INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC becomes slooooower  (Read 1345 times)

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
MC becomes slooooower
« on: November 03, 2003, 02:16:32 am »

Since the last few builts, i recognize that MC lost performance in vizualisation the spectrum analyser in full window-mode. I have to turn this mode off, because the bars are 1 Sec. too slow. Yes I know, my 800 Mhz PC is not the fastest model, but a few builts of MC ago, the performance was acceptable. Did you change anything, that could rob my MHz ?

Uwe

jleerigby

Re:MC becomes slooooower
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 02:30:03 pm »

Slightly off the topic but I've noticed that Hairstyle mode is deadly slow in Thumbnails view.  I can't say if it got slower as i've only recently started using HS but I really can't use Thumbnails the way it is.

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro - Catalyst Drivers 3.7

Media Center Registered 9.1.290 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2148 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1572 MB, Free - 1194 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 02:42:29 pm »

Are you also running across a network?  Were the thumbnails built before you used Hairstyle?  Open MC in mega mode and click on the Media Library in the tree and make sure the thumbnails are built.

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 10:48:23 pm »

Are you also running across a network?  Were the thumbnails built before you used Hairstyle?  Open MC in mega mode and click on the Media Library in the tree and make sure the thumbnails are built.

No - not on a network.  The thumbails are already built.  Matt's recent optimisations have done wonders in mega-me - it's just hairstyle that's slow.  I thought it was down to the plasma but it's the same on my PC monitor too.

Hairstyle doesn't seem to use the cached thumbs like mega-me does.  If you go back and then forward it still takes as long - around 10 seconds to display the first page (19 thumbnails).

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 05:48:28 am »

I'm running a 2400+ and it is very much noticable, when 3D vis is turned on!
Udo

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 06:39:38 am »

I do not have the demand for 3D, not on my 800 MHz. But i noticed that the spectrum analysis becomes less performant the last few builds. Maybe its also in 3D, i don't know.
Well, i would buy me a quicker PC, but i know that it was quick enough since 9.28x or so.
I wouldn't buy me a stronger car, when i know the car drives so slow because of the tightened brakes :P

Uwe
Pages: [1]   Go Up