INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0.92 beta  (Read 10875 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 9.0.92 beta
« on: January 08, 2003, 01:02:25 pm »

Media Center 9.0.92 beta is available.  However, this is only the third build after major changes. There are many things that do not work and/or crash.  If a crashy, non-functioning Media Center could upset you, please wait a few builds.  We expect a stable, functional build by the end of the week.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download here:        

[pulled because MP3 tag detection isn't working -- causing a possible loss of tag data if MJ updates the files after a failed import]

Changes        

1. Fixed: Renaming many data CD folders could crash MJ.
2. Fixed: CD burner control could not be created on some computers due to Unicode changeover.
3. Fixed: Renaming a folder to an invalid name in "My Computer" would cause the invalid name to show in the tree.
4. Fixed: Tree sorting wasn't working with international characters.
5. NEW: Added "Keywords" database field -- showcasing new "list" data type. (separate values with semicolons)
6. NEW: Added "Composer" database field and tag support.
7. Fixed: Changing the base path in "file naming & location" created a bunch of truncated directories.
8. Fixed: Pre-unicode to Unicode library upgrade code didn't translate "extended" ANSI characters correctly.
9. NEW: Updated Monkey's Audio decoder to 3.98 alpha -- adds APEv2 tagging for International character support.

We're still getting more bugs reported than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.        

Thanks for your help and support.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

Re: Media Jukebox 9.0.92 beta
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 01:07:15 pm »

Cool...some nice features.  That keywords field will be great for images and for those who want to have very, very specific genres (Rock is about as specific as I get...)  I'll let you know if I get any issues again LOL

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 01:07:56 pm »

3 builds in 3 days thats how we like it :D
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
E-Mail: steffen@sbrandsborg.dk

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2003, 01:12:22 pm »

Nice one!! All my files are playing again now...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2003, 01:19:23 pm »

Last build and this one the audio analyser appears to be broken.

ZRocker

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2003, 01:20:46 pm »

Bugs:
1. MC's My Computer is not reading MP3 tags anymore (atleast not ID3v1 tags).  The Track Info > Format pane says "Input plug-in did not return format information".  This used to work in prior builds.  Well, it looks like Format pane just doesn't work at all now (not even for imported tracks)

2. Window's Explorer shell integration does not work...still.

3. Renaming database field's Display property break MC's function that use those names (like 'Rename from file properities' [TITLE], [TRACK #], etc.).

4. CD burner is burning data files with the wrong last modificaiton date (is still using the current system date).

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2003, 01:29:31 pm »

manual entry and editing of properties/mp3 tags is broken -- updated data is not saved.

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2003, 01:43:06 pm »

Even though I just downloaded 9.0.92 and installed it, it says that my 30 days are up and it won't run!

Huh?

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2003, 01:47:57 pm »

manual entry and editing of properties/mp3 tags is broken -- updated data is not saved.

This is acting really strange, some times it works, then other times it does not,  It does give an error message then i try and change it back to what it was.  

all of this was done doing right click properties then doing the save changes, also tried moving to next entry (that's when i got the error).. hope this helps get it fixed..

if i hit enter, I get the error message, but it was changed
added this after the post from NILA.

type new stuff.. hit enter. hit the x. get error message that it could not update.. check properties, it changed in the database, but the file is not changed.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

nila

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2003, 01:51:21 pm »

BUG
  • Tried changing ratings on a few songs - didn't happen.
    Tried to add some keywords and got an error saying unable to update files.

Update only seems to be happening if I hit 'Enter' after changing the rating (I still get an error saying: unable to update files). If I try to move the mouse of the ratings field to click on 'apply' however it just jumps straight back to where it was before and looses the changes.

• Also - all my custom fields are still empty and not displaying with the proper values in the drop down fields.

• Tooltip window is appearing over the right click menu.

• Double clicking on a .m3u playlist is resulting in all the files being imported and the names appearing as the filename rather than MC reading the id3 tags.

REQUESTS

The option pane needs a section about 'Explorer Integration' with the following options:

• Set icons for file types
  • Set type' for file types in explorer
  • action on double clicking of types in explorer (add to playing now/play/import into library etc).

• The MJ right click shell extension needs to have: 'Browse from here with MJ' added to it.

Mr X

Installing a new version doesn't give you a new 30 days, it merely gives you the latest build. If your 30 days have expired you need to purchase it.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2003, 01:57:23 pm »

Mr.X That Is Not A Bug.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2003, 02:03:30 pm »

Sorry, Mr. X.  Our children need to eat.   ;D  MC will timeout completely after 30 days.  If you have a version 8 license that was bought a while ago, you can use that.

Details are here:
www.mediajukebox.com/license

NoCodeUK

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2003, 02:08:12 pm »

Unnh Unnh Unnh!!  ERROR...

I cleared my library as it did not appear to be properly reading the images in my files.  I reimported all my files.  MJ reads no tags.  I am going to go back to the old version and seeif my tags are there and if not I am going to cry for the fact I have just lost six months hard graft in tagging all my files, then I will reinstall the tags from YADB as I just remembered I uploaded them all.

Ramble over

Adam

PS The important note is the fact that MC did not read the tags not that I cannot egt them back...

NoCodeUK

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2003, 02:10:19 pm »

GRRRRR!!!!!!  No I wont as this is ot bringing back any of my tags.

Guess its the uninstall again then...

Adam

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2003, 02:10:55 pm »

Download Manager works. The kbps rate seems to be cumulative instead of average.

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/64/64865/folders/46212/330280DM92.jpg

With "Import Downloaded" checked, MC tries and fails to play the downloaded file. "Play Downloaded" is NOT checked.

CD Writer is back and seems to be recognizing the CDRW. That's a GOOD thing.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2003, 02:12:50 pm »

Ok Import Works Now!

Getting MC to Read The ID3v1 And ID3v2 Tags Is Another Story.

After importing none of the 23,000 mp3's have the tags filled out in the library but they are in the mp3's
Fayetteville, NC, USA

NoCodeUK

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2003, 02:13:21 pm »

GRRRRR!!!!!!  No I wont as this is ot bringing back any of my tags.

Guess its the uninstall again then...

Adam

PS I just checked in Explorer and all the tags are still there in the files.  Its just that MC will no longer see them...

(Sorry thought that was adding to my previous message not posting the same again...)

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2003, 02:47:09 pm »

Hey Matt do you also go release a version 3.98 alpha  of Monkey's Audio Decoder for MJ8?
Made in Portugal

ZRocker

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2003, 02:55:09 pm »

FYI -

Using MC v9.0.91 release of in_mp3.dll with v9.0.92 seems to resolve the ID3 tags issue...but, it may not be good for those using Unicode characters (not me).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2003, 02:57:25 pm »

Good to know.  Thanks.  We're still working on the plug-ins to make everything Unicode compatible.  It's complicated because we have V8 to support as well.

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2003, 02:57:51 pm »

renaming files from properties does not work... and it might just be me, but my system seems a lot more sluggish when running MC since build .89

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2003, 03:08:16 pm »

I know you are working your tails off to fix the big things like changing ID tags, but it sure would help if YADB could do lookups from a cd directory, if not found then we could update those we have, the single file ,lookup is great, but an album look up is better.

There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

ZRocker

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2003, 04:17:50 pm »

Bugs:
1. The new CDWriter.ocx in this release is no good for burning audio CDs (to CD-RW media).  I attempted to burn 3 audio CD-RWs (same tracks every time) and each time, MC got to about 90% of the last track and just 'locked up'...Cancelling did not cancel.  I replaced the CDWriter.ocx in this release with the version from the 9.0.91 release and the audio burn went fine...no problem.

2. Using Copy and Paste in Playing Now is not good...MC adds a 1-character entry for each character in the original track's filename.  So, if you attempt to copy and paste a track with 80  chars in the filename, MC adds 80 new tracks to the playing now list, each with a title of one character in the copied file's filename....so, you can now read the filename vertically!!

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2003, 04:28:06 pm »

Still can't import a new MP3 and it won't play any MP3 not already in my library.
 It seems my tags are fine in my existing library.  I haven't had a problem upgrading to each version and keeping the library intact.  I have had a problem burning a MP3 cd.  Seemed to burn fine but when I try to read it I get various responses from my computers....from there is nothing on the CD to it can't be read.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.92 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1982 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1309 MB, Free - 838 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     NR-7800A           Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2003, 04:40:13 pm »

Even though I have test mode selected in CD Writer settings, I am getting write error messages during the test period and the blank CD will become stamped and closed.  Can anyone tell me what the problem is?  Thank you, Joe Karnes.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.92 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium II 449 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 141 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: HP       CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2003, 04:41:54 pm »

MP3 tag problems / pulled build

Just when I thought we were rounding the hump, Nikolay changed all the internet and file reading stuff today.  Then he had to take off early before he finished.  I guess I broke everything patching his new stuff in.  

The week has been like that.  My main hard drive will probably catch on fire tomorrow ::)

Hey Matt do you also go release a version 3.98 alpha  of Monkey's Audio Decoder for MJ8?

Probably not.  I don't even have a Money's Audio 3.98 to release.  Media Center 9 has all my attention.  It's such an ideal solution that it makes anything I release through Monkey's Audio sort of a waste of time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2003, 04:55:45 pm »

Woot!  Composer field!

*ahem* Steve, buddy!  Composer field! *ahem*

8)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2003, 06:25:56 pm »

Please, please fix the resource leak issue.  I can't use MC9 anymore.....that means I can't test Steve's iPod plugin....   :'(

I've never seen my RAM so low (<2MB after loading MC9).

Adam(S)

Lynn

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2003, 06:32:21 pm »

Hi,

Just a heads up that this build may have some decoding problems.  The sound quality has degraded to a 'grainy' quality to the sound.  I have asked my family to listen, and we all agree MP3 does not sound as fluid as previous builds.

I un-installed (and after manually removing components that are left behind in the sys32 directory, and the registry), was able to successfully re-install .88.  Sound quality is back to normal.  

I don't know if this is a factor, but I use ASIO.

Thanks,
Lynn

P.S. Any chance you guys could clean up the registry. LOTS of entries from various builds left behind.

Faruz

• Recent member
  • Maybe next year...
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2003, 07:42:50 pm »

When creating new View schemes, what's the difference between Album Artist and Album Artist (Auto).
One would guess the auto thingy will do something like that:
if Album_artist is null then
  return Artist
else
  return Album_artist

Well, it doesn't do that , although I would love if if it could.

Another function missing concernig album artist.
When looking for data in YADB or looking for cover art, the engine searches for the artist name and not the album artist.
In that way, song 2 from the greatest album of all times - Dire Straits/Brothers in Arms (the song is Money For Nothing Featuring Sting), will not be found. (It's looking for the album: Dire straits & Sting / Money For Nothing).

One more thing I asked for a long time ago, if it's possible to attach an explanation of the new audio fields (BPM, mood, intensity etc.).

Thanks.

brookb

• Recent member
  • Yep, I'm a music loving geek.  :-)
Re: Media Jukebox 9.0.92 beta - Memory Leak!
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2003, 08:43:40 pm »

Please fix the memory leaks.  Even though this problem was logged on the board back on release .87 (I think it was .87), the last few builds have apparently not fixed the memory leak that occurs when analyzing audio files  :(.  Note that sometimes you'll select a bunch of files, and it will work fine without any apparent memory leak.  Other times, the process will grow into larger than 1GB!  One hint: it seems to leak more often if you select several hundred files to analyze.  It will often not start leaking until the analysis has finished 20 or 30 files.

PS: I didn't personally verify that this problem still exists with .92, but Adam S's note indicates it probably does, and I don't see it listed as fixed in any of the release notes for any of the recent builds.  I've personally seen it back in .89, which is the last one I've loaded.  I'm waiting for it to be fixed (with the fix mentioned on the release notes for the build on the boards) before I download a newer build.

Please, please fix the resource leak issue.  I can't use MC9 anymore.....that means I can't test Steve's iPod plugin....   :'(

I've never seen my RAM so low (<2MB after loading MC9).

Adam(S)

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2003, 09:52:31 pm »

I was working on my .NET server today, and was like hell i'll install MC on it  ;D.

Matt to let you know, MC works 100% full on .NET 2003 line of windows. burning features, and ripping i used build 88 of 9.0.

cheers,
equalizer

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2003, 10:08:58 pm »

AHHHHHH i found somethign here.

during install you have the QUICKLAUNCH feature where u can add a icon there.

Matt please sober up  ;D.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Application DataMicrosoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

is where it goes
oopsy

C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Application Data"add a \ here"Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

cheers,
equalizer

Ricochet

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2003, 03:37:45 am »

Media Center 9.0.92 beta is available.  However, this is only the third build after major changes. There are many things that do not work and/or crash.  If a crashy, non-functioning Media Center could upset you, please wait a few builds.  We expect a stable, functional build by the end of the week.  

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download here:    

[pulled because MP3 tag detection isn't working -- causing a possible loss of tag data if MJ updates the files after a failed import]

Changes    

DOWNLOAD HERE??? ----- WHERE?????

Has this build been removed or is my browser not showing the link

?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2003, 03:40:45 am »

Ricochet

[/b]

Yes
Fayetteville, NC, USA

richelesro

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2003, 06:54:00 am »

When trying to change genre on some MP3s, I click "Apply Changes" and the changes revert to what they were before.

Also, MJEXTMAN (or whatever it's called) isn't working correctly.  It'll start MC, but won't switch the playlist or start playing.
James Bailey

ZRocker

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2003, 09:46:57 am »

Bugs:
1. With a EQ scheme (saved setting) selected and EQ enabled, sometimes MC doesn't show the actual current EQ slider settings.  If you click on another setting and then back on the original setting, MC shows the correct slider settings.

2. Mini-Me skin's EQ does not show the EQ slider settings at all (they are always 'flat').

Comment:
I agree with another user's comments (a few days ago) that the Equalizer settings dropdown list needs 'Flat' to reset all sliders back to zero...makes perfect sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up