INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.144 Available  (Read 6659 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.144 Available
« on: May 27, 2004, 04:45:23 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100144.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.144 (5/27/04)
1. Fixed: When "CD Labeler" is selected from options menu in CD burning action window, the queued file list is now displayed automatically.
2. Fixed: When adding existing files to a playlist on a Portable the order was reversed.
3. NEW: Transfer of files from fixed or removable drive Portables to PC is added.
4. Fixed: Skip same filetype conversion option is corrected for transfer to Portables.
5. Fixed: Cue sheet errors sometimes occurred on burning an audio CD.

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
Re:Media Center 10.0.144 Available
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 05:30:33 pm »

When ripping with 2 CD drives simultaneously, i am given no options to edit the 2nd drive. When i stick a 2nd CD in it just starts ripping immediately. I'd like the option to look at the tag or change the settings.

The rip option in the action window often isnt there, which requires me to get it from the drop down menu

pip

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 06:53:32 pm »

1. Fixed: When "CD Labeler" is selected from options menu in CD burning action window, the queued file list is now displayed automatically.

It works good!

Thanks
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 10:22:09 am »

In version .143, when I have MC running in the background (not minimized), and I click on its' icon in the taskbar and rate a song, then click the icon of the other program I want to use, everything works fine, until the current track I just rated ends, then MC suddenly comes into focus.

Can you please make this stop?  It's very disrupting.   It always seems to do it just as I'm about to click on a link in IE, and instead I select a playlist, or track, or something in MC, and disrupt MC's layout.

Thanks
pretend this is something funny

johoe

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 10:58:27 am »

BUG: When I use GetObject in VBScript MediaCenter closes when script is finished. Accessing the automation object function (play, stop etc) without no problems, but when the script closes, MC is closed too.

When I initialize MC automation as it reads in the sdk I get an "Can't create object error"

---MC SDK code
Set myobj = GetObject(, "MediaJukebox Application")
---my code
Set mj = GetObject("","MediaJukebox Application")

Found another thread regarding version MC9. Maybe the same bug?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=10135;start=msg60966#msg60966

regards,

joho

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 12:17:07 pm »

The problem still persists where if I do "Replace and Play" on a folder containing MP3s (no playlist) through the explorer shell Media Center will load, place the last item from what was in the Playing Now list when it was open previously and nothing else and not start playing. This happens the first time this action is perform on each restart of the computer. Subsequent Replace and Plays work as expected.

I've been reporting this problem since like .12X and have never even received an acknowledgment that the problem exists. Should I chalk it up to a problem with my setup if you are unable to duplicate it?

dietric

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 08:46:08 pm »

>3. NEW: Transfer of files from fixed or removable drive Portables to PC is added.

I greatly appreciate that this has been added. However, why can't the transfered files be added to the library/default folder structure on the PC instead of just being phyysically copied? The intention behind this feature request was being able to synch BOTH WAYS...

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 04:31:54 am »

Here's a bug that has been around for quite a while (months):

In my system when I click on 'Drives and Devices', a dialog box with 'Gathering Information & Updating View [Cancel]' shows up... but it also locks up my system.

If I have some music playing when I do the above, the music keeps on playing with some random pauses.

Clicking on the [Cancel] button has no visible effect, Ctrl+Alt+Del no longer works and only a hard reboot takes me out of this situation.

If I access the tree using the keyboard, expand it, and click on each of the drives and devices, everything is fine and dandy. In the same session, I can then click on the 'Drives and Devices' button without any issue...

221bBS

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 11:22:53 am »

Click "Playlist" in Treeviews...Right click on the columns and do a "Save this View" > "For This Loaction And Sub-Locations" does not work

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 06:54:28 pm »

When running audio analysis MC keeps stealing the focus after each track. I think its the new updating tags system.

Rich

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Cue Sheet Support?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2004, 12:59:26 am »

10.0.144 (5/27/04)

So, there is cue support in MC now?

ferran9

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2004, 06:20:40 am »

Bugs and annoyances:

-The Band tag gets autocreated whenever afile is converted or imported, even if this one is deleted is autocreated again after a conversion!

Clicking any part of the song postion line or the postion thumb will maximize or restore the application, very anoying in slow systems where some people may click two accidentally.

webtree

• Recent member
  • Know where I'm going? Na, I'm just winging it...
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2004, 09:32:16 am »

Hi  

I followed v9 dev closely, but have only just picked up v10.  So far it looks great, but haven't got much further than importing my music collection into a fresh install.  

Bug:
I was importing my entire drive, (M drive from network where my music is stored), and MC was repeatedly closing mid import with either an illegal exception termination or no error message at all.

I narrowed it down to one m3u file which refered to tracks which I had renamed, and therefore didn't exist.  Every time I went to import that file it closed MC.  

Can't get it to reproduce the illegal termination so can't get more info on that one yet,

Regards
Mark

SteveG

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2004, 07:13:37 am »

why can't the transfered files be added to the library/default folder structure on the PC instead of just being phyysically copied? The intention behind this feature request was being able to synch BOTH WAYS...

True bidirectional synching can be added, but not at this time.  For now, after sending the files to the PC, you will need to import them into MC.

Steve

digiflick

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2004, 09:06:14 am »

I'm hving issue in that AAC files are not showing up in the library in any view mode, yet MC will play them if I select via folder menu or open file.  I have newest QT and have tagged all files properly.

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2004, 02:02:09 pm »

When ripping the dialog pops up periodically indicating that it is updating the tags – problem is that when this happens the dialog takes the focus away from any other application you are working on – which is very inconvenient at best.
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2004, 01:30:51 am »

Still this bug's in:
- backing up doesn't back up all the latest changes

Here's what I've experienced:
- I have a playlist
- I edit the lyrics and rating of a song
- I remove the song from the playlist
- I shut down MC
- I restart MC
- The song is still in the playlist; the lyrics are as they were before editing;  the rating-change is good! Now that's funny.

However... sometimes this problem doesn't appear.
I think it maybe has something to do with the 'Saving database' thing: maybe that hasn't run after my changes when everything goes like mentioned here above.

This kind of bug now and then returns. Pretty annoying  :'(
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2004, 02:56:17 am »

Audible file support seems to have gotten a bit glitchy recently (not this build, but in the last few weeks.)  The issues I'm seeing are:

1)  When I go to play an audible file over Media Server, sometimes it doesn't play on the first try.

2)  Sometimes MC doesn't switch to a "stopped" mode when an Audible file finishes.  It stops playing, but the position slider stays at the end of the bar, and the play button remains in "play" mode, i.e. it keeps showing the pause symbol until I actually hit "stop."  (This issues happens both with Media Server and with local files.)

I didn't have these problems a little while back.

Larry

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 06:38:13 am »

Save this view -> for this location and sublocations

It works with viewschemes but it doesn't work for the sublocations if applied to a playlistgroup.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re:Cue Sheet Support?
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2004, 07:20:39 am »

10.0.144 (5/27/04)

So, there is cue support in MC now?

Not yet, its partial support.

If i understand correctly this refers to the ability to burn an audio cd of a big media file given its cue file. Similar to burning given an image ala bin/cue.

Its a good start. and hopefully *FULL* cue support support will follow.

SteveG

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2004, 10:24:26 am »

digiflick,

Did the files originally import OK?  What happens if you remove those files from your library and reimport them? Does the import report that all is OK?

Steve

221bBS

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2004, 12:13:50 pm »

"Auto Size Column" doesn't work correctly...size of the columns are a bit to small

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2004, 04:33:51 pm »

When ripping the dialog pops up periodically indicating that it is updating the tags – problem is that when this happens the dialog takes the focus away from any other application you are working on – which is very inconvenient at best.

BUG 1: Similar to above quoted,
- The same occurs when doing Audio Analysis, after each track is analyzed MC steals focus.

Bug 2: When some View Schemes are saved to display Detail view, and others are saved to have an Album Thumbnails view, these do not stay as set from use to use.

Since Audio Analysis is a background task function, often used while performing other work, can this function be made less processor/memory intensive so as to leave more free resources available to the user?  OR could it be scheduled to run like overnight when the PC is not in use?
. . . the game is rigged

edbro

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2004, 04:36:59 pm »

This also happens when running KSparta's CoverArt finder. Makes it very difficult to run this in the background. It steals focus after checking every track.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Shell Integration Not Honored
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2004, 12:04:36 pm »

When Shell Integration is unchecked in options, the shel extentions are still active.

Vipman

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2004, 03:04:12 pm »

On the "Start" page, clicking on any of the links that show up under "New to MEDIA CENTER?" opens up a Media Center Help window with an error indicating "The page cannot be displayed".  This has never worked for me, even using previous versions of Media Center.
Vincit Omnia Veritas
Pages: [1]   Go Up