INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "orig. artist" field?  (Read 2266 times)

soundground

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
"orig. artist" field?
« on: May 31, 2004, 11:09:17 am »

I store some important information in the "orig. artist" field, which shows up in Winamp and Media Tagger.  I don't see this field anywhere in MC10, though.  Any ideas or suggestions?

pank2002

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:"orig. artist" field?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 11:24:17 am »

create it yourself. Go to tools-->options-->Tree and view in the bottom there's all the fields.

Also remeber to have it shown. Right click on the top line with artis, album etc and chose custimize current view.

You can also see it by choosing action window -->file properties --> file type info or tag info.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

soundground

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 11:55:01 am »

I tried that already.  The problem is, I have thousands of files where that field is already filled in, but that value doesn't show up when I create a user-defined field with the name "Orig. Artist".  I even tried refreshing the library from the file tags after creating the new field, to no avail.  I think the problem is that I'm unable to get MC to make the connection between my user-defined field and the field that already exists in the MP3 files.  So how do I establish that mapping?

pank2002

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 12:00:57 pm »

The field in MC needs to be called the same as it's already called in the id3 tag.

Go to File Type Info in the action window and find out what the field is called, then create a user field where name is the same as the one you found in the file type info.

Hope it helps,
  Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

soundground

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 12:34:28 pm »

I really appreciate your help so far, and I think I'm pretty close now, but it's still not quite working for me.  :-\

Here are the three fields that I'd like to map:

TOPE (Original artist(s)/per..)
 TCOP (Copyright message)
 TENC (Encoded by)

When I go to create a new field, the dialog box asks for both a "name" and a "display [name]", which I fill in.  I check the "Store in file tags (when possible)" box.  The rest I leave on their default values.

Here's the problem: I've tried both "TCOP" and "Copyright message" for the name, but neither seem to trigger the magic mapping to occur.  I have a file where the TCOP value is "1990", and that value never gets pulled into the database even after I try running "Update library (from tags)".

I must still be missing something.  Can you clue me in?

soundground

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 01:52:31 pm »

Anyone?

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 07:58:03 pm »

The mapping does seem to be a little strange. I've got a user field called Mood, which MC stores as
COMM (MusicMatch_Mood)

I think this need solving by the great powers of J River
Pages: [1]   Go Up