INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NetRemote link on AVSForum  (Read 2536 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
NetRemote link on AVSForum
« on: September 26, 2002, 07:53:22 am »

WickedEwok is the author of NetRemote.  It emulates a Pronto on a PocketPC.  

It can use the Media Jukebox WebRemote plug-in to control MJ from a PocketPC.  This is useful as a fancy remote control for a TV that is PC powered -- Home Theater PC in AVS talk.

If you install it, pay close attention to the instructions and be sure you're using the right version of WebRemote.  There are several right now.

Here's a link to a very long thread at AVSForum:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135048

Here's the netremote home page:

http://www.netremote.org/

JimH

• Administrator
Re: NetRemote link on AVSForum
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2002, 01:20:13 pm »

bump

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 05:33:27 am »

Here's a quick summary from hyslopc on AVSForum.  Maybe it will help someone.

"OK, got it working! I finally discovered how to configure NetRemote - you do it from the GUI itself using menu option File | Configuration (which should have three dots after it, BTW, since it results in a dialog box). Then under "Loaded Drivers", click on "MediaJukebox driver", then "Configure". Change the IP address, hit OK twice.

"Then in MC9, I did as Mastiff said: "click on Plug-ins at the bottom of the left main window in MC9, where you'll see WebRemote". From there it was obvious that I had to change the port to 8080, click auto-start, save, and then click on "start server".

"So I have a connection now at last. Got a runtime error in MC9, but that's probably just an issue with the beta.

"Here's a question - would it be so hard to just copy the info I posted here into a readme.txt, and include that with the NetRemote download? As it is now, new downloaders have no clue whatsoever how to get it working (at least I didn't, and I'm a Windows programmer)."

-- hyslopc

[the problem with the runtime error is a result of Playing Now being empty -- JimH]

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 05:34:15 am »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 05:56:00 am »

and some basic instructions:

http://members.bellatlantic.net./~vze3fgvv/NetRemote/

These pages may move to the NetRemote site later, so check there first.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 04:45:14 am »

REMOTE SERVER in MC 9.0.140
Replaces Web Remote

If you've been using the WebRemote plug-in for MJ/MC with either NetRemote or Glissando, you will now have the same capability built in to JRiver Media Center (versions 9.0.140 and above).  

Remote Server (formerly Web Remote) is now built and configurable from Tools -> Options -> Startup.  

If you're not familiar with this, it provides a way to access the MC library from a browser or other program.

nila

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2003, 07:51:28 am »

Nice Move :)
Is there any way to see the log of who's done what on the remote?

Also - I know it's late and you want no more features but this was a new feature in itself. Could we have a button or some other means of turning this on and off quickly without going in and out of options? A button would be the best as it could be made to 'glow' or some other effect so that we know when the server is running and when it's off.

What I'm dying for is the day I can interact with MJ through  my php pages to query MJ like a full database and so then create my own total customised web front end. So MJ acts like a mini mySQL. - Oh that'll be a nice day :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up