INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Additional Changes Needed to Make v10 Hairstyle More Useful  (Read 1360 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Additional Changes Needed to Make v10 Hairstyle More Useful
« on: January 02, 2004, 05:48:32 pm »

I tried playing around with Hairstyle in a recent build and had the following issues. I'm not sure if these are the result of my ignorance or real missing features. Here they are in order of importance to me.

1. When selecting Audio from the HS main menu, I get a list of my view schemes as well as of all of my genres. I understand that in order to eliminate the the genres I need to eliminate all of the column in the view scheme. This seems like a kludge. Why do view schemes in HS behave this way. Note that to the extent that issue 2 is elegantly addressed, I suppose this becomes less of an issue.

2. I don't want to have some of my view schemes show up in Hairstyle. Is there a good way to accomplish this (i.e., other than just putting all those schemes in All Media)? For example, the scheme that shows all my OTR shows is useful for massive tagging changes, but really has no place in HS (I use a view scheme broken down by a tree of categories). Bottom line: I'd really like the ability to specify what view schemes show up in HS and what view schemes show up in MegaMe.

3. Is there a way to have MC launch and go directly to a submenu of HS (with the ability to go down to lower submenus from there but no up to higher submenus) with a command line parameter (or otherwise)? For example, I'd like to be able to launch MC and use it as a menu for playing audio files only sometimes, but other times I'd like to launch it and have it give access to only certain viewscheme's video files.

4. Any way to toggle just between HS and Fullscreen modes without having to go through the Jukebox mode too?

5. Any way to configure visualizations from within HS?

6. Shouldn't Display Options be moved from the Player menu to the View Menu?

7. Shouldn't HS skins appear in the Skin Manager.

None of these are buggy behavior, but (as you had indicated a des HS more useful) hopefully they constitute some useful feedback. I originally posted this in the build 025 thread, but got only limited feedback (from another user) which I have incorporated into this message.

Can you let me know if you plan to implement any of these features/behaviors?

Thanks.

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Additional Changes Needed to Make v10 Hairstyle More Useful
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 06:15:28 pm »

2. I don't want to have some of my view schemes show up in Hairstyle. Is there a good way to accomplish this (i.e., other than just putting all those schemes in All Media)? For example, the scheme that shows all my OTR shows is useful for massive tagging changes, but really has no place in HS (I use a view scheme broken down by a tree of categories). Bottom line: I'd really like the ability to specify what view schemes show up in HS and what view schemes show up in MegaMe.

I agree completely. This coupled with the ability to independantly configure the default view (thumnails vs. lists) for Audio, Video, Images & Playlists would add a great deal to Hairsyle's flexibility.

4. Any way to toggle just between HS and Fullscreen modes without having to go through the Jukebox mode too?

The window shortcut key does this.

- Platu

Griff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 06:16:09 pm »

Menu Key ( Next to Ctrl on lower rt of keyboard)

nila

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 09:49:41 pm »

All VERY good points.

Having the files for VS groups showing as well as the additional groups is tooo confusing and just not at all understandable by me and especially beginners?

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 10:30:04 am »

I am not able to toggle just between HS and Fullscreen modes using the "Windows" key. Instead, that key produces its normal behavior of bringing up the Start menu from the taskbar. Did I misunderstand?

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 10:57:01 am »

This function is not accessed using the windows key but the menu key.  Its next to the windows key on the right hand side of your keyboard (or should be)...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 01:09:57 pm »

This function is not accessed using the windows key but the menu key.  Its next to the windows key on the right hand side of your keyboard (or should be)...

Adam

Doh!
Pages: [1]   Go Up