INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Media Radio Station URLs???  (Read 879 times)

blafarm

• Junior Woodchuck
Web Media Radio Station URLs???
« on: March 09, 2004, 11:05:55 pm »

Can someone please tell me where the Web Media Radio Station URLs are stored in MC9 or MC10 afer one has "Added A Station" to the "My Station" list. I need to copy them to another application and I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks much.

pat1066

• World Citizen
Re:Web Media Radio Station URLs???
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 03:06:15 am »

The one-by-one clumsy way would to be to copy the URL from "filename" field  (eg in action window) when station is selected.
Pat
Pat.

blafarm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 11:08:33 am »

Thanks for the suggestion but when listening to say, Trance, which is in the featured station list, I get a filename of:

http://205.188.234.68:8006/~~~stream~~~.mp3

When I plug that address into a browser I get an invalid resource error message. The same goes for other stations I have experimented with. I think that MC uses "~" to represent characters that are critical to the url and I don't know how to get the original url from the program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pat1066

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 09:00:48 pm »

Yes, my suggestion only works with very few of the ones that I have saved (dragged) to a playlist. Sorry!
It all gets a bit messy but I find most .mp3 URLs will work if you just remove the /~~~stream~~~ bit.
I then paste the cleaned URL into Media Player Classic (presumably a realplayer would work as well)
The .ram stations seem not to get the /~~~stream~~~ bit and copy and mostly play OK in Classic.
Some .wma/.wmv stations can be copied from, but not played in, MC. again they seem to not get the /~~~stream~~~ bit.
(The filename extensions are as shown in MC which, I think, can be inconsistent ) Sometimes WMP plays them?
Pat
Pat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up