INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minor Bugs (with DSP & High sampled MP3's)  (Read 590 times)

Laffer

• Junior Woodchuck
Minor Bugs (with DSP & High sampled MP3's)
« on: February 25, 2004, 09:39:43 pm »

Yo J River (Jim H & crew)
I am using 9.1.313.  I have just recently noticed a few small bugs that may persist in the V10 codebase (no show stoppers but worth looking at when you have the time).

Having a different sample rate MP3 (ie 48Khz) buggers up the the analize audio - Replay gain appears to be ok, BPM calcs are way off and the progress percentage goes to 110 - 115 %.

If you have the DSP set to force 48Khz output, it randomly (and infrequently) does not obey crossfade settings.  This happens if 48Khz mp3's are present or not.

I am in the process of re-sampling all my 48Khz MP3's to avoid these problems - which is a pretty long winded process.  Is there any chance this functionality could be added to MC (force 44.1Khz)?

Media convert appears to apply different values than CD Rip....  If I rip a CD with my settings, (VBR High Quality, High Speed) I usually get an average bit rate 200+  If I use media convert with the same settings I get an average bit rate of around 150?!  Go figure!  (I now force a 256CBR bit rate when converting media, predominantly .WAV pcm files to keep quality up)

Lastly (yes I know I am a pain in the backside....)
If there is any chance of crossfades for videos - that functionality would be much appreciated!

Laffer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up