INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0 beta 2...  (Read 8548 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 9.0 beta 2...
« on: November 08, 2002, 01:43:26 pm »

Media Jukebox 9.0 beta 2 is available.

IMPORTANT-- This is beta software -- some things don't work, some things crash, and your database and tags may not be totally safe.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download the preview here:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox90075.exe

Changes      

1. Fixed: Full Album expansion (search wizard) would add the whole album for each track, instead of just once.
2. Fixed: Several quirks with the new smartlist / search system.
3. Fixed: MP3 plugin was not reporting bitrate and duration. (do "R-Click->Tools->Update Library From Tags" to update MJ if necessary)
4. Fixed: MP3 plugin was not always cleaning up old or unused fields properly.
5. Fixed: Cover art retrieval was broken.
6. Fixed: Most encoder plugins would not install or remember settings.
7. Fixed: Some bug fixes for TDK burners.

Keep in mind that at this stage, we're getting more bug reports than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.        

Thanks for your help, support, and patience.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Charlemagne 8

Re: Media Jukebox 9.0 beta 2...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 02:36:42 pm »

Did I miss something?
Is there no encoding in Version 9?
If there is, mine won't. It crashes when attempting to convert from ape to Ogg Vorbis. MP3 isn't even available as a choice even though I downloaded it from the website and it was "installed successfully".
It says it's downloading MP3 encoder (I still have Ogg Vorbis selected) and then the ape encoder and then it crashes.
If it's not supposed to yet, I can wait. If it is, what's happening?

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.75
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Celeron 536 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 101 MB
Resource Info: System - 47 %, GDI - 61 %, User - 47 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 02:52:24 pm »

c8,
The registry settings got moved around a lot this week in order to support the people who want multiple users on a single machine.  This problem should have been solved in this build, but it sounds like it wasn't.

Relax.  Enjoy an evening with your family.  They'll be teenagers soon, right?

Next week it will work perfectly.

Jim

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 02:52:26 pm »

There is no "encoding" icon in the Options dialog.

-Mr.X

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2002, 03:01:55 pm »

Unable to install the MP3 encoder.  Receive error message 'The Mp3 encoder is not installed on the system.  Do you want to download and install it now?'
Click 'yes' and receive the following: 'Invalid package. Cannot continue.'  Click Ok and recieve another message giving the path to the plug-in. Clicking ok results in display of the first message again.  

Still can't download the analyze audio plug-in without MJ crashing.  

Shelly

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1694 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 261 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Garfunkle

• Recent member
  • That'll always be the dream
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2002, 03:24:16 pm »

Cover art is working again, thanks guys! *dances*

~ Adam ~

RemyJ

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2002, 04:20:08 pm »

A big problem with cd burners beign left locked was fixed with this release.

Current Problems...

• New: DSP Studio isn't remembering the state of the checkboxes for the components.

• New: Replay gain isn't being applied during playback.  The equalizer seems to be OK though.

• New: If you select "Custom" as the MP3 Encoder Quality, the "Advanced" dialog allows you to select only bitrate instead of allowing you to specify custom command line parameters which is what it used to do.

• New: During a convert from wav to mp3, the track name is changed from
    "[NAME]" to "[TRACK #] - [NAME]".

• New: The Import dialog still shows the old style patterns for setting properties from the directory and filename.  It also seems to not actually do anything even if corrected.

• New: If the internal burning engine is selected and decode directly to cd is not selected when the start button is pressed the cd burner progress dialog box comes up with only the flying paper showing and hangs there.  Have to kill MJ.

• View schemes grouped by fields starting with numbers aren't working.  With Artist grouping level set to 3, the artist "311" shows up in the "0-9" group but there's also a "309-311" group with nothing in it.

• With Album Artist (Auto) grouped at 2, artists that are empty cause an empty "(unassigned)" entry in the "(others)" group as well as an empty "(unassigned)" entry in the top level view scheme.  If I click on the "(others)" entry, I do see the tracks with the empty artists.

• View schemes that search the removables database aren't displaying all of the entries.  Manually searching with a "~d=c" does show all entries.  (documented separately)

• Internal ASPI layer isn't detecting TDK VeloCD burners (CDRW4800B and CDRW241040B) as writers when connected to a Promise PCI ATA/100 IDE Controller (which Windows treats as a SCSI controller).  If connected to the motherboard IDE controller or an add-in IDE card DETECTED as an IDE card or when using Adaptec's ASPI they are detected correctly.

• If you connect to a media server with a V8 database, V9 asks if you want to upgrade the database and re-analyze the files.   It should simply return an error message saying you can't connect to a server with a downlevel database.    If you press cancel on the upgrade message, MJ crashes.

• Converting MP3 to WAV (as a test) with the results directed to a new directory.  The wav file is created in the new location correctly but then MJ attempts to copy it over the original mp3 file with the mp3 file extension. I.E.  I get a pop-up that asks if I want to replace file "original name.mp3" with size 5mb with "original name.mp3" with size 52mb.

• In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.

• When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1774 MHz MMX
    Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 350 MB
    OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
    ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
    Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2002, 04:21:08 pm »

Just as I suspected. No problem.
Teenagers soon?
Been that. One of them is almost not a teenager anymore.
If 51 is middle aged, does that mean I'll live until 102?
Here they are. The boy is now over 6'3" (slightly taller than me) and is still 16.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Phoenix

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2002, 04:26:16 pm »

Timeshifting TV plays back in slow-motion, and I've noticed that when video format is set to RGB, the J River Codec fails to "BuildTimeShiftGraph."  And "cannot render video capture stream."

Just to let you know...  :)

Phoenix

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2002, 04:35:23 pm »

Timeshifting TV plays back in slow-motion, and I've noticed that when video format is set to RGB, the J River Codec fails to "BuildTimeShiftGraph."  And "cannot render video capture stream."

Just to let you know...  :)

Phoenix

I had trouble with playback too.  Framerate was strange.  Try this:

All settings are currently accessed by running TV, then right clicking on the screen.

Choose TV Options/Configure TV/Configure Capture/Video format and set the output size.
The default is 320x240.  This didn't work for me.  I got a black screen and then MJ crashed.  (using an ATI All in Wonder card)

640x240 worked for me.  You may need to try several.

On the screen before, you can choose your compression.  These are Direct Show filters.  JRiver video codec may be the only one fast enough for Time Shifting (pause/resume).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2002, 04:37:28 pm »

Just as I suspected. No problem.
Teenagers soon?
Been that. One of them is almost not a teenager anymore.
If 51 is middle aged, does that mean I'll live until 102?
Here they are. The boy is now over 6'3" (slightly taller than me) and is still 16.
CVIII

Great picture!  Thanks!

Try to be nice for a few more years.  They turn from aliens back to human again, I think.

RemyJ

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2002, 04:49:38 pm »

• New: "Calculate replay gain during ripping" isn't doing anything.

• New: Doesn't appear that replay gain is being applied during playback at all although the equalizer seems to be working.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2002, 04:58:43 pm »

Next week it will work perfectly.

Muaaaahhahahaaaahahaa!!!  We've got a quote!  Booya!

;D
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2002, 05:01:58 pm »

I didn't say that.  But it should be working in tonight's build of 9.0.

nila

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2002, 05:56:20 pm »

View scheme with location as the sorting method is still killing MJ instantly when trying to expand it.

Phoenix

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2002, 06:05:34 pm »

The default is 320x240.  This didn't work for me.  I got a black screen and then MJ crashed.  (using an ATI All in Wonder card)  

640x240 worked for me.

On my AverTV Stereo card, 640x240 didn't take, it kept switching to 640x480, which didn't work.  320x240 did, though.  However, there's no audio when timeshifting.  It works fine when on live TV.  

Also, in the Capture configuration dialog, the Audio Format button is greyed out.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2002, 07:01:01 pm »

Timeshifting TV plays back in slow-motion,

This most likely is an indication that your CPU is not powerful enough for the job. You need to do one or more of the following:

1. Reduce video size, say to 320x240. Experiment with it. Some settings work better than some others.

2. Lower frame rate.

3. Choose "No compression" instead of JRiver Video Codec. This will require huge disk space, and is not guaranteed to work better if your hard disk is not fast enough.

However, there's no audio when timeshifting.  It works fine when on live TV.  

Make sure you run Configure TV and click Audio Connection button. Choose your audio device (most likely the only choice is already chosen for you), and select an audio line corresponding to the connection from your TV card to your sound card (Usually Line-In)

Also, in the Capture configuration dialog, the Audio Format button is greyed out.

It has been like that for quite a while. I do not know what to do about it  :P (It is low priority for me now). It is available only if your TV card's driver offers an interface to it. Most TV cards do not have such an property page. I have seen only one. Eventually I will fix that.

640x240 didn't take, it kept switching to 640x480

If 640x240 exists in the list, choose it, set frame rate to 29.00 (29.97 may or may not work), and click OK. If time shifting works, you do not need to come back to check it again. If you check, it always goes back to 640x480 - this happens with my ATI AIW card, I think also with Matt's card, and maybe Jim's. I do not understand why they could not make it stick.

If that size proves to be too large for your CPU to handle, then it is another story. See above.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Phoenix

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2002, 08:13:37 pm »

This most likely is an indication that your CPU is not powerful enough for the job. You need to do one or more of the following:

1. Reduce video size, say to 320x240. Experiment with it. Some settings work better than some others.

2. Lower frame rate.

3. Choose "No compression" instead of JRiver Video Codec. This will require huge disk space, and is not guaranteed to work better if your hard disk is not fast enough.

I have done this, and it works, but in the last couple of builds I've had no problem timeshifting a full 640x480 with Divx 4.  My system's a 1.2 GHz Athalon with 256 MB DDR RAM, recording to 30 GB, 7200 RPM, ATA133 hard drive.

Make sure you run Configure TV and click Audio Connection button. Choose your audio device (most likely the only choice is already chosen for you), and select an audio line corresponding to the connection from your TV card to your sound card (Usually Line-In)

Have tried this also, and when double-checking it while time shifting, the live audio begins to play.  

It has been like that for quite a while. I do not know what to do about it   (It is low priority for me now).

I'd noticed, just thought i'd mention it now  :P.  No big rush on it at all.

If 640x240 exists in the list, choose it, set frame rate to 29.00 (29.97 may or may not work), and click OK. If time shifting works, you do not need to come back to check it again. If you check, it always goes back to 640x480 - this happens with my ATI AIW card, I think also with Matt's card, and maybe Jim's. I do not understand why they could not make it stick.

Ok.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks for all the help  :D

UPDATE:

Uninstalled, then reinstalled.  Got my audio back.  Also noticed that right click -> TV Options -> Start Timeshifting resets to channel 4, no matter where I started from, and selecting from the list of channels stops timeshifting and changes the channel, while right click->Channel->*whatever* continues with the time shifting.

kentschu

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2002, 11:12:26 am »

I've been exploring the beta.  Overall pretty nice, but here's the problem areas that I've run into significant items that need to be addressed before full release:

Library manager -
1) The Backup and Restore buttons are not functioning at all.
2) OK, this one is complicated to explain.  I don't use the standard path for the library location.  So when I upgraded (uninstall ver. 8, install ver. 9) it reverted back to the old library files that still existed in the default directories.  So I added a new library at the location that my old library files existed.  No problem.  Except that now I had BOTH libraries showing in MJ, rather than only the current one I loaded (no, I didn't select "Merge").  I tried deleting the old one, but it didn't remove the double entries.  I finally deleted both, restored my old library files manually to the directory, edited the registry to point the library to the correct directory, and restarted MJ.  It had to re-convert everything (obviously) but now it's fine.  I'm not going to try to create another library, until this is fixed, though.
3) Update Library doesn't work properly.  It reverts the library path to the default MJ setting rather than using the correct path for that library.  So if you're not using the default directory, suddenly your entire library is blank and it says that it removed every song!

Lists -
1) User cannot control what directory Export All Playlists goes into - should be user definable option
2) User cannot control which playlists get exported when doing "Export All" - should be user definable on a playlist by playlist basis
3) MJ exports blank playlists when doing "Export All" - should be user definable option (or simply should NOT export blank playlists)
4) User cannot export playlist "groups" when doing "export all" - should be user definable option (preferably on a group by group basis, but at least a general option of whether to export groups or not as a global setting)
5) Possible bug: performed Export All Playlists while playing a song and after export (and dialog box saying export was successful), program crashed.
6) In Export Playlist dialog box, the button "..." to open file explorer to select the filename location does not function.
7) Smartlist wizard is not helpful for creating searches looking for empty properties.  Should have simple selection box to "search for null".
8) User cannot permanently delete Auto Smartlists.  This is especially annoying since we cannot control which playlists are exported when doing an "export all" (as mentioned in #2 above).  
9) Other jukebox programs have a setting that says "export all playlists on exit".  That would be a very nice option to have!!!

Tools -
1) When doing a "Move/Copy Disk File" command, it didn't seem to update all the filenames properly.  File remained in library pointing to old invalid paths.  I haven't tested this fully.  It may have occured when doing a Rename File based on properties.  But definitely one of those commands created invalid path entries in the library because it didn't update the path after it moved the files.
2) Locate File (on disk) causes the program to hang.  (though I'm not really sure what this command is supposed to do.)

Kent

RemyJ

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2002, 01:11:37 pm »

kentschu,

I have 3 libraries stored outside the default path and have none of the library problems you describe.  I also don't have a problem deleteing auto smartlists.  I got rid of the all, bitrate and duration smartlists early on.

You might want to try a complete uninstall of V9  then manually delete the "c:\program files\j river" directory and the registry entries under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver".

After you reinstall, you can create a new library (don't overwrite your old one just in case) and either import your media into it, or you can unzip the v8 backup that was automatically made at the time the upgrade was done and go through the upgrade process again.  The backup should be in your libaray directory under "Upgrade Backups".

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2002, 03:32:39 pm »

Select Real Play Gain - Analyze MP3, MJ = Crash

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1801 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 259 MB, Free - 75 MB

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2002, 04:10:50 pm »

Bug: When slecting Analyze Audio, MJ then proceeds to download the MP3 encoder (which is already installed) and then when the downlaod finishes MJ crashes, will not Analyze Audio.

Bug: When selecting "Update Library" and marking the "Remove files that do not exist" check box, MJ removes all files in library (they are all existing files).

Bug: MJ is not remembering DSP settings. After closing and reopening MJ, the DSP check boxes are cleared.

Bug: MJ is not sending files to the recycle bin when "Delete" is selected and the "Remove from hard drive" box is checked. After import, files are reentered into library.

Install Path: C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1907 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 681 MB

J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

kentschu

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2002, 07:54:57 pm »

I have the library working fine right now, but for whatever reason, it had duplicate entries.  I basically did what you suggested to overcome the problem.  I'm reporting it now so that they can figure out if it's not unique to me.

As for the Smartlists - let me clarify - I cannot delete the Smartlist groups.  I can delete each list one by one (which I now have done).  It was a bit counter-intuitive.  To save time, I simply tried to delete the group.  But it always reappeared after I closed and re-opened MJ.  Perhaps MJ just needs a message to pop up and "deleting smartlist groups will not permanently remove them - please delete each individual smartlist."

It looks as though someone else has noticed the Update Library problem that ran into as well.

One more thing problem that I forgot to mention:
Import Media - I don't think that imported files are being added to my "Recently Imported Files" playlist for some odd reason...  Is there a setting that I'm overlooking?

Thanks.

I have 3 libraries stored outside the default path and have none of the library problems you describe.  I also don't have a problem deleteing auto smartlists.  I got rid of the all, bitrate and duration smartlists early on.

You might want to try a complete uninstall of V9  then manually delete the "c:\program files\j river" directory and the registry entries under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver".

RemyJ

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2002, 08:41:24 pm »

It looks as though someone else has noticed the Update Library problem that ran into as well.

One more thing problem that I forgot to mention:
Import Media - I don't think that imported files are being added to my "Recently Imported Files" playlist for some odd reason...  Is there a setting that I'm overlooking?

Yep, you're right about the update.  I missed that one.

The old "Recently Imported Files" playlist is now obsolete, replaced by the smartlists of the same name.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2002, 10:00:52 pm »

Media Jukebox Bug List

I have marked the ones that I think are "odd" and which really puzzle me with a ?! :) Other bugs seem "normal" enough!! :D

• ? Visualisation Studio: Any attempt to view a visualisation results in MJ crashing and the following error AppName: media jukebox.exe AppVer: 9.0.75.0 ModName: vis studio.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00001fea, usually followed by  AppName: media jukebox.exe AppVer: 9.0.75.0 ModName: vis studio.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000027f6. I have to go to the plugins and uninstall the vis studio to get anywhere... A bit of creative registry editing was required to ensure that MJ did not automatically play on startup before this could be corrected! I have tried a clean install after using Norton Cleansweep to uninstall, and still this error...

• Playback: When MJ is competing with other software, it stutters horribly. Sharing files, printing, defragging (using low priority), all cause MJ to sound horrific! MJ 8 did not suffer from similar problems... Have fiddled with numerous Playback / Output settings and to no avail. Even Importing New Files, Audio Analysis cause problems, even with complete re-install. I have the latest drivers from Creative Labs for my SB Live!.

• Media Library: When displaying years in a 'Decade / Year' manner for a custom field ('Year Composed'), files that have no year are put in the '(unassigned)' decade grouping and an '(unassigned)' year group appears below. Files are visible in the unassigned 'decade' but not in the '(unassigned)' year... The same occurs in files where no year is set (to "" rather than 0).

• Media Library: When a text field with a grouping of 1 is applied with show individual items selected, the F2 renaming feature doesn't work in the tree for the 'individual items'. It works for other items deeper in the tree, provided they don't have 'individual items'.

• ? Media Library: When any text field with a grouping of 1 is applied with show individual items selected, entries with a hyphen ('-') anywhere in the grouped field appear under '(unassigned)' as well as under their correct grouping. I have confirmed that all artists with a hyphen appear under '(unassigned)' when either Artist or Auto Artist is used as a grouping scheme: none are missing, nor are any extras present. Does not present when filtering rules are applied to the view scheme.

• Auto Album: Single tracks (ie: the only one on my machine from a particular album) are listed under the 'Single Artist (incomplete)' heading -- when in actual fact MJ doesn't have a clue if it should be there or not. Rather create an 'Indeterminable' group?

• Auto Album: Albums that have been split into various directories (based on Artists) appear in the 'Single artist (incomplete)' section despite the fact that the are complete, and are not single artists.

• Wizard Criteria: When specifying a text field, using the wizard, don't click on any fields, choose exclude and in the rule box a nifty little '-' appears all by itself!

• Wizard Criteria: The wizard does a rotten job at interpreting hand written rules. Eg: -orchestra=[] (exclude everything with no orchestra) is interpreted to give a list with nothing ticked and the option 'Exclude' chosen (see immediately above this bullet for what happens when you click on ok!). Please let it acknowledge its limitations! ;)

• Wizard Criteria: The rule artist="-" ie: trying to find all artists that contain a hyphen in their names, does not work as expected! However, artist=- does the job... Surely they should do the same thing?

• CDA Tracks: I played a track directly from CD and the track timer started ticking over even while the disk was spinning up. This resulted in about a 5 second difference between the track time and what it should have been reading.

• Filtering: When a filter is based on a smartlist, MJ does not update it after the filter is initially calculated (when applied). A filter to skip the Auto-Smartlist Recently Played -- in the last hour is calculated when it is first applied and then ignored completely. I intially thought this may be in the way MJ updates the Last Played field, but it doesn't refresh previously played tracks either... One quirk: it seems to do the update once and then ignores it...

My info is as follows:

CPU: AMD Duron 807 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 78 MB

"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2002, 01:30:37 am »

When Using The Option

"Update Library From Tags"

Media Jukebox Filled In The Comment Tag With "Media Jukebox" And Sometimes With The "Rating"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2002, 03:42:35 am »

BUG: Locked out of MJ in deadly loop.

Was trying ASIO settings & got into a catch-22 situation...
A dialog box comes up saying... "The ASIO device 'Creative ASIO' does not support the sample rate of 44100hz".

When I cleared it another box came up advising me that there was an error in the device.  Upon clearing that box, MJ unloads.

I can't keep MJ up to reset the ASIO setting to another device.

I've tried re-installing MJ but no help.

Any ideas?
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2002, 03:57:15 am »

When Using The Option

"Update Library From Tags"

Media Jukebox Filled In The Comment Tag With "Media Jukebox" And Sometimes With The "Rating"

Same thing here.  Comments of approximately 400 files were converted to 'Media Jukebox'.

kentschu

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2002, 06:18:18 am »

New issue:

Video -
1) When updating video file tags or importing video files, MJ takes control of entire computer.  If you try to work in other applications it is very difficult because it keeps switching back to MJ - no problem when importing or changing tags for audio files.  Is this related to the MJPG AVI codec that I'm using (Morgan Multimedia)?  I have a separate question that I'm about to post regarding that in the general forum...

Two follow-up questions:
1) Has it been confirmed that the Backup and Restore buttons in Library Manager do not work at this point in time?  Or is it just me?
2) Also, any thoughts on whether the Export All issues will be addressed?  I was eagerly looking forward that feature in release 9, but it needs a bit more work...

Kent

RemyJ

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2002, 06:57:34 am »

BUG: Locked out of MJ in deadly loop.

Was trying ASIO settings & got into a catch-22 situation...
A dialog box comes up saying... "The ASIO device 'Creative ASIO' does not support the sample rate of 44100hz".

When I cleared it another box came up advising me that there was an error in the device.  Upon clearing that box, MJ unloads.

I can't keep MJ up to reset the ASIO setting to another device.

I've tried re-installing MJ but no help.

Any ideas?

Open the registry editor and change the following value to zero:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\J River\Media Jukebox\Properties\PlaybackOutputPluginIndex

0 = Wave Out
1 = Direct Sound
2 = Disk Writer
3 = ASIO

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2002, 08:22:24 am »

Thanks Remy, that worked great.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Skinnyfatz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I would just like to say...
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2002, 01:32:46 pm »

Okay, okay, I know it's been reported already, but I just got a chance to install and check out "beta 2". Most of the problems reported before, are the same ones I'm having. MJ is not updating the files correctly, it's putting Media Jukebox in the fields, no plugins work, cannot download plugins, I get an error that the package cannot be installed, DSP studio doesn't remember it's settings, but it's GONNA get better, right guys?
I've learned... You can say anything you want, but the truth in your heart, comes from your actions, not in the words from you mouth.

RemyJ

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2002, 06:50:13 pm »

• New: The Erase CD/RW Option is always greyed out.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

nila

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2002, 12:50:06 am »

Still having the bug from the first build or two where a LOT of my mp3's aren't having the fields read.
It's putting the filename in the name tag and not reading any of the other tag info.

ALL other programs read the tag info fine.

richelesro

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2002, 07:30:01 am »

If I run the following command line:

start "" "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\mjextman.exe" /Play "TREEPATH=Playlists\Music"

I get an error saying "File 'Media Jukebox.exe' is not found."

If I then run MJ, it automatically starts playing the playlist.
James Bailey

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2002, 08:45:58 am »

richelesro, mjextman.exe is now in the system directory.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2002, 09:04:16 am »

Thought I'd put this in here...  get an "Invalid License" dialog when trying to restore.  I used it until the 30 days were up and had to restore.  

Media Jukebox  9.0.75

CPU: AMD Athlon 1395 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB

phatrabt

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2002, 09:13:26 am »

When copying and pasting coverart, all I get is a black picture as coverart
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2002, 09:14:27 am »

When deleting a file from playing now with SHIFT, the focus of the currently playing song is gone. (used to be a bug in version 8 as well but was solved there)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2002, 09:20:31 am »

When accessing my Portable drive via "CD, DVD, & Handhelds", the message appears "Cannot find plug-in Portable Drives", then MJ crashes

Pages: [1]   Go Up