INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: conversion from v8 to v9  (Read 2073 times)

studentii

• nothing more to say...
conversion from v8 to v9
« on: November 28, 2002, 01:15:15 pm »

Dear Sir

when I used registered user upgrade ( 8-9), initially no problems. I use Audigy in 5.1. Last night Rear Speakers did not mix with MJ9, but did mix with Creative Play Centre. I now use a clone disc that has V8 and rear speakers mix OK, but the rears will not now mix on V9. Do you have any ideas on this.

Kind  Regards
Hilary Petrie
Mount Isa,, Queensland,, Australia ? ?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: conversion from v8 to v9
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2002, 01:26:13 pm »

Control Panel
Sounds And Audio Devices
Volume Tab
Speaker Settings
Advanced

Select Speakers

and anything else you need to set for your setup.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

studentii

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2002, 01:51:10 pm »

Dear King Sparta

Done that!!  don't worry!!  I am a trained Application Programer. My first inference, always, is that I have done something wrong,, but in this case I genuinely cannot see anything I have done incorrectly. I hate to mention this, b-u-t could it be an XP thing. or some system incompatibility to the Creative Mixer. Who knows the particular combination that produces these hiccups. I'll " crack " it eventually
With thanks
Tenderfoot

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2002, 02:08:34 pm »

MJ doesn't directly support 5:1, so the settings you need will be in Windows or in the sound card driver.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2002, 02:08:51 pm »

well i have heard of this with the Live value card and i do not have a "Audigy in 5.1" yet so i can't help much maybe someone who has one has had this same problem knows the fix.

but in the live value if your using the Creative play center there are options in there that set this and i think they try to take control. since i had this problem once i did not load it when i re-installed windows XP
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

studentii

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2002, 01:47:58 pm »

Dear Jim   Good Morning ( saturday a.m. in Aussie )

As I suspected, I had an error with my load. I determined that I had some V8 keys left over in my Registry upon the initial uninstall. I do suspect that this may be a Windows problem. (XP). Once I cleared the Registry the load appeared to be OK except it did not bring forward the standard skin that came with V8, and did not revert to the V9 splash screen design. The media plug-ins wont marry on my Computer because my Windows Media Player is corrupt. I rather suspect that Creative " took over " in my case because Media JukeBox was confused with the " corrupted " reload
( i.e a mixture of V8 and V9 Registry keys ). Now the program is V9 only, all speakers, front and rear have come to life.  

Could I make a suggestion!! if that's OK

I have never been entirely happy with Entertainment Centres. I believe that dedicated programs are far better than all purpose tools. Why not have one program for Audio only, and another entirely separate program for Video only

I have tried most of the major " Players " in the " muso " field. I have no reason to change my opinion that MEDIA JUKEBOX is rapidly becoming the "ROLLS ROYCE " of the range at this price level. Users must realise that installation and use does require some Application Programing expertise.

Kind regards
Tenderfoot

;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up