INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated Dreamstate, Cover Spectrum vis's  (Read 2930 times)

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Updated Dreamstate, Cover Spectrum vis's
« on: April 10, 2004, 12:00:21 am »

I thought I'd contribute a little to the community and provide a couple of enhanced visualizations for everyone.  

Credit for Dreamstate goes to whomever originally created it for JRiver - however I found a few areas to tweak so that information pulled down from Lyrics Finder, Bios Finder, aTagger, etc. could be put to good use:

1) Made the bios field wider on the general page and generally moved a couple of things around
2) Added Album Rating, Style(s) and Mood(s) fields.  If you use aTagger this works great - make sure to create custom tags called "Album Rating" and "Styles" to go along with the pre-existing "Mood" field, and configure aTagger accordingly.
3) Changed Notes to Album Review.  Again, it's great with aTagger if you create a new custom tag called "Review" and configure aTagger accordingly.

You can get it here: ftp.generationsvp.com/dreamstateplus.zip.  UnZip into your track info folder.

Here are a couple of screenies:
-removed-

Second, I created a visualization that combines cover art, a spectrum analyzer, song info and scrolling lyrics in a way that works, for the most part.  There are a few quirks but I'm satisfied.  The screenshot is fifty times larger than the actual vis, so if you want to see it just download it.  :)  ftp.generationsvp.com/cover spectrum 2.mjv

Enjoy!

I should add, these are sized for an 800x600 screen.  If you are running differently, you may want to adjust widths and such using Frontpage or whatever.

-Doug

pipsqueak

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
Re:Updated Dreamstate, Cover Spectrum vis's
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 08:14:47 pm »

DougHamm

thanks for this. i used to use dreamstate a lot, but switched to the multi-info plugin after using alan's atagger to get all the mood/genre/album info. at least i can use this again now.

it works well, although i have album reviews mapped to 'comment' [so i can see them in multi-info] which results in the text overlapping with the bios.

in not sure if there is a simple solution to get both vis's to work with all the tag data. still woking on it... any ideas?

thanks
pip

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 10:05:18 pm »

DougHamm

thanks for this. i used to use dreamstate a lot, but switched to the multi-info plugin after using alan's atagger to get all the mood/genre/album info. at least i can use this again now.

it works well, although i have album reviews mapped to 'comment' [so i can see them in multi-info] which results in the text overlapping with the bios.

in not sure if there is a simple solution to get both vis's to work with all the tag data. still woking on it... any ideas?

thanks
pip

Hey!  Glad you like it.  I updated some frames on the general page today to make things flow a little nicer between comments and bios, and also to make the cover art a little bigger.  Anyone who wants to might like to download the updated version from the same link above.

And, while I was at it I made a custom index2.html and notes2.html for you Pipsqueak.  Copy them over top of the existing index.html and notes.html, and you'll find versions that map the comment tag to Album Review, and remove comment from the main page.  Enjoy!

-Doug

pipsqueak

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 10:47:53 pm »

we're not worthy...

this is one of those time i wish i could write BIGGER. thanks a million.

pip

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 09:54:10 am »

Hi - I love this track info page - is there anyway to exchange the bios and lyrics info on the main page - I would rather display the lyrics.  I would do this myself but don't have a clue how to.  If you can give me simple explanations I am willing to try to change it.  Thanks in advance.

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 08:22:42 pm »

Hi - I love this track info page - is there anyway to exchange the bios and lyrics info on the main page - I would rather display the lyrics.  I would do this myself but don't have a clue how to.  If you can give me simple explanations I am willing to try to change it.  Thanks in advance.

Here you go!  Just download and overwrite the files in the trackinfo directory with these:

ftp.generationsvp.com/LyricsMainPage.zip

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 02:54:52 pm »

Perfect! Thanks for your effort in changing this.

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 09:59:46 pm »

Howdy all,

Thanks to aTagger's ongoing development, I've been putting some work into DreamstatePlus.  Have a look at these screenshots:

It's optimised for fullscreen 800x600 (my TV) but at higher resolutions it looks decent fullscreen or even windowed.  You can grab it from the link at the top of this thread.  Enjoy!

P.S. It'll be a little more time consuming now to customize the skin for people, but you may get your intended results simply by playing around within the .html files by editing them in notepad.  You can very easily customize the tags this way.

Take care,

-Doug

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 12:41:31 am »

Hey Doug - Great work - just out of curiousity - is there anyway to get the lyrics (or bios) to scroll automatically?

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 12:59:31 pm »

Hey Doug - Great work - just out of curiousity - is there anyway to get the lyrics (or bios) to scroll automatically?

I'm not proficient enough in advanced web design to say yes to that; maybe something with javascript would fit the bill but I don't know.  For scrolling lyrics I've simply been using the visualization I created (link at the top of this thread) which shows a big cover art, scrolling lyrics, and song/artist.

-Doug

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 01:23:55 pm »

I'm not proficient enough in advanced web design to say yes to that; maybe something with javascript would fit the bill but I don't know.  For scrolling lyrics I've simply been using the visualization I created (link at the top of this thread) which shows a big cover art, scrolling lyrics, and song/artist.

Edit: I suppose it'd be possible to add a visualization window, which could display a visualization that's simply scrolling lyrics.  Hmmm...

-Doug
Pages: [1]   Go Up