INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SMALL changes to layout  (Read 4769 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
SMALL changes to layout
« on: November 06, 2002, 12:53:46 am »

I tried the latest build and I must say, it is starting to look great!

But there are some stuff you could add/change for usability reasons:

- The toggle list style button. I actually had no clue on what I was seeing here when I pressed it. A good thing would be to add a header bar above the main pane showing what view you're looking at. Example: 'Album' (I think one of the views show album) or 'Tracks'. Simple but effective!

- When viewing the 'tracks' view. Why not add / let user specify what text to display beneath each track? If I have 5 artists - 20 albums - lots of tracks, I have difficulties knowing which artist/album I'm viewing since the view only specify track name! Another thing here: truncating text might be good for space reasons, but some ppl might want to see the whole title?

- If I have 'Album' view in  the main pane and select a single album in the tree, it seems a bit stupid to actually only see that particular album in  the main pane. Could one make MJ a bit smarter and show the tracks instead then? I can't find one single reason to why I would like to see only the album without the tracks...or?

There's my 2 cents! Thanks for developing the best jukebox on earth :)

Marty3d

Re: SMALL changes to layout
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 10:51:58 pm »

bump

nila

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 03:43:44 am »

Any chance of having the DSP Studio attached to the properties pane so we can have it fixed into the layout to adjust as we're using MJ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 04:30:35 am »

1 and 2) plan on it (or something similar)

3) the only thing is that we try to be as consistent as possible to minimize confusion -- still, it makes sense.  Maybe it could go in "Advanced" options once we get it made...

Dockable DSP Studio) not really possible because DSP studio needs to change sizes a lot depending on the plugin... try the "DSP Studio" toolbar button for faster access

Thanks guys.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nila

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2002, 06:17:55 am »

Yeah - I agree with 3 alot too.
Would seem a bit wierd.
Maybe make an options group to customise how each window appears with smart rules.

I think there will definitely need to be an options group to do with views as people are going to want to be able to set this to change depending on the view filter etc.

Maybe put some option to define column view schemes in this pane too :)
(not sure if you were planning to implement this or not but if you are)
Pages: [1]   Go Up