INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.69 beta available  (Read 4951 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.69 beta available
« on: February 12, 2004, 04:43:50 pm »

Media Center 10.0.69 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10069.exe

IMPORTANT -- This build includes a reworked handheld system.  Only IPOD and WMDM players currently work.  Tread lightly if handheld support is important to you.

10.0.69 (2/12/04)

1. Fixed: Smartlist search bar was always disabled.

10.0.68 (2/12/04)

1. Fixed: Errors during on the fly conversion of files to portables.
2. Fixed: Rename of tag info on portables.
3. Changed: Rename of tag info will not allow changes to Artist, Album, Genre, Name or Track Number on handhelds.
4. Changed: Handheld transfers require more squish space on large players. (for the database, etc.)
5. Fixed: Smartlists with random track listings did not synchronize with handhelds properly.
6. Fixed: Synchronizing information back from a handheld player could cause playcounts to get bumped twice.
7. Changed: Date sorting no longer sorts new items to the top by default.
8. Changed: Global search bar disables when in smartlist views so it isn't confused with main smartlist search bar.
9. Changed: Edit menu item (F2) disables when a non-editable field is selected.
10. Fixed: When MC would encounter a missing file, it would skip it but not start playing the next file.
11. Fixed: Visualization Studio wouldn't properly update visualizations when making changes.
12. Changed: 2D visualizations use DirectX for drawing by default.
13. Fixed: Better checking is done regarding the type of files being dropped on a CD to be burned.
14. Changed: The previous type of CD burn (audio/data) is remembered for subsequent burn sessions.

10.0.67 (2/11/04)

1. Changed: Portable transfers will notify users of duplicates based on Artist/Album/Name/Genre/Track Number matching.
2. Changed: More robust error reporting for problems during synchronization to iPod.
3. Fixed: Possible errors during initialization for iPod.

10.0.66 (2/10/04)

1. Fixed: iPod database would corrupt if multiple file transfers would fail.
2. Fixed: iPod rebuild database from iPod feature works again.
3. Changed: iPod sync matching includes Track Number.
4. Changed: iPod indexing issues which could have caused bad results.
5. Fixed: WMDM detection of removable type portables.
6. Changed: DirectX video viewer no longer using "windowless" VMR control.
7. Fixed: Screensaver wouldn't always get re-enabled when returning from full screen mode.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dragyn

Re:Media Center 10.0.69 beta available
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 07:42:43 pm »

Why is it when you search a playlist to remove a song, it removes them all?

This has happened more than once and now I just lost all my songs!

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 11:08:17 pm »

Audio CD playback pauses in the middle of songs while MC10 is buffering.

cattani

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Come to Black Sea !!! Constanta !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 06:45:30 am »

Custom sorting files in the PLAYING NOW view doesn`t work. It work only in the audio library mode.
Fii optimist si asteapta imposibilul !!!

Rien van Ham

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 11:44:34 am »

Hello,

Today trying the new build:
- strange error when changing the rating of an Ipod-file (other columns are now protected?);
- The column "Seq" (Show queued files only) starts with 0 insted of 1;

Kind regards,
Rien van Ham

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 01:09:29 pm »

Couple of things:

1.  MC is not deleting empty folders after Rename Files from Properties. I looked and saw that there is a file called "_msl.db" in there. This is annoying.

2.  It really took me awhile to figure out how to see more tags in the Tag Info box. Not even sure I can tell you what I did that finally had the auxiliary info show up. This used to be called "Extended" and was found by clicking on the left corner of the Tag Info box. Can this be made clearer again?

Oh, I just remembered what I did and it doesn't make sense. I clicked on "Columns to Show" on the left hand corner and then "Show All" -- but it did NOT change the columns showing, it just made all the extended fields appear below the "Visible Columns" section in the Tag Info box. That was what I wanted, but it is not what MC said it would do.

3.  Also, previously, if I clicked File Properties in the Action Window, then Tag Info, when I closed the Tag Info box, I was taken back to File Properties. Now I'm taken all the way back to the main Action Window. This is confusing and means I have to do a million clicks or do things in the right order in order to do editing work on my files. Particularly when I am ripping new stuff, I use Tag Info, Images, sometimes Playlists, etc. all on the same set of files until they are complete. Now I think I'd go crazy with this new system.

DJMUK

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 01:24:57 pm »

Couple of things:

1.  MC is not deleting empty folders after Rename Files from Properties. I looked and saw that there is a file called "_msl.db" in there. This is annoying.

I don't think this file is anything to do with MC.  Do you have a Linksys Media Adapter?  I have one and it creates this file in each folder.  It also creates, in the top level folder, a file "_Msl.lock".

If you delete these files they are created next time you restart your PC.  It certainly is a pain as it also fouls up backup software unless you specifically exclude them.

David

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 01:30:17 pm »

Hmmph. Well, I didn't really think that file was from MC, but I knew someone would know what it was. Yes, I do have the Linksys Media Adapter.

Well, luckily for me, I did all my massive editing before I installed that, so now it's just another small manual thing I have to do.

Thanks.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 02:59:09 pm »

One more broken thing:

"Use Assorted" for Multiple Artists on Rename file from Properties is not working. I select all the songs in an album, all with different artists, same album name, but when I Rename, with this box checked, it does not put them in the Assorted folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up