INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to Find Cover Art When the Download Fails  (Read 1433 times)

broepke

• Recent member
  • "The best revenge is massive success." Sinatra
Where to Find Cover Art When the Download Fails
« on: December 02, 2002, 04:07:54 am »

It seems like there are few options for downloading cover art from MC9.  You have to completely rely on your tags to get the art from the Internet.  

I was wondering, when that algorythm fails, is there a place to find complete cover art on the web or a location where i can verify correct album titles so the cover art downloads directly.

I have used allmusic.com and amazon.com and cdnow.coim to find images but there has to be a better source.

Thanks,

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Where to Find Cover Art When the Download Fail
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 04:38:10 am »

You can use copy and paste to get the art from any web site.  Use Properties/Tools.

Please try a search here for "cover art".

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 05:16:26 am »

I like to use http://www.allmusic.com to find album covers.  They have most and they are a good size, not to big or to small.  You can set MJ to have an icon on the toolbar for this site and it will take you directly to the artist you are working on in MJ.  

Just right click on your toolbar and select customize.  Then add the icon for Artist Info.  Great feature!

broepke

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 05:32:29 am »

One thing that would be great it to bring up an GUI that allows you to pick from a set of matches - I hate to bring up WMP becuase i am not a fan but if you check out version 9's method for getting track information fromn the web it is pretty cool - anyway.

Any plans for that sort of funtions - you could use it to fill out tag info as well.

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 11:51:11 pm »

Yes, that is pretty cool, but there must be a difference between loading Cover Art from Internet or from HDD. When the library is cleared and reimported, the Cover Art from Internet is shown, but the local-loaded pictures are gone and must be reloaded. A lot of work !
Jim, is it a bug or a feature ?

Uwe

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 03:34:17 am »

>>>One thing that would be great it to bring up an GUI that allows you to pick from a set of matches

Great idea!  If you want the album covers, MJ really makes you have to work to get it right.  This would be a positive step in the right direction.  We also need to be able to edit the Image File name in File Properties.  Can these things be done Jim?

broepke

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 03:38:08 am »

I second the editing of the cover art field...  That would be nice.

It isn't bad to fake it out by putting the file on the hard drive with the correct name - i know this helps with consistency and cleaning up the library.  But what would be a nice addition is a easy way to clear that field.
Pages: [1]   Go Up