INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When will MJ 9 read MJ 8 custom fields?  (Read 1060 times)

LeoH

• World Citizen
When will MJ 9 read MJ 8 custom fields?
« on: October 30, 2002, 08:13:34 pm »

Sorry to be a broken record on this but when do you anticipate MJ 9 being able to read the three custom fields from an MJ 8 database? Otherwise, great work on MJ 9!

michel

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: When will MJ 9 read MJ 8 custom fields?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2002, 09:06:24 pm »

I have the same problem but someone (Matt or Jim ?)said here that MJ9 is already able to read these fields.

He said you have to create the field in Setting/Options/Tree & View settings. But I cannot see my custom fields doing that.

May be it is because I do not update my current MJ8 database: I moved some files into another PC and I imported them into a fresh MJ9.

Also may be we need to create the custom fields in MJ9 before to import these MJ8 files with custom fields.

Anyway many users complained about that so it could be nice if Matt or Jim could clarify the way to do.

Rudy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 12:23:46 am »

I have one custom field  I use, named Import Date. Whenever I try out a version of 9, this field is always there. Maybe it has to be named/renamed? The other custom fields are not in the upgraded v.9 database-I don't use them and they haven't been renamed. I always let 9 upgrade my database.

On a side note, I use this custom field as a criteria for a view scheme, so I can sort out year by year, month by month. I'm having trouble doing this in 9 - I can't use my imported, renamed custom field as a search criteria. Am I missing something?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2002, 12:58:20 am »

I had this problem too.  Matt explained (cheers Matt!) you need to set search criteris for it, so if the field is recently imported you need to set the search criteria as "recentlyimported=".  You can do this in the tree and view setting s in options.  If this isn't clear let me know and i'll try to explain it better :)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

michel

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2002, 01:40:18 am »

I always let 9 upgrade my database.

I don't want to do it until MJ9 is more mature (I try MJ9 on another computer with a clean install, not an upgrade). But I will try installing MJ8 on another computer, copying some audio files, importing them, and updating tags with custom fields. Then I will let MJ9 upgrade this database.

LeoH

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2002, 08:55:33 am »

Adam,

I did not understand the actions you recommend for importing the custom fields from MJ8. Can you clarify? Thanks.

-Leo

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2002, 10:39:57 am »

Sorry I was talking about custom database fields in MJ 9 as I thought this is waht Rudy was talking about.  I never used Custom 1,2,3 in MJ 8

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up