INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks missing from view scheme  (Read 1153 times)

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Tracks missing from view scheme
« on: October 18, 2003, 03:54:36 am »

I'm having a little problem with view schemes at the moment and wonder if anyone can give any me any suggestions.

I've arranged my library so that  one pane shows A-Z in groups of three. Then the next pane shows groups. The third pane shows the albums by that group. The view scheme points to a directory that contains tracks I've ripped from CD.

Everything works fine except for the fact that I have about half a dozen albums where a single track from each album refuses to show in the view scheme. It's in the library when showing all tracks but when I narrow the search by artist then album it refuses to show.

Ive checked the location is correct so as to be included. I've checked the tag and thats correct. I've checked the view scheme settings and they're ok. I've deleted the tracks and reimported but it still refuses to show them in the view. Only in the main library.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful as it's driving me nuts.

Thanks

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:Tracks missing from view scheme
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 04:13:34 am »

Ok this getting even more confusing.

Ive found that the missing tracks all have a rating against them whereas the others have no rating. If I remove the rating the missing tracks now appear in the view scheme, and if I reapply the rating they diaspear again.  There are other tracks in the view scheme with ratings but they appear ?

Ive checked the view scheme settings and I haven't included anything to deal with rated and non rated tracks, so all tracks should appear irrespective of rating.

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 10:51:03 pm »

This reminds me of a problem I had with ape files.

It's like if the name field had c:\blah blah, it wouldn't show in a view scheme but it showed in the root of Media Library.

Anything happen with this yet?

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 08:35:46 am »

Well I still haven't managed to figure out what's going on. I keep hoping that it's one of those little things that will just sort it self out in a future build.

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 07:32:10 am »

Ok this getting even more confusing.

Ive found that the missing tracks all have a rating against them whereas the others have no rating. If I remove the rating the missing tracks now appear in the view scheme, and if I reapply the rating they diaspear again.  There are other tracks in the view scheme with ratings but they appear ?

Ive checked the view scheme settings and I haven't included anything to deal with rated and non rated tracks, so all tracks should appear irrespective of rating.

Is it something to do with whether ratings are saved inside the files or not?  What's the difference between these rated files and the other rated files that do show?  Highlight the file and have a look at File type info in the Action Window to see if you can see any differences.
Pages: [1]   Go Up