INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0 Be-view...  (Read 4380 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 9.0 Be-view...
« on: November 06, 2002, 01:02:06 pm »

This may be the last stop for Media Jukebox 9.0 before we remove the scary warning and move into "beta".

However, the warning still applies for this build.  We made large changes to both tagging and how settings are stored this preview.

IMPORTANT-- This is only a preview -- some things don't work, some things crash, and your data may not be safe. Don't use this preview with files that can't be replaced. If you don't consider yourself an expert with Media Jukebox, please wait for a later release. Backup your database (and files) before doing anything else.  Keep away from small children.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download the preview here:      

[We've pulled this build.  Should be another later this afternoon -- JimH]

Changes    

1. Changed: Updated navigation shortcuts to work with the number pad (i.e. Ctrl+5) and added "My Computer" support.
2. Changed: Navigation now shows as many children as possible when changing selections. (with Ctrl+4, Ctrl+F, toolbar buttons, etc..)
3. Fixed: Tree scheme grouping didn't work correctly with strings that started with numbers.
4. Fixed: Tree scheme grouping didn't work well with strings that didn't start with a-z or 0-9.
5. Changed: Update DB does a better job at updating from the file info. (internal cover art, etc.)
6. NEW: Added handy "Update Tags (from library)" and "Update Library (from tags)" to the file property tools menu.
7. NEW: Added a complete tag dump for mp3 files to the File Properties -> Format page.
8. Changed: MP3 tagging now uses more "acceptable" ID3v2 method for extended fields -- works with MusicMatch and XP now.
9. Changed: Improved support for MusicMatch fields -- both reading and writing work now.
10. Fixed: Custom field upgrading from version 8 could fail if some of the custom fields had empty names.
11. Fixed: Filename sorting wouldn't use the new CD naming convention. (volumn name instead of volume ID)
12. NEW: Added "Favorites" drop-down toolbar button.
13. Changed: Updated MP3, APE, and OGG plugins to clean up any MJ fields no longer used when saving tags.
14. NEW: Media Jukebox is much more multi-user friendly. (sorry -- settings will be lost due to this improvement)

Keep in mind that at this stage, we're getting more bug reports than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.      

Thanks for your help, support, and patience.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Jukebox 9.0 Be-view...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2002, 02:09:36 pm »

Trying To Re-Analize A MP3 Now Crashes MJ, It Worked Fine In The Last Version.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2002, 02:18:10 pm »

Thanks for the new build Matt

Video:

When you enter Tivo screen goes black and stays black.
Hit play and you get "failed to load timeshifting files"
Is there something diff. I sould be doing with this ver.?

On changing vid. cap. pin to 640x240x29.97fps
2 ver ago I could not get this to work.
Last ver. after multi. tries I got it to work.
This ver. it worked the first time

Well I thought it did. Just ck. it again and found out that if you select 640x240, hit apply,ok
then if you ck it again it says 640x480.

Tried this many times
Sel 640x240 and end up with 640x480 on recheck.

On saving a cap. file still getting "unknown error"

Thanks
The Griff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2002, 02:18:22 pm »

That could be a problem with the changes we made for the registry.  We're now keeping separate settings for each user.  It should solve the problem of having to install MJ for each user, but it may have created some side effects.  We'll take a look.

If it's what I think it is, you might be able to solve it with some registry-diving.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2002, 02:21:28 pm »

I have absolutely no visualizations in this build. All I have listed for display plugins is Image and None.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2002, 02:25:18 pm »

Griff,
I see the same thing.  We may have broken TV recording.  Sorry.  Should be fixed tomorrow.

Back to the Simpsons.

Jim

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2002, 02:44:20 pm »

Thanks JimH

The Griff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2002, 03:01:22 pm »

Bugs for Media Jukebox ver. 9.0.73

Part 1

• No matter what I set the Playback Options to, MJ always crossfades and uses the Smooth Transition.

• Replay Gain Playback doesn't let me specify a Pregain value.

• Whenever I choose Fullscreen mode, MJ does something that causes my CD-ROM drive to spin up. It results in a big delay before MJ actually goes to fullscreen.

• Search : There doesn't seem to be any practical way of doing something like "Exclude all files with no album tag" with the Wizard without excluding a certain album, then editting by typing, and then removing that album from the list. Just choosing Exclude and not checking any boxes results in a rule of simply "-" which has no noticeable effect.

• Search : Sorting allows charcters to be typed now, but I have no indication of what I'm allowed to type. If I type in the name of a valid field, then it works fine, but wouldn't it be better to provide a list of valid fields to choose from?

• Search : If you choose a Search Criteria, then choose Edit by Typing, and hit Ctrl-C to copy and go to a different smartlist and hit Ctrl-V to paste, the entire list of Search Criteria is copied instead of just the one you wanted. I can see a need for both behaviors.

• Playlists : If I drag a playlist out of one group and into another group, MJ presents me a with white square plus icon, which, based on standard Windows GUI behavior indicates a copy behavior, but instead is a move. I think this should behave exactly like Windows Explorer's drag and drop, including using Shift and Ctrl to modify the behavior, and allowing the Right Click drag that Windows has. It would just be more intuitive to people alreay using Windows.

• This build will not tranistion from audio to video. It either just freezes up, or it closes automatically. Playing just videos works fine, however. So is going transitioning from a video to an audio file.

• Transitioning from a Quicktime file (mov) results in a crash.

• Adding images and music to Playing Now isn't consistent. If audio is already in Playing Now, then adding images just tacks them onto the end of Playing Now, but if images are played first, and then music is added, the desired result of images and audio simultaneously is acheived.

• There is currently no way to see what images are in the current slideshow if they're being played simultaneously with music.

• Playing Now : The Playing Now bars now show the image name correctly, but in this build, the Display Plugin always says None.

• If I Play images, then Play music, I get a slideshow while listening to music. If I then add anything to Playing Now, the slideshow clears.

• If I Play images, then Play a playlist with music and video in it, the slideshow clears immediately even if the first file to play is Audio. Because of this, I can't be sure if the next bug still exists or not, but I'll leave it in just to be sure.

• When viewing images and listening to music, if Playing Now contains a video, playing that video will clear all images from slideshow.

• So apparently, MJ's Recently Imported toolbar button works as long as I first manually create a playlist called "Recently Imported" and clear the checkbox for "Clear Recently Imported on exit". This makes me unsure what to think of my next "bug".

• The option for "Clear "Recently Imported" playlist on exit" seems a bit useless now.

• Ever since Tree View got the ability to display individual items in the tree, Quick Play acts all funky. I can't choose an individual file to play from Media Library without also telling the Tree View to display track names. Why anybody would want to do that (or display track numbers, etc.) is beyond me.

• Image List View : This doesn't select files correctly. If you select one file, then hold control to select a view more, that works. If you hold down shift and select a range, that works as well. But holding down Control + Shift to add a range of files to the currently selected files, all of the currently selected files become unselected.

• Content View : No matter where on the headers you right click to add a column, the new column is added at the beginning. Wouldn't it be more user friendly if the column was added where the right click occured?

System Info

Media Jukebox  9.0.73
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1666 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 267 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2002, 03:03:15 pm »

Bugs for Media Jukebox ver. 9.0.73

Part 2

• Content View : You can now right click on a filename and rename the file right from MJ. Cool. The only problem was that I accidentally (ok, it wasn't really an accident) renamed a file to Pink - Just Like a Pill.Apl2 (note the 2 at the end of the extension). Attempting playback now works, but when I then used the same method to rename the file back to what it was (with just .apl) I received the following message:

After which MJ's link to that file was broken. While MJ's database has the filename listed with .apl, the actual filename is still .apl2. Once I manually renamed the file in Explorer, everything worked fine again.
    I thought I had read that this was fixed, but it doesn't seem to be the case...

• Playing Now : Deleting the currently playing file from Playing Now stops playback. Clicking NExt or Previous plays the first track in the playlist (shouldn't it remember where the removed file was and act accordingly?), and clicking Play results in an error message that says "Please select file(s) to play." Double clicking another file in Playing Now will restart playback.

• Trying to download any kind of plugin or skin through our proxy server/firewall results in a message of "Failed to connect to a server." This is after it prompted me for my username, password, and domain to get through our firewall. This has worked in the past, but has always been problematic.

System Info

Media Jukebox  9.0.73

CPU: AMD Athlon 1666 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 267 MB

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2002, 03:03:45 pm »

I'm putting this in another post, because Interact thinks my bug report is too long. :P

Requests

• Vis Bars : I'd (still) like to see seperate hide modes for each of MJ's display modes (Internal, External, Fullscreen). I'd like to have them never hide in Internal, but autohide in Fullscreen & External, for instance.

• Rename from Properties & Fill Properties from Filename : Any way we could get a wizard-type interface for this like we now have (more or less) with the Search bar?

• mini-me Skinning : Kerensky had a whole list of skinning features that are currently found in other media apps (like Winamp 3 and Sonique 2). I'd like to add my voice in support of these. Here's the list for reference.

• Mega-Me and Mini-Me should have the same skinning features/abilities.

• Skinning engine should have all the features that Winamp 3.0 has.

• Mini-me skins should be able to display the left media tree pane, instead of just the playlist pane.

• Instead of having to use standard fonts, include support for skinned fonts. This is where, with .bmps, you can map out a alphabet, and numbers that the player would use instead of a regular font. Quintessential, Coolplayer, and Winamp 3 already support this with their skinning engines and it's one of the coolest features I've ever seen.

• When the mute function, I'd like a way to keep the mute button displaying the down .bmp while the player is muted.

• With playlists in mini-me mode, there should be the ability to customize what info in displayed. The default seems to be Track # - Artist - Song Name - Song Length. This may be possible already, but I haven't been able to find out how. Personally I'd just like to display Track # - Song Name - Song Length.  

• When displaying the elapsed or remaining time, allow skin authors to specify how many digits are displayed at any one time. Right now from what I can see, MJ displays only as many digits as is needed (with most songs usually m:ss), but for instance in one of my skins I'd like to specify that the elapsed time be displayed like hh:mm:ss always even is the unused digits only display 0's when not being used.

• Add support for Windows XP features like ClearType font smoothing and Alpha Blending Window edges.

• Include ability to specify the background color of the currently playing song.

• Include ability to change the icons throughout MJ.

• Include ability to use the media library search bar in skins.

• Replay Gain : MJ really needs Album Gain. If Playing Now contains a full album, use Album Gain, otherwise, use Radio Gain. If it's a mix between a full album and mixed tracks, check to see if the tracks belonging to the album are all in track order. If so, use Album Gain on those tracks. If not, use Radio Gain on the entire Playing Now list.

• Image List View : Can there be some "missing image" image? Like the MJ logo in place of a blank square? Or a red circle with a line through it? Or better yet, an image that we can specify for all missing artwork?

• Image List View : For the single image album art view, there needs to be a way to see the tracks belonging to that album. Maybe a multipaned view that shows the cover image on the left and the track names on the right? Or even a tooltip balloon like the ones that Rhino is using in his AlbumView plugin.

• Content View : Can all views remember their own view settings? Basically, what I'd like to see is Playing Now being able to just display Artist, Album, Name, and Track #, but have Media Library display more detailed information, like filename, BPM, etc. I'd also like to be able to specify that an Album view scheme display the album art view, but an Artist view shows the regular text view, etc. Playing Now should be able to be independently set to always show list view or image view, etc.

• Slideshow : How about an option to display the filename of the current file in Fullscreen mode?

• Ripping : I'd also like to see MJ be able to rip a CD to one wav\ape\mp3 and create a CUE sheet. Being able to create the relevant APL or whatever files in addition would be great along with an option to either import the full album wav\ape\mp3 or not.

• Visualizations : Can these remember what Display Quality to use based on what mode (Full Screen, MEGA-ME, mini-me) MJ is in?

• Can we get an option in Skin Manager to close Skin Manager on skin change?

• I've heard rumor that some of the options dialogs are going to be redesigned. This is, IMO, a GREAT thing. I'm going to suggest changes as I see them, so to start, here's one that's bugged me for quite a while.

• In order to change the Sorting options, you need to 1. Select the field you want to move. 2. Click Edit. 3. Click Move Selected Up/Down. Wouldn't it be simpler to allow dragging of items? Or even two arrows (up/down) beside this box that would move the items?

• Also, what does "Track # for Albums" mean and why would I want it checked? Why would I want it UNchecked? I've never seen it make any difference either way. If it actually has a purpose, it should be more clearly explained. And can somebody explain it to me? :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2002, 03:12:50 pm »

Sorry, Remy.  Doof has re-gained the crown.   ;D

I don't think we've ever had a two time winner.

But it's not over yet.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2002, 03:20:21 pm »

• Trying to burn APL's to an Audio CD results in a message saying that MJ couldn't download the required decoder plugin. MJ will play these files just fine, so presumably it's decoding them just fine.

I'm having other burning problems, but I don't think I can blame them on MJ.

Michael Horton

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2002, 03:38:42 pm »

MJ isn't showing any bitrates or duration info. In media library the columns are blank, and if I add a view scheme for either property, all files are unassigned. All files currently loaded are mp3s.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.73

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1793 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 298 MB

P.S. I haven't said this in awhile, but "out-freakin'-standing job guys."

Skinnyfatz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I would just like to say...
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2002, 03:49:41 pm »

Hello all, I know has been posted already, so I'm, just to reiterate. MJ doesn't see my TDK 321040 burner, unless I uncheck use internal aspi. However, one thing is, that the newest aspi layer from adaptec is installed on my box. But also I can't even put a check mark in use generic aspi, because MJ won't let me. there is no check mark in there now. Neither box for aspi has a check mark in it, but if I put 1 in the use the internal aspi MJ doesn't recognise my burner BOTH boxes have to be unchecked for it to see it. Any hopes of having this fixed soon? In the previous builds it worked fine.Media Jukebox  9.0.72

CPU: AMD Athlon 1532 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 471 MB

wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)
I've learned... You can say anything you want, but the truth in your heart, comes from your actions, not in the words from you mouth.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2002, 03:50:56 pm »

Boo Hoo...I am not listed as a beta tester in the credits SobSob... How do I get my name listed....

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Phoenix

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2002, 04:03:41 pm »

Hi, all.  I recently stumbled across MJ, and have to say, so far, it's a great program.  I downloaded the last couple of versions and tested them, mostly w/ my TV card, since that's what I was researching when I came across you guys...

Here are a few things I came across in the lates build (including a few suggestions...):

There should be a default startup option for Hairstyle

User should be able to configure codecs of TV recording/timeshifting w/o actually opening the TV

"Deinterlacer" button shows a dialog that is almost entirely greyed out, except for a message that I don't have that filter installed.  Where can I get it?

Abnormal program termination of Media Scheduler when scheduled recording of TV starts

When I enter full screen, a video recorded at 640x480 will display full screen, however, that same video resized to 320x240 maintains it's resolution.  I realize that at 320x240 the quality will not be great at full screen, but there should be something other than a black screen with a small window of video playing

When I activate timeshifting w/ the J River Codec, i get "BuildTimeShiftGraph failed.  Cannot render video capture stream."  When using any other codec, MJ9 crashes.

Just want to say again, this is one great program!!

Phoenix

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2002, 04:20:59 pm »

"Deinterlacer" button shows a dialog that is almost entirely greyed out, except for a message that I don't have that filter installed.  Where can I get it?

You can get it from DScaler site:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/deinterlace/Deinterlace120ax.zip
If you have trouble using it, let us know.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RemyJ

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2002, 04:46:15 pm »

Current Problems...

• View schemes grouped by fields starting with numbers aren't working.  Update:  It's getting better but...  With Artist grouping level set to 3, the artist "311" shows up in the "0-9" group but there's also a "309-311" group with nothing in it.

• New: With Album Artist (Auto) grouped at 2, artists that are empty cause an empty "(unassigned)" entry in the "(others)" group as well as an empty "(unassigned)" entry in the top level view scheme.  If I click on the "(others)" entry, I do see the tracks with the empty artists.

• View schemes that search the removables database aren't displaying all of the entries.  Manually searching with a "~d=c" does show all entries.  (documented separately)

• CD-TEXT doesn't appear to be written correctly.  If I set the artist to "AAA" and the title to "BBB", it's writing the title as "AAA - BBB" and leaving the artist blank.  Of course, I have to check this on my Sony CD Player since MJ isn't reading CD-TEXT at all.

• Internal ASPI layer isn't detecting TDK VeloCD burners (CDRW4800B and CDRW241040B) as writers when connected to a Promise PCI ATA/100 IDE Controller (which Windows treats as a SCSI controller).  If connected to the motherboard IDE controller or an add-in IDE card DETECTED as an IDE card or when using Adaptec's ASPI they are detected correctly.

• If you connect to a media server with a V8 database, V9 asks if you want to upgrade the database and re-analyze the files.   It should simply return an error message saying you can't connect to a server with a downlevel database.    If you press cancel on the upgrade message, MJ crashes.

• Converting MP3 to WAV (as a test) with the results directed to a new directory.  The wav file is created in the new location correctly but then MJ attempts to copy it over the original mp3 file with the mp3 file extension. I.E.  I get a pop-up that asks if I want to replace file "original name.mp3" with size 5mb with "original name.mp3" with size 52mb.

• In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.

• When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1774 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 350 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2002, 04:59:10 pm »

Phoenix,
Welcome!  We're really glad to have your help.  The TV portion is changing a lot right now and it's only about 60% done, so stay tuned and keep letting us know what you think.  We can really use your input.

Jim

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2002, 05:09:16 pm »

Tried this many times
Sel 640x240 and end up with 640x480 on recheck

The capture driver is not remembering the settings. I will have to fix that. But as far as I know the correct settings are used, its just that you do not see it on recheck.

RemyJ

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2002, 05:24:31 pm »

What does the "use generic driver" checkbox do now?  Is that what's controlling the use of the new burning engine?  Should it be checked to use the new burning engine or not checked?
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2002, 06:31:01 pm »

Hi all been a v8 user since the late betas. Used to post as Mavrick but couldn't get new board witrh that for some reason. Anyway figured it was time to jump on the v9 wagon (as they say in the CDW commercial..I'm off to crash the server..wish me luck! :))

Anyways I like Doof have no vis in this build, I did with the last. I only get none and image as choices.

Also noticed that MJ no longer remembers which song in the playlist was played before closing the program. It now starts playing from the first song even though the proper one is diplayed above the controls at program start.

Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2002, 07:11:02 pm »

• mjextman no longer seems to work. I get the following error message whenever it is called (either through Girder, or manually):

-Correction. I only get this if MJ isn't already running. As long as MJ is running, it all works like usual. Previously, if MJ wasn't running, mjextman would start it if need be.

Lynn

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2002, 07:42:26 pm »

I have not been able to get plugins to work with version 9.  This includes input, dsp, and output.  Does version 9.0 support 'winamp' compatible plugins?  Also, what is the future for directx plugins?

One other bug in the file export.  Many of the database fields, like filename, are not exported regardless of the setting.

Probably the most serious bug I have encountered is when MJ hangs at the end of a playlist.  I am using the ASIO drivers, and the hang is very consistent.

Regards,
Lynn

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2002, 08:00:52 pm »

Bug:

1.  TV Tuner Scan for channels still hangs. At ch 31 on my system.

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2002, 08:02:46 pm »

Wish:

1.  ALL Options moved to TOOLS/OPTIONS menu item. Including TV and Visualization options.

2.  Visualization Studio should be under TOOLS

3.  DSP Studio should be under TOOLS??

-Mr.X

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2002, 04:48:13 am »

When upgrading the database to v9, it should not be a modal dialog. Please allow users to push the conversion process down into the system tray.

I have 33,000 files and it is updating at a rate of 3 per second. This is going to take 183 minutes.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2002, 06:03:33 am »

On saving a cap. file still getting "unknown error"

Griff,

This happens after you recorded a piece and tried to save by selecting "Save Captured Video As ..." from the "TV Recording" menu, right?

I have a lot of configuration stuff to work on. What you saw was caused by recording been done in WMV format, instead of AVI format as before. When recording in WMV format, "Save Captured Video As ..." does not work, because the recording is saved directly in a file of a name like this:

Ch 7  11_7_2002 9_43_38.WMV

instead of in TempCaptureFile.AVI and then copied to other files as in the case of AVI recording.

I will have to hide that command when recording is in WMV format.

WMV is currently the default choice for recording. You can still choose to use AVI, but I have not finished the configuration dialog. You can edit the registry to make the change - change the value of "Capture In ASF" to 0 for AVI recording, 1 for WMV recording.

Yaobing

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2002, 06:14:12 am »

I forgot to mention that the registry key for TV settings is at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\TV Settings" now.

Another thing, if you have ATI AIW card and are having difficulty doing time-shifting at 640x240 29.97fps, please try 29.00 fps. I have an older ATI AIW card (128 PRO). It just can not do 29.97 and 640x240 combination correctly (uses up 100% of my CPU). 29.00 fps works great.

nila

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2002, 06:39:51 am »

After a fresh install all my library disappeared.
Had to do a fresh import.

over 2000 of my songs dont have the tags set and I know they were appearing in v8.
The 'name' tag has the filename instead of the title and the artist etc tag dont show anything.

Install Path: C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox 9\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1669 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 361 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2002, 07:26:28 am »

Yaobing

Thanks for the info.

This happens after you recorded a piece and tried to save by selecting "Save Captured Video As ..." from the "TV Recording" menu, right?

Right.

"Save Captured Video As ..." does not work, because the recording is saved directly in a file of a name like this:Ch 7  11_7_2002 9_43_38.WMV

Now I understand. This does work.

Another thing, if you have ATI AIW card and are having difficulty doing time-shifting at 640x240 29.97fps, please try 29.00 fps. I have an older ATI AIW card (128 PRO).

AIW 7500--Didnt seem like there was a prob. at 640x240 29.97 on prev. ver.

Cant set above 29fps on this ver.

Thanks for your help

The Griff

Winstone

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! & MJ too
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2002, 07:52:15 am »

Bonjour,

Here is a problem I find after updating to this new version.

I can't rip anymore in MP3 format.

Information:

Cannot find plug-in "MP/ Encoder".

Note: I already install this plug-in

2nd message : Encoder doesn't support buffer input.

Any idea !

Media Jukebox  9.0.73

CPU: Intel Pentium III 732 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 522 MB, Free - 235 MB

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2002, 10:12:05 am »

When playing streaming radio, it will create a playlist with a number as the name, then it imports the station into the media library and puts it in that playlist.
This repeats for each stream

When trying to play Real or Windows Media streams, it's telling me I do not have the correct versions of real and WMP. I have Realone and WMP9 RC1

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1499 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 251 MB

wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2002, 10:24:46 am »

This is the first build ever for me that has shown information in the audio analysis window about the files to be analyzed BUT the last few files I have left to be analyzed crash MJ every time I try to start.  Would it be useful for me to send you the files??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2002, 10:30:27 am »

Adam,
Please wait for the next build.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2002, 10:38:22 am »

Okey Dokey...what time is it in the states?  It is 8.30pm here...just wondering if I will be able to get the enw build tonight or if I will have to drag my anticipation over to tomorrow night ;D  

Adam

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2002, 12:14:47 pm »

You're 6 hours ahead of us.  We're in the Central Time Zone.  There are 4 time zones in the U.S.

We may have something by 5:00 here, but we can't be sure.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2002, 12:46:50 pm »

K Thanks Jim.  I missed the last build on Tuesday by about ten minutes ;D  Saw it at work the next morning and couldn't do anything til I got home...

Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up