INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Version is my License?  (Read 1302 times)

Korbinian_Meindl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
What Version is my License?
« on: December 11, 2002, 02:29:59 am »

Hi,

This question may sound a little bit silly, but I really don`t understand your licening agreement.
I bought my media jukebox license a few days ago. Now
I read, that all version 8 Licenses which have been bought after (!!!!) December, 3rd, have to be upgraded for a price of about 8 $ or later about 20$.
Why do you sell old licenses?
How can i check if my license will work with the final release of version 9?
I downloaded media center 9.084 and everything works fine. Does this fact guarantee, that my license will work with the final release.

Thanks
Korbinian

Korbinian_Meindl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: What Version is my License? Update
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 03:26:43 am »

Some of my questions have been answered by the fact, that I tried to install Media Center 9.088 and now there is a message, that I have to upgrade my license to version 9.
I really don`t understand, why I should pay for something, if I buy it later.
If i bought this software before december, 1st, I now would have the right to use version 9. Because I bought it 7 days to late, i have to pay another 8 $, in sum 33$. If I bought version 9 at your website i would have payed 30$.
I am really confused about this fact and I am getting a little bit angry about it, too.
Can you please explain me, why your licening agreement is so complicated and user-annoying.
I really like your software, it is simply the best, so i hope you can make me a good suggestion to get full access to Media center 9, without paying 8 $.

Thanks Korbinian

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What Version is my License?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 06:21:53 am »

if you bought MJ8 thats Not The Same As MC9, and MC9 has been onsale for a few months now.

MC9 includes options Not In MJ8.

I think (Don't hold me to this) that MJ8 well go to MJ9 but without the Video And TV etc....
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What Version is my License? Update
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 06:52:16 am »

Can you please explain me, why your licening agreement is so complicated and user-annoying.  I really like your software, it is simply the best, so i hope you can make me a good suggestion to get full access to Media center 9, without paying 8 $.

Sorry you're not happy.  It's especially confusing right now because we just split our product into two different products, and one of them is in beta, so we offered it for a reduced price.

If you gave us an e-mail when you downloaded originally, we did mail you on the December cutoff.

In the end, we have to draw a line somewhere.  Sorry you were on the wrong side of it, but you can still get MC for $33 during December.  The cost to upgrade will go up on January 1.  When we release MC around February 1, your cost to upgrade from version 8 will be $19.98.  It's $7.98 right now.

I hope you can understand that we need the money to do the work.  And we have payments to make on KingSparta's Yugo.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 06:58:20 am »

>> And we have payments to make on
>> KingSparta's Yugo.
LMAO
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Korbinian_Meindl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 03:07:48 am »

Hi,
at first I want to thank you for your answer.

I have one further question. You talked about developing two programs Media Jukebox 9 and Media Center 9. My question is, can I use the License of Media Center 9 for a (future) Media Jukebox 9 or are the two programs completely independent.
If the license of MC9 would work with a future MJ 9, this would be a good solution to my problem! Then I would buy the upgrade license to version 9 and could participate on further developments.

Thanks
Korbinian
Pages: [1]   Go Up