INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make changes to your database remotely?  (Read 726 times)

benrad

Make changes to your database remotely?
« on: March 30, 2004, 11:31:49 pm »

Is it possible, while accessing another system on your network running the Media Server, to make changes (tags, create playlists, rate songs) to that system's database? It seems as if whenever I rate any songs, they don't stick. This leads me to believe the database is read-only when being accessed via the Media Server.
Is dis da troof?

np - My Bloody Valentine - "Feed Me with Your Kiss"

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Re:Make changes to your database remotely?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:10:01 am »

I believe this is the case - if so, perhaps there should be some kind of message warning about it when you make changes that won't be kept. A friend of mine happily built a long playlist on a client machine, and was disappointed when it wasn't saved, with no warning.

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Re:Make changes to your database remotely?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 03:35:06 am »

This is most definately the case, unfortunately.

I'm hoping that they will add this feature (multi-client database) in version 11. Some of us have been keen on this for awhile.

PLEASE Mr Gateley/JRiver!!!.

I also find it irritating that when you put a client in Party Mode, it also apparently allows you to make changes, even though it doesn't save anything to the Server database. I think it would make more sense if it just popped up a dialog window which said "Hey - You're in Party Mode - No Changes Allowed!"

Some of my friends have become alarmed thinking that they've trashed my database, when in fact no damage was done. And I hate alarming my friends 8-)
Cheers
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up