INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Tivo" Recording and MJ9 Screenshots?  (Read 1464 times)

CFReb

• nothing more to say...
"Tivo" Recording and MJ9 Screenshots?
« on: November 22, 2002, 11:06:42 am »

I have been following the progress of MJ9Beta/MJ Media Center and just received the e-mail regarding the  release and pre-release discount.  My primary interest in the "Hairstyle" interface and the new video recording functions.  From reading this forum it looks like most are focused on the music end of things.  Any feedback on the picture quality of the recordings would be appreciated.  Also, I haven't seen any screenshots of the hairstyle interface expect the very early ones released by jriver.  I'd love to see what some of you MJ pros have been able to set up.  Screenshots of the "Tivo-ish" recordings would be great too.

I'm more than willing to jump in and purchase pre-release even though I have yet to build a machine to use the new features.  Just want to get some feedback and a sneak peak first.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: "Tivo" Recording and MJ9 Screenshots?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 11:39:59 am »

Hairstyle is still in early development.  It will improve with time, but it's already pretty functional.

I use it at home through a TV to control my TV, DVD, and music collection.  The TV pause / resume works pretty well on my 1.2 Athlon, but I think I'll need to upgrade to do full resolution time shifting.

Stay tuned... it should be a fun ride ;D

(btw, please post any ideas or comments back here after using this stuff -- we'd love to hear 'em)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CFReb

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 11:54:53 am »

Matt:

If Hairstyle is still in early development, will it be ready for prime time by the January release date?

Have you tested the recording features on a higher performance machine?  How is the picture quality?

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 11:59:16 am »

Here's a screenshot of a Hairstyle skin that I whipped up:

I'm still waiting for Hairstyle updates that will allow me to customize the font and size of the text on the buttons so I can crank them up big enough to see from across the room. Right now they don't fair so well on my 17" monitor.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2002, 12:02:25 pm »

If Hairstyle is still in early development, will it be ready for prime time by the January release date?

Yes, it will be ready by release.

Have you tested the recording features on a higher performance machine?  How is the picture quality?

You can use any video codec you like.  We also ship with our own video codec which is transparent at around 3-4 gb/hr.  It is improving too.

As far as image quality of my AV/PC, it's great.  I'm using S-Video to a standard definition projection TV.  If you have a HD set, check out the new ATI 9700 with composite outputs -- it'd be even better, but it's still too pricey for me.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CFReb

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2002, 01:36:51 pm »

Thanks for the replies, Matt.  I look forward to trying it out.  Right now I better go find a second job.  This hobby is going to break me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up