INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mini Cooper  (Read 2403 times)

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
Mini Cooper
« on: June 02, 2004, 05:22:37 pm »

So, almost had 25 years of accident free driving - note I said almost!  :-[  My poor little Rav4 was smucked at an intersection last week.  no people injuries (thank the Gods) but my poor Rav has a major owie.  So have a courtesy rental...a Mini Cooper.
 Now when I first saw this car I imediately though of  "mr. Bean" my second thought was that one should have a name like "Felicity", or  "Poppy" to go along with such a ride.  But this car  is no slouch.  
 My 20 year old was very impressed with the lines, the engine and the fact that it now belongs to the BMW family.  I found the ride a bit rougher than the Rav, but that was to be expected due to the shorter wheel base and stiffer suspension.  It handles well ( I has an automatic - so couldn't really test performance) and has alot of pep ( took it up the Malahat - a rather steep little mountain road).  Took it grocery shopping and managed to get two very large , very full cartloads into the back (the seats were down).    For a small car, it has great visability - much better than the new VW Bug (test drove that when it came out).  
 What I didn't particularily like..the instrument panel.  The spedometer is in the center of the dash (not where I usually look) and the tacometer is where the spedometer usually is.  the stereo has redish orange digital readouts  and was easy to figure out.  I had my tunes rockin in no time.  the gas consumption is still in progress, but so far it doesn't seem to be a guzzler.
 Check it out for yourself at   http://www.mini.com/
 This is so way better than a pickup (the other vehicle they had available!) not that I have anything against pickups - they have their uses, but ferrying one person around the city shouldn't be one of them IMO.  Ps it is red with a white top and white mirrors!

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
Re:Mini Cooper
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 08:10:25 am »

but ferrying one person around the city shouldn't be one of them IMO.

I got to ride in one of my friends Mini's the other week and I think that the above comment hits the nail on the head with reguard to the Mini.  It's wonderful for ferrying around 1 or 2 people.  You wouldn't want to go more than a few blocks with anyone in the back (short of a baby.)  At any rate, I'd still love to have one, if I had $17k extra to buy a nice toy with.

kiwi

bebop

Re:Mini Cooper
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 11:55:06 pm »

Yup, it's cute, easy to park and all, but I think I'll stick to my Rav4 - also cute, but can put even more  stuff in it, like people (got a grandbaby on the way), is very safe ( my accident proved that point) and the visability is fab. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up