INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC XML Export 1.0.1 released  (Read 25427 times)

salsbst1

• World Citizen
Re:MC XML Export 1.0.1 released
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2004, 09:09:11 am »

The installer requires that you have write-access to the system registry. So, if you're on a restriced access computer, or you dont have Admin rights on 2k/xp it will fail, and I just realised that I didnt catch the error in the program.

That might be it, I was getting the errors I reported on my work computer which won't let me into the registry via regedit (I get a "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator).   However,  I've been able to install other programs that write to the registry, and can clean registry entries using Norton Utilities or RegCleaner.  Hope this is helpful.

Nolo

Save this as a .reg file and launch it to merge it into your registry.  It will enable you to use regedit.exe.

Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableRegistryTools"=dword:00000000

jwaters

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2004, 12:24:34 pm »

I've just discovered this plugin, and am very excited about the possibilities!

Quick question --- is there any way to schedule an XML export using this plugin?  I would like to do regular (daily) updates without having to perform any manual steps.

Thanks....

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2004, 09:19:13 pm »

No can do...  I had always hoped JRiver would provide the functionality of this plugin natively within MC.   If they did, it should be fairly easy to schedule an export.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2004, 12:41:32 pm »

i have noticed a problem with MCXML Export.

i have created a custom field called Album Score that i regularly fill, but i notice that MCXML export plugin does not list it in the bottom left corner that lists all fields once the plugin has loaded all the various lists. So there is no way for me to get this field exported in XML (well there is but i prefer to use the plugin to MC generic library dump to XML)

Was wondeirng if anyone know of this ? and if there is any solution.

am using MC 10.0.150 with MCXML export ver 1.0.1

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2004, 12:39:16 pm »

i have noticed a problem with MCXML Export.

i have created a custom field called Album Score that i regularly fill, but i notice that MCXML export plugin does not list it in the bottom left corner that lists all fields once the plugin has loaded all the various lists. So there is no way for me to get this field exported in XML (well there is but i prefer to use the plugin to MC generic library dump to XML)

Was wondeirng if anyone know of this ? and if there is any solution.

am using MC 10.0.150 with MCXML export ver 1.0.1

Why not manually add the field to a preset?  

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2004, 07:01:27 am »

Why not manually add the field to a preset?

DOH..good idea..the "Add" button is there but for some reason i did not see it.

Thx anyway, it ouptuts the custom field once i added it.

lOth

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2004, 04:06:37 am »

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm totally new to xml/xsl.

I've played around with this plug-in and I managed to obtain an xml file where items looks like that:

<Item>
    <Field Name="Image File" />
    <Field Name="Album">'If 6 Was 9' A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix</Field>
    <Field Name="Artist">Thin White Rope</Field>
    <Field Name="Date (year)" />
    <Field Name="Filename">(0xACEF32D9):\A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix - If\01 - May This Be Love.mp3</Field>
    <Field Name="Genre">Rock</Field>
    <Field Name="Name">May This Be Love</Field>
    <Field Name="Track #">1</Field>
    <Field Name="Volume Name">MP3 VOL 106</Field>
  </Item>

Now, it looks like this is pretty useless if I want to import the data into another program (it only gets one field for each item). What I need to get in my xml file is something like that:

<Item>
    <Cover></Cover>
    <Album>'If 6 Was 9' A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix</Album>
    <Artist">Thin White Rope</Artist>
    <Date></Date>
    <Location>(0xACEF32D9):\A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix - If\01 - May This Be Love.mp3</Location>
    <Genre>Rock</Genre>
    <Name>May This Be Love</Name>
    <Track>1</Track>
    <Volume>MP3 VOL 106</Volume>
  </Item>

What would be the easiest way to go about that? I seem to understand that I need to apply an xsl transformation, that I need to make an xsl file for that, but I don't know where to start.

Sorry again for the beginner question.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2004, 11:14:08 am »

What would be the easiest way to go about that? I seem to understand that I need to apply an xsl transformation, that I need to make an xsl file for that, but I don't know where to start.

Sorry again for the beginner question.

Yeah...  you'd need to create an XSLT that simply renames the elements.  If you download the preset 10th that I made for you, it should do what you've shown by example.  Unzip it into your MCXML Export directory and you should be good to go.  I think you'll find the .xsl easy enough to modify if you need to add, change, or delete some fields.

Any Qs, let me know.  You can also look at the MCXML Export Configuration Presets webpage for some other presets and a primer on XML.

JONCAT

Re: MC XML Export 1.0.1 released
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2005, 06:13:27 pm »

I'm a little confused. I got by the Disk Location error, but now I get active X request bar at the top (using IE6). The XML sheet in not interactive, I can't expand any or all of the fields...which are genre for me. I am using MC10.150. Am I doing something wrong?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up