INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: grider with the new mc 9.1?  (Read 1274 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
grider with the new mc 9.1?
« on: November 05, 2003, 09:05:47 am »

hi guys!

im a newbee to 9.1 and wondered if it was possible to use the grider plugin with the new MC. the remote section in the plugin web page dosent seem to have it anymore..

thx in advance

Zeltak!  :)

jleerigby

Re:grider with the new mc 9.1?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 09:56:54 am »

I just downloaded girder and used it for the first time today.  Works great.  There is a sample GML file in the data\extras folder that you can use to get you started.  

There is just one thing I can't suss out and that's the on-screen display.  I've enabled it and I've added comments to Commands and Event Strings but I don't see any OSD captions.  What am I doing wrong.

(p.s. Matt - I'll stop bugging you now about adding ratings to MC's internal remote control settings!)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 10:24:40 am »

hi , thx for the quick reply!

I know its probaby a stupid thing to configure but i cant make it work, i tried programing my remote that works with just about eveything else to the mc9.1 actions but nothing happens, do i have to do something special or configure something in MC itself? thx alot

Zeltak

eruji

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 10:35:57 am »

There is just one thing I can't suss out and that's the on-screen display.  I've enabled it and I've added comments to Commands and Event Strings but I don't see any OSD captions.  What am I doing wrong.

JLee, which OSD are you using? simpleOSD under the Girder Tab is built in to girder.

so to get an OSD you would do the following:

MultiGroup
   -Command
   -OSD
-Event

for example:

Play (multigroup name)
   -Play/Pause ( Media Center Play command)
   -OSD (Girder Tab, Simple OSD, type "Play" in Icon/Device text box
-Event (assign your remote or keypress here)

so when you press your remote/key you will execute the Play/Pause command to MediaCenter and then execute the Simple OSD to display "Play"

make sense?

i would reccomend using XP OSD or OSD Popup instead of the built in SImple OSD.

know its probaby a stupid thing to configure but i cant make it work, i tried programing my remote that works with just about eveything else to the mc9.1 actions but nothing happens, do i have to do something special or configure something in MC itself? thx alot

Zeltak, make sure you have the send message plugin enabled in girder if you are using the GML from the Media Center Dir, and are using the WMessage Commands group.

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 10:57:21 am »

i would reccomend using XP OSD or OSD Popup instead of the built in SImple OSD.

Thanks - Spooky those 2 are exactly the ones I tried first.  When I posted earlier I hadn't realised I needed a plug in and and also didn't realise I needed to assign a separate event to get the OSD.  It all seems so obvious now.  

Thanks again.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 03:17:37 am »

Thx alot!
the problem was the send message plugin, fixed it!!
thx alot agina  :) 8) :) :D ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up