INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View navigation request  (Read 844 times)

dedidio

• Junior Woodchuck
Theatre View navigation request
« on: April 14, 2004, 07:45:23 am »

Can 2 modes of navigating theatre view be implemented with an option to select which mode you want to use.

Have one mode as it is now
Another mode which uses enter to move into the hierachy tree and backspace to move out the hierachy tree.  Left and right could then be reserved for moving between the buttons on the left and the tree on the right.

Anybody else got thoughts on this?  Currently no-one but me can use my HTPC because it is unintuitive for them - everyone expects enter (or tick as it is on my remote) to move into the tree and no-one ever figures out that moving left beyond the buttons moves back up the tree.
http://www.theindependentstate.co.uk - Where everyone is as bored as you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Theatre View navigation request
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 08:19:20 am »

We won't add another mode to Theater View.  You can reprogram your remote to use different keys.  Girder is another possibility.

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Theatre View navigation request
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 08:42:42 am »

We won't add another mode to Theater View.  You can reprogram your remote to use different keys.  Girder is another possibility.
accepted.

But i do not see the sense of the arrow keys "up" and "down" on the screen. I think they should be used when you have a touch-screen or only mouse access (without keyboard). But then you could use the keys on the left side directly. I would prefer the function "Page-Up" and "Page-Down" for theese keys. Is this possible ?

Uwe
Pages: [1]   Go Up