INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AAC Playback?  (Read 936 times)

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
AAC Playback?
« on: April 19, 2004, 05:32:40 pm »

Hey all,

On my Pentium III computer with 512MB of RAM when I play a song purchased from iTunes it plays OK.  However, if I try to do any multitasking (or even scrolling through my media and their album covers) the song usually skips.  If I try to go to Mini-Me mode the audio is usually lost unless I stop the song and start it again.

Is this usual for my speed of computer (I know, it's kinda slow and I want to get a new PC soon, but I need money first) or do I have something set up wrong?  Anyone getting better performance?

And speaking of money, if you JRiver folks are looking for new hires, I'm looking for someplace in the Twin Cities to work, so there may be something for both of us.  ;-)

Dan "da Man"

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:AAC Playback?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 09:31:45 am »

Dan,

We use QuickTime to playback AAC. For testing, you could play a file directly in QuickTime and see if you can replicate the skipping. If you can, there is not much we can do.

Steve

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 09:35:05 am »

Thanks Steve, I'll try that.  I played it in iTunes and it works very nice.

Dan

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 04:08:55 pm »

Steve,

I'm playing it in QuickTime right now and it did not skip at all.  I did the same things that make it skip in MC and MC skips and QT does not.

However, I suppose, it could be still related to the slowness of my computer somehow.  It's not a huge deal for me if it doesn't work perfectly.  If you want any more info from me about troubleshooting it, feel free to contact me.

Dan "da Man"
Pages: [1]   Go Up