but I click 'OK' to exit back out.  The buttons I previously user-mapped from within JRiver now work again.
All is well... until the next time I restart my system.

For comparison, I went back and was able to repeat this phenomenon using JRiver29! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up