INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot detect Camera?  (Read 9924 times)

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Cannot detect Camera?
« on: January 04, 2004, 02:12:49 pm »

Hi,

I received at christmas a digital camera, HP PhotoSmart 320. Its the time to try a feature on MC 10 beta that let you transfer your pictures. Like the TV Tuner that have never worked with my tv card (an xtreeme highway with a bt48xx chip), my camera dont work with MC. I clic on select button to select my camera, MC tell me that it cannot detect my digital camera. My camera is plugued and i haved open it. The software included with my camera have detected my camera when i have opened it, but not MC...

Another feature that dont work on my computer. After tv tuner (an error occur like Failed to play TV), this is the digital camera. Ok, my TV tuner is not the best, but i think that HP is not a no name product...??!!
French peoples, visit my portal :
Francophones, visitez mon portail:
www.kingdodo.com

sraymond

Re:Cannot detect Camera?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 02:32:14 pm »

Let me make an informed guess:  When your camera is plugged in, it shows as a local disk, not a removable disk, right?

This is the "fault" of the camera drivers, which use a different model for presenting the device to the OS.  I don't remember the details or the name of the different driver models, but the solution is simply to use the built-in Windows XP WIA driver for your camera.  You should be able to uninstall the existing driver and then choose the new one.

If you need help installing the WIA drivers, I might be able to help.

Scott-

P.S.  Don't feel bad - my Kodak has the same problem.

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 02:39:06 pm »

mmmm this is not my problem... My camera can be detected like a removable disk or camera. I have set Camera in the options. And Windows XP and my HP software detect my camera as well. MC cant detect it...
www.kingdodo.com

Griff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 02:48:42 pm »

And you have also select dr letter under Select?

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 02:56:03 pm »

Look what i do :

1- Plug my camera and open it. My HP software detect my camera, i close it and open MC.

2- in action Window, i click on Camera.

3- In the window, in image source, its Digital Camera.

4- I click on Select button, an error message appear that tell me Media Center cannot detect your digital camera. Please plug your camera and open it. But my camera is pluggued and opened !

I cant do any thing. I receive this error when i click on select...
www.kingdodo.com

sraymond

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2004, 03:52:36 pm »

mmmm this is not my problem... My camera can be detected like a removable disk or camera. I have set Camera in the options. And Windows XP and my HP software detect my camera as well. MC cant detect it...

Edited:  This doesn't read like I meant it.
I'm curious how you know what is *not* your problem if you don't know what *is* your problem.  What driver model does it use?  PTP, USB-MSDC, or WIA?  My understanding is that MC won't work with PTP drivers.

So tell me:   Where does your camera show up in My Computer?  "Hard Disk Drive", "Devices with Removable Storage", or "Scanners and Cameras"?

Have you tried as I suggested and installed the built-in WinXP WIA drivers?

Scott-

LisaRCT

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2004, 04:49:02 pm »

Hi King,

It's OK, it will work.
This is really only a minor difficulty and easily remedied.
I believe Scott knows of what he speaks   ;)

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2004, 07:01:18 pm »

OK

. My HP software detect my camera, i close it and open MC.

Now once you close the HP software. (and befor you open MC)

Does it show up in MY COMPUTER?

Griff

LisaRCT

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2004, 07:03:24 pm »

And have you tried Turning-on & Opening the camera again once MC is loaded?

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2004, 10:46:59 pm »

Ok, i will reply to some questions

Like i said before, my camera can be detected like a removable disk or camera. I have set my camera to be detected like a camera. So, it appear on the Scanners and Cameras.

For the drivers, eeee i dont know what you want to say, how can i know wich drivers my camera use?

If i close the HP software, all stay like the software is open. The camera show on Scanners and Cameras, and MC dont detect it.

I tried to open the camera again once MC was loaded. Nothing work again...

Thanks for your help...
www.kingdodo.com

sraymond

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2004, 10:52:18 pm »

Ok, i will reply to some questions

Like i said before, my camera can be detected like a removable disk or camera. I have set my camera to be detected like a camera. So, it appear on the Scanners and Cameras.

For the drivers, eeee i dont know what you want to say, how can i know wich drivers my camera use?

You can answer that question by doing a little research.   Googling, for instance.

I still suggest that you try using the built-in Windows XP WIA drivers.  Here's a thread that might help:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=10514;start=msg64805#msg64805

Scott-

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2004, 10:54:48 pm »

Shit i need to know more about theses drivers...I will look at your link and search on google. i think my camera use PTP drivers. I haved look on the drivers used by the camera on system properties and it give me the driver : HPptp02.dll
www.kingdodo.com

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2004, 10:58:08 pm »

Mmmm if i read the page of your link, it tell me that WIA will let detect my camera like a Scanners and Cameras and not Removable disk. But if my driver is PTP, why it can be detected like Scanners and Cameras ? ...
www.kingdodo.com

sraymond

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2004, 11:04:33 pm »

Mmmm if i read the page of your link, it tell me that WIA will let detect my camera like a Scanners and Cameras and not Removable disk. But if my driver is PTP, why it can be detected like Scanners and Cameras ? ...

Yeah...  that's the part that has me a bit confused.

But, why not save yourself the pain-and-agony and just install the WinXP built-in WIA driver?  You can always go back, you know.

Scott-

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 11:10:58 pm »

How choose built-in WIA driver?

I tried to change the driver, now when i open the camera, i have my HP software but windows too that give me a window of what i want to do. But if i look the new driver of the camera, it give me ptpusb.dll...
www.kingdodo.com

sraymond

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2004, 11:27:52 pm »

I tried to change the driver, now when i open the camera, i have my HP software but windows too that give me a window of what i want to do. But if i look the new driver of the camera, it give me ptpusb.dll...

You can try doing the following:

The current solution is to use the WIA drivers for the camera.  Windows XP has the appropriate ones built in - you just need to update your driver, choose "install from a list or specific location", "Don't search.  I will choose the driver to install.", and select "Digital Still Camera".  Once this is done, your camera will show up as a "Scanners and Cameras" device because it will be using the WIA drivers instead of the PTP or USB-MSDC.

Scott-

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2004, 11:31:00 pm »

Thats what i did but this is like i said, it have changed the driver i think for a php driver :(
www.kingdodo.com

sraymond

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2004, 11:42:09 pm »

I just looked at mine...  and I have the same .dll, so I think that's OK.  When looking at the device in Device Manager, who is the driver provider?  Microsoft?   And it still doesn't work in MC?

Does something like Adobe Photoshop preface the device with WIA?

Scott-

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2004, 11:45:56 pm »

Doooh... Something have changed now... MC have my hp 320 listed on image source. All work fine, it have downloaded my pictures. The camera dont show the transfer informations like when i transfer with the hp software, but all work.. What i dont understand, it work and i have changed the driver for original drivers of HP...

I will reboot, do some tests with original drivers and another drivers given by microsoft...

Thanks to you...
www.kingdodo.com

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2004, 11:54:44 pm »

Tests good. All work now.

Now, do you have a solution to the Tv tuner problem?  ;D I haved never can listen Tv on MC with my highway xtreeme tv card. It use the bt848xx chip and drivers. I use dscaler software that play my TV very fine.
www.kingdodo.com

sraymond

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2004, 11:55:52 pm »

he camera dont show the transfer informations like when i transfer with the hp software, but all work.

Well, JRiver still has some improvements to make (from my perspective) - and lack of transfer information is at the top of my list.

Glad it's working for you!

Scott-

LisaRCT

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2004, 07:37:02 am »

Tests good. All work now.

Now, do you have a solution to the Tv tuner problem?  ;D I haved never can listen Tv on MC with my highway xtreeme tv card. It use the bt848xx chip and drivers. I use dscaler software that play my TV very fine.

Hi King,
Glad you got your camera working.
I suggest you post the TV tuner question in a seperate thread with the thread title saying that you need TV tuner help. . . . . .  we have someone who is very good with these things on the forum who will surely help if the thread is more noticable.

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2004, 11:48:46 am »

Hi,

I have started some thread about the tv tuner in the past, and no solution have been given for this problem. It seem that Mc haved always problems with the bt848xx chip tv cards and it not have been fixed. I have suggested to use same engine of Dscaler software who use correctly my bt848xx drivers...
www.kingdodo.com

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2004, 12:36:59 pm »

Hi,

I have started some thread about the tv tuner in the past, and no solution have been given for this problem. It seem that Mc haved always problems with the bt848xx chip tv cards and it not have been fixed. I have suggested to use same engine of Dscaler software who use correctly my bt848xx drivers...
The problem is with the driver.  There is an alternate Brooktree driver that should work.  Try a google search.

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2004, 02:05:58 pm »

It seem that Dscaler use its own aimlab driver for my tv card. When i try to use it with my current bt848driver it not work. I have tried some 5 drivers now, no one work great with my tv card. i will try again another driver.

Thanks
www.kingdodo.com

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2004, 11:16:10 pm »

Great news hehe, i have tried many many drivers, and i have tried many things with the Btinstaller 5.3.6.1. It let choose the card and tuner (i have chosen ntsc philips). MC can now tune my tv card. Ok, not with good quality but maybe this is my cable...

Thanks for all
www.kingdodo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up