INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do I convert music to mp3's  (Read 877 times)

lildee45

• I might be a porcupine.
how do I convert music to mp3's
« on: February 11, 2004, 11:40:08 am »

::)how do I convert music from files on the computer to mp3's? Albums I have are too long to burn on standard cd's. Therefore I would like some help in learning how to change this music so I can convert my cd's to mp3's.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:how do I convert music to mp3's
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 06:23:22 pm »

Could you clarify exactly what you have? (because you say albums first and then CD's later)

The help file included with MJ is very comprehesive and gives you nice step by step instructions on how to do things.

If vinyl...

I take it that they're doubles (like Pink Floyd - Ummagumma) and so won't fit on a 80 min or overburned 90-99 min CD? Just how long are they?

If that's the case then look in the help file for a explanation of the Record Sound function. Once you get the vinyl copied onto your HD as a wav file, you can use the Convert Format function (once again...look in the help file) to change it to mp3, ogg, etc.

If CD's...

Look in the help file for an explanation of Ripping.

10-27

whinco

Re:how do I convert music to mp3's
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 10:26:59 pm »

along that same line, i need to convert .wma files to .mp3 & can't find a way to do it...  when i highlite the .wma files and click on the convert file option under tools, under status it says 'unsupported file format'...  anybody have a fix??...
wh
Pages: [1]   Go Up