INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Problems with MC 9.1.269  (Read 1307 times)

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
Two Problems with MC 9.1.269
« on: October 10, 2003, 06:56:53 am »

I updated my MC 9 to 9.1.269.
Now I have 2 problems:
1 - The Function Library Tools/Rename Files from Properties sometimes don't work using a default tag, like: [ARTIST] - [TRACK #] - [NAME]
2 - I try rip a CD (Maxxel): everytime I had a message like "Incorrect parameter..."... when I do it with Nero Express, it work without problem.

Thanks

Alweb

jleerigby

Re:Two Problems with MC 9.1.269
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 07:15:03 am »

Before someone clever jumps in with a direct answer to your questions I'll say this:

1.  Update to the latest build (.273) if you can.  That way those trying to solve / recreate your problem will be on the same build as you.  Also, you never know, the problem may have been a bug which is now fixed.

2.  Get your system info from Help in MC and post it here.

3.  Give us more details e.g. What do you mean by don't work?  Do you mean it does nothing or it does something bad?  

Be aware that you need to change the view or the selection (highlight) before changes like this will be written.  With the CD problem tell us what your ripping settings are.  What are you trying to RIP to?

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 09:35:43 am »

JLee
Tks to reply.
1 - I have uninstalled 9.1 and reinstall 9.0
2 - My Systema Info: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2185 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 244 MB, Free - 83 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R2412   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

3 - Don't work: I had access the function Library Tools/Rename Files from Properties and select  Rule = [ARTIST] - [TRACK #] - [NAME]:
And press Ok... but the filename was not updated sometimes. I had selected more than one music and everybodi where not updated.

4 - With the version 9.0 I Rip Audio CDs and MP3 CDs Maxxel without problems. But this version returno the parameter error..
I was ripping an Audio CD.

Alweb

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 11:26:33 am »

Please try the latest build from this board.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 11:34:14 am »

2 - I try rip a CD (Maxxel): everytime I had a message like "Incorrect parameter..."... when I do it with Nero Express, it work without problem.
If it's still not working with the latest build, please send me a log file of the ripping process. The instructions are below. If you don't know how to edit the registry, send me an email and I'll send you a small utility that will do it for you.

Turn on MC's logging for CD ripping by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Reader\Logger

Then just start up Media Center and try to rip a CD. Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called "cdripper.log" and email that to me. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you start up MC, so you must send the file before restarting MC.

Thanks!
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 11:48:28 am »

JohT/JimH
Tks so mutch...
I updated to the last version and de function to rename filenames with file properties is ok.
Later I will try rip a CD... If the problem persist I return the log to you.

One more time, thanks for all!!!

Alweb
Pages: [1]   Go Up