INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.16 beta available  (Read 8175 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.16 beta available
« on: December 15, 2003, 04:45:33 pm »

Media Center 10.0.16 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10016.exe

10.0.16 (12/15/03)

1. Changed: Hairstyle maintains the aspect ratio of thumbnails instead of stretching.
2. Changed: Hairstyle does a better job of using as large of fonts as possible.
3. Changed: Hairstyle starts playing selected item when hitting play, but adds all selected / visible items.
4. NEW: Hairstyle configuration now allows unused root items to be hidden.
5. Changed: Simplified Hairstyle sizing configuration.
6. Changed: Many Hairstyle skinning engine changes. (now v1.7 -- documentation to follow)
7. Fixed: MC would not completely hide the browser panes when clicking the splitter arrow.
8. Changed: MC better at correcting capitalization of FTP friendly filenames. (with underscores instead of spaces)
9. Fixed: Playback display bars at top and bottom could be dragged around by their bottom pixel.
10. Fixed: Hairstyle PIP wasn't always updating properly.
11. NEW: Hairstyle draws a play overlay on the currently playing track.
12. Changed: Video Properties (Brightness, contrast, etc.) settings are saved in registry and set on start of TV.

10.0.15 (12/12/03)

1. NEW: TV has functionality of frequency override.
2. Changed: Added tooltips to TV Channels and Frequency overriding dialogs.
3. Fixed: Hauppauge WinTV USB device had clicking noise during channel switching. (workaround of a driver issue)
4. Fixed: Scroll position in file lists was not being preserved when using the "Back" command.
5. Fixed: Fullscreen display wasn't working properly.
6. Changed: Hairstyle only loaded on demand instead of always when switching to fullscreen.
7. Fixed: Editing view schemes would cause MC to keep switching the selection back to 'Media Library'.
8. Fixed: Sometimes after switching skins, player controls would be misshaped.
9. Fixed: Hairstyle was not allowing 'Video' to be entered.
10. Changed: Hairstyle 'Playlists' now lists files like library views do.
11. Changed: Update 'About' and 'Splash' images for version 10 beta.
12. Fixed: Fixed drive portables would disappear from tree after synchronization.

10.0.14 (12/11/03)

1. Changed: Hairstyle options moved to separate dialog. (available via display right-click for now)
2. Changed: Improved Hairstyle thumbnail sizing so there's never any wasted space.
3. NEW: Reworked Hairstyle navigation system -- requires less 'drilling down' in most cases.
4. Fixed: Smartlist wizard wasn't allowing a rule to be removed by doing a "Select All -> OK".
5. Fixed: Smartlist wizard was allowing in-place editing of list values.
6. Fixed: Action Windows would not resize when selecting different files.
7. Changed: Restructured access to internal and external web pages.
8. Changed: Added configurable "anti-repeat" interval to remote control settings dialog.
9. Changed: Several other Hairstyle changes / improvements. (still a work in progress)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Media Center 10.0.16 beta available
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 05:22:02 pm »

Using CTRL and SHIFT to select multiple groups of images does not work correctly.  

For example, if you want to select items A thru E and G thru K:
Click on A.
Press SHIFT and click on E.
Press CTRL and click on G.
Press CTRL and SHIFT and click on K.

In Images, you lose A thru E.
This works fine with music files.

RemyJ

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 05:25:00 pm »

• Old Bug Resurfaced...  In thumbnail view, if you select an item then scroll with the mouse wheel, the list snaps back to the item selected.
  • If the action window is collapsed and a tree item is selected in the lower half of the tree, when the action window re-expands it covers the selected tree item.  The tree item selected should move up along with the action window to keep it visible.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 05:32:29 pm »

LOVE the way "Hairstyle" is progressing, but would prefer the NEW Hairstyle play overlay on the currently playing track to be on the left side of the track title instead of to the far right; alternatively, how about the entire actively playing track being set off in a different color.

Media Center Registered 10.0.16 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2395 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 272 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PREMIUM     Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

dedidio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 05:36:30 pm »

Hairstyle is really coming along!  :)

Something I thought of which I would certainly appreciate (and thus think others would too): when defining the view schemes that hairstyle uses it would be great to specify a default for thumbnail/list for each column.  Maybe just a checkbox saying something to the affect of 'use thumbnail view as default for this column in hairstyle' in the column properties dialog.

Bug/Annoyance: album art is not provided by media server for track info templates.  The image path comes up as m01p://192.168.1.4:8080/C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data\Cover Art\Evanescence - Fallen.jpg (for example) in the source.

Keep up the great work!
http://www.theindependentstate.co.uk - Where everyone is as bored as you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 05:40:42 pm »

Old Bug Resurfaced...  In thumbnail view, if you select an item then scroll with the mouse wheel, the list snaps back to the item selected.

This is how a Windows list control works. (with Explorer, click and scroll fast and it'll do the same thing)  The control sets an undocumented timer internally that does an EnsureVisible(...) on the selected item.  When we tried to workaround it, other list control things started breaking.

BTW, it's nice to see you around here again :)

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 05:43:50 pm »

When you rename a view scheme in-place, you have to refresh the screen to see the new name.  Otherwise it looks like the new name didn't take.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 06:00:12 pm »

Hairstyle doesn't let any other window retain focus.

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 06:16:01 pm »

Hairstyle needs to autoscroll once it reaches the last track in the playlist on the current screen; otherwise, the newly added "play" icon is pretty meaningless when the playlist has more than one screen's worth of tracks to play.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 06:31:41 pm »

Double clicking on a single word in the search bar should select the entire word.  (It's good that clicking once anywhere selects the whole field.)

MC uses un-skinned windows for some message boxes - such as "Please Wait."

NoCodeUK

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 06:32:07 pm »

Love where the new Hairstyle is going...I can see myself using this all the time once I have my HTPC...just a few things I noticed...

• Thumbnails in lower pages still don't show.  The first page is generated but wen you scroll down there is only the question mark
  • There is no longer a back button as part of the view scheme/thumbnail list.  This was better for mouse users
  • Still no way to copy VS from 'All' over to the Media Modes hence they canot be used in Hairstyle...could some kind of converter be added??It would only need to be something dirty for a couple of builds until existing users had migrated their VS across...
  • Any chance that Auto Hide could work in reverse too e.g when a playlist or video has finished or is stopped focus returns to HS...
  • Like the fact that we can now choose what appears on the front page however the change doesn't happen immediately...you need to enter a media state then go back to see the change...may be confusing for n00bs
  • If a track has been stopeed when MC was in FS mode the menu/APPS key does not return you to HS...this means there is no way to return to HS without going through MEGA ME if a track was stopped in FS
[Rather than having to go to Playing Now all the time to control Play Stop etc could there be an optional transport for mouse/keyboard/touch screen users?  Obviously when using a remote this would not be necessary but for the rest of us it would be great...if this was added then the playing now screen need only be alist like it is in MEGA ME...
  • An on screen toggle for the auto hide would be nice rather than it being hidden in the options.  Sometimes you might want to select a slide show and watch it in the pip, other times you want to see it fullscreen...an easy way to either override or turn off autohide without going into options therefore would be brilliant
  • The FS Screen playback controls still appear in HS occasionally.  I don't ever want to see these in HS only in FS.  If this is a 'front end' then the 'back end' ie MC should not be obvious to a user at all except in FS where there are no other controls.

K, that's all I can think of for the moment ;D  Please don't take these as criticism.  I am really excited where this is heading...these are just my ideas thinking in terms of the scenarios I would wish to use this in and the people I would be expecting to use it...

Thanks for all your work...this is fast becoming one of the best HTPC front ends out there in a really short space of time...who knows how far it can go??

Adam

EDIT: Just thought of another thing that would be nice.  It would be cool for in HS if you could choose on a per VS basis at what point you see thumbs and at what point you see a list eg in Artist/Album/Tracks VS Artist and Album could both be Thumbs but Tracks could be a list...just seems a bit wierd seeing lots of the asme thumb one for each track...
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

sraymond

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2003, 07:06:52 pm »

Hairstyle is changing for the better!

A couple questions/comments:

- Can the hairstyle GUI options be set in the main.xml file?  This would make it much easier to switch between hairstyles tuned for different functions.

- Bring back the back icon.  It's too hard to have to navigate through the left-hand-side list in order to go back up the right-hand-side tree.  Or...  how about using the tab key to swith between the LHS and RHS?  Mouse users won't complain (they just point and click anyway) and remote control users should have an extra button they can program for this function.

Scott-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2003, 07:09:14 pm »

Bring back the back icon.  It's too hard to have to navigate through the left-hand-side list in order to go back up the right-hand-side tree.  Or...  how about using the tab key to swith between the LHS and RHS?  Mouse users won't complain (they just point and click anyway) and remote control users should have an extra button they can program for this function.

Tab does work.

To go back with a remote, just hitting left a few times seems the quickest.

With your mouse, using the back button on the mouse itself should work.

Maybe the back keyboard shortcut (backspace, etc.) should work.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2003, 07:12:10 pm »

They have back buttons on mice??? ;D

Just noticed that if you edit a view scheme under the new media modes (eg to change the name) all sorting and column options get removed :(

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

sraymond

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2003, 07:40:02 pm »

Bring back the back icon.  It's too hard to have to navigate through the left-hand-side list in order to go back up the right-hand-side tree.  Or...  how about using the tab key to swith between the LHS and RHS?  Mouse users won't complain (they just point and click anyway) and remote control users should have an extra button they can program for this function.

Tab does work.

To go back with a remote, just hitting left a few times seems the quickest.

With your mouse, using the back button on the mouse itself should work.

Maybe the back keyboard shortcut (backspace, etc.) should work.

I learn something new every day.

My point was that if there was a way to switch between LHS and RHS lists, it would seem more elegant to let a left arrow off the RHS list act as a "back", instead of having first to go "through" the LHS list.  You've got to admit, it's a bit unintuitive to go from RHS to LHS back to RHS by using just the back key.

A "backspace" key might be a nice idea!

Scott-

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2003, 07:45:07 pm »

The "back" button is handy - just don't make it the same size and shape as a thumbnail. The "back" or "escape" function is one that seems to appear on almost every consumer electronics device with an on-screen display...

rocketsauce

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2003, 08:42:11 pm »

Editing tags inline always crashes MC.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17577

Having some trouble with search rules in view scheme properties.

I created a semicolon delimited field called Artist (related). For example, I have tracks by Tenacious D and I also have tracks by Jack Black (who is a member of Tenacious D). So for the Jack Black tracks I put Tenacious D in the Artist (related) field. Then in view scheme properties I set the file search rules to Artist: Tenacious D and Artist (related): Tenacious D, which should give me a view scheme that only shows both Tenacious D tracks and Jack Black tracks. However, for some reason, when I add the Artist (related) search parameter I get an empty view scheme. The weird thing is that I have the same type of view schemes for other artists that were created using 9.1 and they still work in 10, but creating the scheme in 10 doesn't work.

Rob

Media Center Registered 10.0.16 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 731 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 96 MB
Resource Info: System - 60 %, GDI - 82 %, User - 60 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

RemyJ

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2003, 10:00:30 pm »

BTW, it's nice to see you around here again :)

Yeah, I've been downloading new versions faithfully but haven't had time to post in a while.  I'm between projects at work for the next few weeks so I guess I'll just have to resurrect that old bug tracking spreadsheet and get busy. :)
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

ThatAdamGuy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama's iguana!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2003, 10:24:07 pm »

BUG:
- Converting (but not overwriting) tracks in one's library results in the new tracks being shown but not the older (similarly but not identically named) tracks being shown.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Select some items in your library.
2) Convert (without overwriting)
3) Note that you now have \filename (1).wma but not the still-on-your-disk \filename.wma

If you delete the new "(1)" files from your library, it's then necessary to do another import (update doesn't work) to get the former tracks to show up again.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2003, 10:38:26 pm »

Hairstyle needs to autoscroll once it reaches the last track in the playlist on the current screen; otherwise, the newly added "play" icon is pretty meaningless when the playlist has more than one screen's worth of tracks to play.
I agree completely.  If I go from MegaMe to HS, I'd like to see the current track from Playing Now as the first on the list or thumbnail shown.

Also, when using my Streamzap remote, the pause key no longer works.

In MC9.1, hitting the Menu key would cycle from Mega-Me to Full Screen Vis. to HS.  Now when I do this, HS goes back to the main menu rather than staying on the screen I left.

Must say that the Album Art thumbnails and larger text look great.

dkan24

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2003, 11:24:16 pm »

HS is looking better and better every day!  

One thing I noticed.  When I hit play on an album, then go to playing now, every song under that artist is listed in the queue - in HS.  

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2003, 11:47:49 pm »

Still the same problem as in build 10.015: When using Tools, Advanced Tools, Convert Format nothing happens (except that there's a lot of activity on my harddisk) and  Media Center locks up.
A day without laughing is a day without living

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2003, 02:39:41 am »

When dragging/dropping files to a CD burner in the Action Window, although the files are added to the queue quickly (clicking on "click here to continue"), the number of files/times taken up by them in the Action Window is VERY slow (up to 30 secs to refresh).

At some times I'm burning the CD BEFORE the Action Window updates at all - it remains showing - say - 67 mins taken up while the CD burns files at 79 mins.

John.

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2003, 04:21:35 am »

Same sorting problem as previously... have posted this a couple of times now, should I continue to do so?

Sorting, when you're choosing not to display articles ("the") is not working properly.  Under Artists (Grouped), if you select the option to display "All" in the Artist pane, it works fine.  So my list goes AC/DC, The Auteurs, Baader Meinhof, The Beach Boys and so on.

But if you choose one of the other options like A-C, D-F, etc, the sorting doesn't work.  So, using the same example, The Auteurs and The Beach Boys do not appear under A-C as they should, but under S-U.  Even stranger, within S-U, they all appear at the top of the listing, apart from those that actually begin with S-U.  So "The Auteurs" appears at the TOP of the S-U listing, while "The Stranglers" appears alphabetically where Stranglers should be.

Bean

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2003, 05:15:32 am »

When i use thumbnail view in hairstyle and scroll down with the scroll wheel on my mouse, all the images disappears.

Bug?

MC10.0.16

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2003, 07:06:42 am »

Hi MC,

For the START Menu, can we have our own local web page instead of the default.  I use to copy my own onto the default directory and it works.  Now it does not.

sraymond

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2003, 09:40:23 am »

Hi MC,

For the START Menu, can we have our own local web page instead of the default.  I use to copy my own onto the default directory and it works.  Now it does not.

Should be customizable from the directory "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data\WebPages\Homepage".  But I wonder what "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data\Default InetPage" does...

Scott-

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2003, 09:43:32 am »

With MC 10 Running

Open Windows Explorer
Create New Folder
Go To Windows Explorer "File"
There Will Be 2 "Media Center" Entries

As A Matter Of Fact Every Time You Create A New File Folder A New "Media Center" will Be Added.

If You Change Dirs And Then Come Back Then It Is Corrected. Not Sure If This Is A Media Center Problem Or Windows Problem. But Media Center Is The Only Program That Has Entries In Windows Explorer That Does This.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2003, 10:51:46 am »

Hairstyle is definitely moving in the right decision... but  ;D

- The menu key doesn't reliable toggle between full and HS modes
- It is sometimes hard to know where one is in the menu/file hierarchy (Some competing products use of a title/caption on top of the screen, which works very well)
- I couldn't find a way see the track/song/album names when in thumbnail mode (sometimes pictures don't tell much... especially when they are all identical)
-I would like to see an option to disable the automatic switch between HS and Full mode
- Customisation to remove unused items would be nice too

NoCodeUK

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2003, 11:30:17 am »

Eiffel all three of your last requests are available from the options screen.  Right click when in hs and selct configure hairstyle...

Adam

chrisssssl

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2003, 01:16:36 pm »

i would love it if the next version has a "last used library tool" in the menu increased from 1 to the last 4 used.  

LisaRCT

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2003, 01:21:22 pm »

MC10 no longer plays .pls files, only m3u.
It used to play both in MC9 & MC9.1
 ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up