INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best 2.1 PC speakers?  (Read 16334 times)

ipodman

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Best 2.1 PC speakers?
« on: April 15, 2004, 02:14:07 pm »

hi MC is great we all know that.  But with great PC speakers, MC is unstoppable!!!

Any recommendations for good PC speakers?  I cant do surround sound so am looking for the best 2.1 speakers I can find
JBL?

thanks

paulr

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re:OT- Best 2.1 PC speakers?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 02:20:56 pm »

Well, I don't know who is selling what these days, but I really like what I have:

Boston Acoustic Digital BA7500.

It's a 4.1 system, but you don't need to even hook up the rear speakers.  In fact, mine are silent (about 95% of the time) unless I am watching a movie on my PC.

Sound quality on these is superb, for computer speakers anyway. :)

I bought them 2 or 3 years ago, so I doubt these are still made, but Boston Acoustic, in general, can be trusted.

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 03:10:59 pm »

ipodman

i used to use creative itrigue's 2.1 speakers which were good for the money (cool silverish grey also) ($130). Klipsch do very very nice pc speakers (up to 5.1) but they cost more ($400). but if you want the best money can buy you would do better buying an external amplifier and connecting MC to it digitally (optical toslink or coaxial) and investing in a normal set of stereo speakers (i use JBL towers now).

also why are you limited to stereo? you know you can pump stereo out across more speakers. i currently have 5.1 and use 6-channel stereo mode on the amp which is great (i then switch to something more focussed when im sitting by the TV).

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 03:38:05 pm »

In terms of bang for the buck, hard to beat the Yamaha YST-MS50 2.1s if on sale, they usually sells for $110-$150, but I got a couple sets from buy.com a while back for around $60 (buy.com doesn't have any right now).

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 03:45:21 pm »

I use Videologic Sirocco Pro - bought a few years ago at hideous expense but superb sound. Almost up to good near field monitor standard. Don't think they're made now sadly. I suspect they were too pricey to sell.

John

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 04:46:36 pm »

If you only want good speakers I can't help, but if you want great speakers check out Altec 621"s!  Awesome sound (associated with Altec & JBL).  With 150 watts RMS it does quite well.
. . . the game is rigged

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 05:25:04 pm »

Klipsch 2.1 hands down the best 2.1 PC speakers the price is around$ 125 . at comp usa. I use klipsch 5.1 and the sound is great

BadDog

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 04:49:30 pm »

I only have experience with the Lansing Altec. The 621's are great.

0jb

• Change this by choosing profile
Re:Best 2.1 PC speakers?
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 01:08:19 pm »

Hello Peeps,,,well as far as speakers go,, its a matter of personal prefrence. If you have no size constraints,,as in they must fit on the desktop??

A liittle history on myself,,,I am an aging guitar player that has set up stage gear for over 20 years,,to play live and loud. With my wild days mostly behind me,, I discoverd windows and intel about 6 years ago. Now I work and somtimes DJ on a browser based radio chat page.

I'm a tinker when comes to sound,,,now mind you,, I mostly listen to music 99% of the time.I love classic rock,,so the 2 channel sound field is how most of  it was recorded.

I had a SB live 5.1 sound card,,, The best sound for the money that I have heard. But my current set up is a P4
Asus mb,,with Yamaha SoundMax onboard sound,,
hooked up to an old Onkyo slimeline amp
feeding 2 old Realistic T100 40inch towers,, each with 2 8" woofers a tweeter. And also a realistic 12" non-powerd sub behind the desk.

I bought the Onkyo and sub woofer off ebay at less than $80 shipping included.The towers I picked up at at a pawn shop for $20,, which i rebuilt with parts from partsexpress.com for another $20.

I have tried all the DJ software I could get my hands on. As always software is a matter of choice as they all have different sound qualitys.

I must say JRiver media center is the most elaborate all around ,, soild as a rock application that I haved used. And the sound quality rocks as well.

Keep on a Rockin,,,JRiver

ph_bradley

• World Citizen
  • Shagadelic Baby!!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 10:48:16 am »

klipsch promedia
Welcome to flipmode

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2004, 01:47:23 pm »

I just picked up the Creative I-Trigue 3300 2.1 system yesterday for $79 on sale.  I like it quite a bit for my office computer.  It seems like very good value and doesn't take up much desk space.  My other computer's are connected digitally to my home audio systems which have bigger speakers.

Chris

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Best 2.1 PC speakers?
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 10:20:59 pm »

Anyone have experience with Edirol active monitors?  I'm thinking about picking up a pair of these: http://www.edirol.com/products/info/ma10d.html
I've found them for $100 to $130.  I want them for music at the PC only and am curious how they compare to "PC speakers" in the same price range.  I'm not concerned about the lack of a subwoofer.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 03:36:19 pm »

Do a google search (or Ebay) for the Event Electronics TRIA Monitor Speaker System. You should be able to find these pretty cheap now.

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 02:48:09 pm »

I ended up getting a pair of Swans 2.0 speakers: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=36-136-102&depa=0
They are really phenomenal speakers.  A major upgrade over my previouw Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 set-up.  They lack the punch of the Klipsch's subwoofer but the rest of the audio spectrum is so wonderful with the Swans that I don't miss it.

rovingeyes

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 08:58:09 pm »

Consider this:

- If money is really not a consideration or you just found some $350 lying around
- You have a decent sound card,  at least Audigy
- You are not allergic to headphones

Give Sennheisers a try. About  2 years ago I was looking for a 2.1 speakers for my computer but came across a Sennheiser HD600 at my friends house. Boy they rock!!! I never even knew that there were other instruments in some of my favorite songs. The sound is rich and colorful. One problem with them is that I did not like them too much with hard rock songs, but on techno, trance and orchestra type music you can't beat them. And I have them on for hours together and never even feel them.

The good thing about them is that you won't disturb anybody but will feel like you are in a movie theater.
Pages: [1]   Go Up