INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anybody have the ra/rm pulgin?  (Read 2900 times)

reeea

• nothing more to say...
anybody have the ra/rm pulgin?
« on: July 06, 2003, 12:45:50 am »

i need it,please,please tell me

Joe_F.

• nothing more to say...
Re: anybody have the ra/rm pulgin?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 04:54:13 am »

Sounds like you dislike Real Player as much as I do.
Someone asked about associating RM file types with MC9 in another section and got a response from the moderator that doesn't pan out.

I got fed up with RP and uninstalled it, then deleted it everywhere in the registry. Result, now when I try to open a RM video file with MC9, it runs a Real Player warning to download the latest version.

Note that the Media Scheduler and changing file associations does NOT work in MC9 either.

Before I deleted the rubbish player and all mentions of it, I could open a .rm file with OPEN WITH in windows XP and it would play in MC9. Now it won't play. Just get the propaganda from Real Rubbish to download it to play the file type.

Never head of this plug-in you're talking about. Hope someone can help US and MC9 find a way around this.

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 07:14:23 am »

There is no ra/rm plugin Im afraid.  Because of the way Real PLayer works there is no separate codecs.  For MC to be able to play it you need to have a version of Real Player installed on your system.
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 06:36:08 am »

I have hundreds of hours of old concert archives encoded in .ra or .rm, but at such a low bitrate that even RealOne would not covert it   ?
If only I could get these into another format I would erradicate any signs of Real anything.
Unfortunately the only method I can see is to play them all while recording with Total Recorder . . .  but alas I have not the patience.  :-/
Would love someone to provide a better solution.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 10:21:00 am »

Total Recorder
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up