INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchase MJ9  (Read 2068 times)

Victorag

• Recent member
  • Early retirement is to die young...
Purchase MJ9
« on: September 26, 2002, 04:32:14 am »

Is MJ9 ready for purchase? I have MJ7 license and is no longer useful for MJ9. If I hit the buy button, will I get MJ9 license or MJ8 ?
Victor

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Purchase MJ9
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 06:01:55 am »

With the latest build of 9, you'll get a Media Jukebox 9 license. (if not, just give a shout)

Thanks Victorag.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 10:57:15 pm »

Yeah I screwed up on this too... Tried to buy an MJ9 license and bought a MJ8 instead....
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2002, 12:12:49 am »

If I understood the discussion before correctly an MJ8 license will be okay for MJ9.  Victorags problem was that he had a version 7
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2002, 01:12:08 am »

Agreed... I dont think that we will be left out in the cold now but with MJ having a history of carrying licenses beyond single revisions it makes far more sense to buy a v9 now at the beggining of a new licence cycle than buy a v8 now at the end of one... I had been hanging on attempting to wait out the v8 process...

Of course there is no real idea as to how JRiver will be handling v9 license beyond 9 but it is simply better buying advice...

I saw a post by Jim that said v9 licenses work with v8 so I immediately went to buy one... I figured that at some stage in the order process it would allow me to select one or the other... It didn't...  

Doesn't really matter as its all going to a good cause but I specifically tried to one thing and did the exact thing I was trying not to do...
HTPC Front ends  

nila

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2002, 03:07:16 am »

e-mail Jim or the person who was in charge of the billing details.
If you give them the purchase date, receipt etc I'm sure they'll help you out and swap it for a v9 one if you bought it when the v9 ones were available.
They're usually more than helpful :)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2002, 03:07:24 am »

LOL I see your dilemna.  I wasn't even aware of V9 when I bought my V8 license.  I had run out from the trial and so just paid my money as I needed to keep plus features like Burning and the media editor.

I guess in a coupla years time I will have no problem upgrading to 10.

Unless it goes up to $50!!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2002, 04:12:33 am »

A couple of builds ago, we introduced this system.

Buy a V8 or V9 license and you get the use of both programs.

You need to use the right program to buy the right license but then you can switch back and forth.

Going from v8 to v9, the data is automatically upgraded.  A copy is created in a backup folder near the data folder.

Going back to v8 requires you to manually copy those .jmd files from the backup back to the data folder.

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2002, 04:40:30 am »

Nila with a normal company I would agree with you but you are forgetting the mad pace of development with JRiver 8) ... Gotta remember is was only a couple of months ago that v8 was beta'ed then released... I think first non beta release was somewhere around June ?? Now we are looking down the barrels of v9....

Dont get me wrong I love the development but it does put it in perspective... The 8 licence has been usable for 3 or 4 months if you dont count the beta's (am I about right with those dates ?? I get easily confused you know)...  
HTPC Front ends  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2002, 06:53:46 am »

I think the first 8 licenses were sold in December when 8 was about where 9 is now.

I guess there's a cost to being on the bleeding edge.

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2002, 07:26:54 am »

WOW is it that long ago ?? Am I roughly right on when it went Gold or am I really cracking up (distinct possibility)...

I remember really getting enthused when the web remote started to get interesting... That was late spring and still beta I am sure...  

With the HairStyle ideas that are bubling (please say you will try and make flash displayable in the background, I have so many ideas all fighting for spare synapses on that its not funny) the evolution continues...
HTPC Front ends  
Pages: [1]   Go Up