INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.122 Available  (Read 13742 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.122 Available
« on: April 23, 2004, 04:08:24 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100122.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.122 (4/23/04)

1. Changed: Creating missing thumbnails creates all thumnbnail sizes. (so Theater View's larger thumbs get built as well)
2. Changed: Added a confirmation to the "Build Thumbnails..." button.
3. Changed: Interface plug-ins now will be loaded after MC finishes loading main frame and all the main windows.
4. Fixed: The DownloadToFile method in IMJInternetAutomation did not work correctly.

10.0.121 (4/23/04)

1. Fixed: Tree & View options wouldn't properly save changes. (if you installed 120, please go through and hand check your tree & view settings)
3. Fixed: MP3 encoder was not working correctly with international characters and too many dots in a file name.
4. Fixed: MC tree will update when plugins are removed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Re:Media Center 10.0.122 Available
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 08:32:20 pm »

Starting a few builds back, MC would take 10 seconds to play, or to do anything when it was started.
This version starts quickly again. Thanks!

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 08:35:52 pm »

3. Fixed: MP3 encoder was not working correctly with international characters and too many dots in a file name.

Sorry Matt, Still not working.
-

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 10:23:41 pm »

Windows context menu key seems to work now in Playing Now but shift-F10 still doesn't call up the context menu.

In Media Library, neither Windows context menu key nor Shift-F10 brings up context menu but right-click does (this is true in all windows in Media Library).
Shortie

@l@n

• World Citizen
  • bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 11:05:33 pm »

4. Fixed: The DownloadToFile method in IMJInternetAutomation did not work correctly.

Verified to work correctly.  

Thanks!!!
Download the aLyrics plug-in at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz

@l@n

• World Citizen
  • bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 11:41:22 pm »

3. Changed: Interface plug-ins now will be loaded after MC finishes loading main frame and all the main windows.

I'm not sure that this one is working 100% just yet.

If I try to display a MessageBox when the plug-in starts (e.g., to report an error condition), the MessageBox is displayed beneath ALL opened windows (and the speaker beeps).  You need to manually minimize all open windows before you are able to see the MessageBox.  This is not very user friendly.

[EDIT: I went back to an older version (prior to the "fix") -- v10.0.116 behaves exactly the same as v10.0.122 (i.e., the MessageBox appears beneath all open windows giving the appearance that MC has died).]

I did figure out a workaround -- if the Automation API ShowProgram(1) is used BEFORE the MessageBox, the MessageBox is displayed on top of all open windows; however it is opened in the top left of the monitor (rather than in the center of the screen like normal).

I'm using C# in a .Net environment so I also tried converting the HWND (from GetWindowHandle API) to a IWin32Window which is passed as the first parm to MessageBox (and tells MessageBox to display in front of the specified object) but the results were exactly the same as above (the MessageBox was beneath all windows unless the ShowProgram API was used).
Download the aLyrics plug-in at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 02:13:21 am »

Doesn't C# have access to the MB_SYSTEMMODAL MessageBox flag?

That will make sure it's above everything else.

If not then just cheat.

Create your own message box dialog (which is always a good idea anyway as you can then do cool stuff like provide tracebacks, have a send email button, etc) and bump it to the top of the Z order.

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 04:24:03 am »

Please have a quick look at this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=20946

Just need to know if it's the correct behaviour for MC.

Thanks, Scott.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 05:44:16 am »

Rewind (ctrl left arrow) does not play samples correctly.  Rather than playing a short sample from each new point in the track, it simply repeats one sample over and over, creating a "broken record" effect.  Fast Forward (ctrl right arrow) plays samples correctly until you use REW for the first time, at which point it too begins to repeat one sample over and over as well.  You need to stop and start the track again to get FF to once again play samples correctly, but it once again breaks if you use REW again.

This behavior changes slightly depending on the playback output mode, but it still doesn't work correctly.  Direct Sound results in the behavior described above.  Using Wave Out results in NO playback during FF/REW after the first time you use REW.

Larry

Sauzee

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 11:43:01 am »

Get Artist info isn't working correctly

e.g. when searching for  Cross Canadian Ragweed , can't find anything as it is searching for CROSS&20CANADIAN&20RAGWEED

ph_bradley

• World Citizen
  • Shagadelic Baby!!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 02:32:22 pm »

%20 is the html code for a space, so i assume you got this from the URL? if so, dont worry, the only reason it isnt fionding anything is because nobody has ever heard of that band.
Welcome to flipmode

Sauzee

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 06:28:32 pm »

%20 is the html code for a space, so i assume you got this from the URL? if so, dont worry, the only reason it isnt fionding anything is because nobody has ever heard of that band.

OK but, it definitely isn't working sometimes.  Perhaps it's the AMG site. Here's another example [this is text copied from actual AMG site after clicking find artist info with MC;

artists with names like: GILLIAN&20WELCH [note there is not a % before the 20]

I'm getting this a lot with this build. Wasn't an issue previously.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 08:26:40 pm »

I think AMG must have reorganised their search engine. If you look at the actual URL that's being fetched, it's something like
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?P=amg&sql=Lemon%20Jelly&opt1=1
which is correct.

1. Changed: Creating missing thumbnails creates all thumnbnail sizes. (so Theater View's larger thumbs get built as well)
Excellent work guys. This feature will save me hours next time I have to rebuild my library.

BUG: Theatre view ignores non alphabetic album sorting. My sorting goes
Artist
Date(Year)
Album
Track #
So selecting an artist and pressing return in Mega-Me plays all their albums in chronological order.
Selecting the same artist in Theatre View and pressing Space plays the albums in alphabetical order. This happens even if I put a Year level in before Album.

BUG: Vis Studio - Cover art doesn't always change if OnEquation is set to something complicated. See this thread
This bug has existed since 8.0. Since I can't have a static image on my plasma (burn-in), and I can't animate cover art around the screen, I can't use cover art at all in my visualisations. Is there any chance of getting this fixed?

BUG: If I open a SWF file as a URL e.g.
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/comics/pie.swf
it plays OK in MC, using Realplayer apparently. If I download the same SWF for offline play or faster loading, it plays fine in Real or IE but MC won't import or play it.

BUG: Also, aspect ratio control doesn't work for some Divx AVI's. This one for example
http://www.fen-net.de/walter.preiss/speedivx/glas2.avi
I'm playing back with the latest Divx 5.11 codec

BUG: AVI's with subtitles applied by DirectVobSub don't have thumbnails generated for them.
To demonstrate this, download the above glas2.avi. Then download this file
http://www.cjdshaw.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mj/glas2.srt
and put it in the same directory. You'll need to install DirectVobSub, part of this package
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/vobsub.html
If you then import glas2.avi, it should play with a subtitle, but won't have a thumbnail in MC.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2004, 09:53:55 pm »

BUG: AVI's with subtitles applied by DirectVobSub don't have thumbnails generated for them.
I tried those "glas2" files with DirectVobSub v.2.33 (3/2004). No problem here with subs and thumbs. Works also with long movies.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2004, 11:33:26 pm »

SteveG,

Trying to sync my iHP-140 results in MC crashing. Tried it twice and it happened twice. In the icon bar in XP on the far right side are now three MC icons.

MarSies .....

Media Center Registered 10.0.122 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2804 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 178 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive G:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Y: PLEXTOR CD-R   PREMIUM    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Z: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-504A    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2004, 03:09:45 am »

Progress bar on Mimi-me view doesn't move - stays at 0.00 during play. When you click to move to the next track the elapsed time is shown very briefly.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2004, 08:00:27 am »

I tried those "glas2" files with DirectVobSub v.2.33 (3/2004). No problem here with subs and thumbs. Works also with long movies.

Hmm. Must be something about my setup. I'll try uninstalling VobSub and installing just the 2.33 filter. Thanks.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
[Random] in Smartlist fails
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2004, 03:46:19 pm »

Every build of MC10 crashes when selecting a large smartlist with [Random] modifier.

I created a new Smartlist with 35000 images.  Everything worked as expected until I added the [Random] sorting. Now Everytime i select this Playlist, MC hangs.
This also happens with Smartlists imported from MC9 Databases.

SteveG

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2004, 04:02:42 pm »

MarSies,

When does it crash? Do the files start to transfer or is the crash immediate? If immediately, there is a problem with a file. Try starting the sync with a smaller subset of files and try to narrow this down some if you can.

Thanks,

Steve

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2004, 04:38:14 pm »

OK but, it definitely isn't working sometimes.  Perhaps it's the AMG site. Here's another example [this is text copied from actual AMG site after clicking find artist info with MC;

artists with names like: GILLIAN&20WELCH [note there is not a % before the 20]

I'm getting this a lot with this build. Wasn't an issue previously.
Yep. Definitely a problem. I'm getting a ton of failed searches for bands that are actually in the database.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2004, 11:31:29 pm »

-- When using visualizations with MiniMe, sometimes the visualization window will pop to the front of other active windows (not the whole MiniMe, and not the border, just the visualization itself.

-- Handheld Player should be present in the Action Window when in Images Media Mode (now that transfer of images to handhelds is supported).

-- Should be able to customize different views in the Tag Info window for different Media Modes. The tags I want to see when editing photos are different from those I want to see when editing music. I suspect I am not alone.

-- When looking at files using Drives and Devices is there a way to import selected files into the library? I didn't see one.

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2004, 01:25:56 am »

A few possible bugs:

1.  Since MC 10.0.120 and Zen plugin 9.0.45, MC crashes immediately when sending files to my Creative Nomad Zen.

2.  MC crashes everytime I shut it down.

3.  Rip Progress indicator does not reset for each file being ripped.

4.  When ripping a CD, the status column will not autosize to include percentage ripped.  I have the Autosize columns checked under Options\tree & view\list.

Thanks.

Brian Palmer

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2, v.2096 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1911 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 246 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2096 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rc1.040311-2315) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2096 (xpsp_sp2_rc1.040311-2315) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2096 (xpsp_sp2_rc1.040311-2315) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:         DVD/CDRW RW9200   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F:          DVD/CDRW RW9200    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2004, 06:52:30 am »

Problem writing to external (Firewire) Mac-formatted drive.

I share 3 firewire drives between my PC and Mac; they are Mac formatted and on the PC I run MacDrive to access them. In MC 9.1 I could rip to them no problem, but with MC 10 I get the message:

Failed to update the following file:

(file name)

This can happen when the files are missing, in use, read-only, or corrupt.

The file name ends up looking something like: 01_-_T~1.MP3

The MP3 has actually been ripped properly and all tag info inserted. Only the file name is bad.

This also happens when I try to add images to an MP3 already on this disk - the image is added properly but the file name is hacked.

The problem only happens when writing to these drives. I don't know how long it's been a problem because I haven't done any ripping in a while, but I do know it was not a problem with 9.1 . I realize it's not going to affect many people but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

jsweet

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2004, 07:20:14 am »

I've loaded 10.0.122 and still can not use the Normalize before encoding. I've tryed it on 3 PC's and the two that are running 1.0ghz processors or higher will stop processing after the first track. The Status stays at Encoding and will never finish. The progress bar shows completed with 13.1x on one PC and on the other PC ist shows the same except it show 16.1 next to the progress bar. On the third PC which is a 200mhz it works but very slow.

The above problem is when I when encoding to Windows Media, MP3 seems to work fine.

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2004, 09:01:03 am »

I have three potential bugs with MC10 (v118 currently).

Issue 1: Crash when using theater view.  Three times in the last couple of days, MC has crashed when I switch from standard view to "Now Playing" in theater view.  The audio will switch to a loud grinding noise followed by MC crashing.  I've never had anything crash during standard playback or fullscreen view.

Issue 2: Possible memory leak on remote machine when using Media Server.  I have a fairly large library (220 gig of WMA lossless files).  Yesterday, I had some people over, so I setup a laptop connected to a set of amplified speakers as a way to get some music to another room.  I connected the laptop to the remote machine via the Media Server.  Everything worked just fine, but after several hours the laptop stopped playing.  It complained that it was out of disk space.  MC had used up over 2 gig during playback!  After deleting temp files and rebooting, I was able to get all the space back.

Issue 3: A way to stop power settings from shutting down the system.  I sometimes like to setup my system to just play random songs for a long time.  Unfortunately, if I have any power settings configured on my system to put the machine in standby after an hour or two, I can't do that.  Even with MC playing, the machine will shutdown unless I remember to go back and do something on the machine every once in a while.

I haven't upgraded to 122 yet, but I haven't seen these issues listed either.

My setup:

Win XP Pro SP1
MC 10.0.118
ATI 9600
M-Audio AP2496
512 Meg RAM
Intel P4 2.8Gig
Intel MB D865PERL

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
Re:Media Center 10.0.122 - BUG
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2004, 11:40:52 am »

BUG #1: Have several songs in the "Playing Now" and select "Artist Info" current artist is displayed correctly.  Select Next (song) from button and next song starts.  Press the "Refresh" button (F5) on the "Artist Info" and the previous Artist Info is displayed and not the current.  Only by selecting "Playing Now" and then selecting back to "Artist Info" will perform the update.

BUG #2: In all List Views (i.e., Playlists-->Top Hitts) if you scroll down (using the mouse and the scroll bar) quickly the new list items are displayed twice; first at the wrong height (and other attributes causing more items to be painted than the final result) and then a second update formatted correctly occurs.  The second update occurs quickly but nevertheless the information is being updated twice.
------------

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3062 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 586 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

SteveG

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2004, 12:12:22 pm »

DWAnderson,

The change to make portables available in the AW in Image mode may be added in the future.

In regards to the import of select files, you can import all files from a specific directory into MC. For specific files, you can drag and drop them from 'My Computer' under Drives and Devices but not directly from the drive letter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up