INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting WAV or APE files in MJ8 lowers notes  (Read 778 times)

vasbinde

• I might be a porcupine.
Converting WAV or APE files in MJ8 lowers notes
« on: February 08, 2004, 04:33:49 pm »

Hi there,

I am using Media Jukebox 8 to convert some WAV files into MP3, OGG and WMA to see which I like the best.  Unfortunately, when I use MJ to convert those files, it lowers the pitch of the song by 1 whole step - it sounds like it has slowed the entire file's tempo down.

However, when I convert the WAV file into APE, it works great and keeps the file at the same pitch and tempo.

I have tried to convert the files with Windows Media Encoder and that works great, so it seems to be a problem with MJ.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?  Thanks!

Best Regards,
Eric

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Converting WAV or APE files in MJ8 lowers notes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 04:58:39 pm »

Sounds like the source Sample Rate was originally 48kHz and the encoded file was re-sampled down to 44.1 kHz (or vice versa...forgot which way). In MJ, highlight the *.wav, right click and select File Properties. The last tab should say File Info (or something to that effect). This will give you the nitty gritties such as Sample Rate / Bit Depth / etc. You may need to use an external encoder and throw a switch.

For example...
DVD audio tracks are generally sampled at 48kHz, and if I want to create an ogg of them after extraction, I must use -r 48000 with oggenc.exe if I want to maintain that rate (otherwise it sounds exactly like what you've described).

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up