INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a smart lists of one 5 star album??  (Read 1212 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
a smart lists of one 5 star album??
« on: May 10, 2004, 05:10:17 am »

hi guys!

i dont know if anyone ever asked this but is it possible to rate an album (not a song) with the 5 star system? if not is there a plugin that does? the thing is that i want to have a smartlist that will give me a album that is either 4 or 5 rating (if rating it is possible) that will each time be randomly selected , is there a way to do it or a plugin or some very "smart " smartlist that does it? thx alot in advance

Zeltak  :)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re:a smart lists of one 5 star album??
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 07:46:18 am »

i would like to have the ability to do this..but not found a suitable way. Smartlists are out as they cant do averaging of numeric fields.

Either
- someone cooks up a plugin that will avg the individual track scores and insert them into a custom field called Album Rating. Skipping the album if it not completely rated. Hint ;) for King (i reckon it would be easy for him (judging from the excellent MD5master) ,

..whether he wants to....is another matter)

- JRiver offers new functionality to avg the individual track rating so that it can be displayed overall for albums.

I think the first possiblity might be easier to achieve. Then again, you never know ppl have asked for Album replay gain for a long time so they just might slip the album score thing in too (if we're lucky)

jleerigby

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 07:52:20 am »

Forgetting things like calculating averages of individual tracks, if all you want to do is manually rate the complete album you could do this by creating your own custom field (e.g. Album Rating) and allocate the rating to all tracks on the album.  

Make sure that you create the field as an 'integer' type.  Then you can create a smart list that will find a random track of a particular album rating and produce all tracks on the album (using the limit modifier for 1 track along with the full album modifier).

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 08:15:49 am »

Forgetting things like calculating averages of individual tracks, if all you want to do is manually rate the complete album you could do this by creating your own custom field (e.g. Album Rating) and allocate the rating to all tracks on the album.

This is doable..but the album score remains static. If one's preferences change over time, then how to find which albums to adjust for this change. Which is why i'm holding out till an automated solution presents itself.

If the score could be calculated by mc or a plugin, just takes a recompute and all album scores are updated.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 08:23:16 am »

thx for the tips, JLee can ypu post an example of a smartlist like you suggested after i rate the albums? i will do it manually :( if i have to though i agree a plugin for that matter would be amazing

thx alot

zeltak

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 04:24:23 pm »

This will find 1 random album and sort it by track number.  Just create the rule for your album rating custom field at the BEGINNING using the smartlist wizard and then paste this afterwards.

~limit=1,-1,[Album] ~sort=[Track #]
Pages: [1]   Go Up