INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media juke box 8 won't start...  (Read 2106 times)

yoreh

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Media juke box 8 won't start...
« on: July 02, 2004, 01:37:30 pm »

I have a licanced version of MJ8. I use it every day (all my music is in my hard drive). today I tried to run the software, only to get an error massage: "failed to intialize registration control". I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software - no changes.

What is the couse for this error? how do I solve this problem?

Is it possible that an anti spyware software witch i used yesterday (Ad-Ware 6) deleted some files from the MJ8 directory?

thanks.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Media juke box 8 won't start...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 02:00:19 pm »

i use Ad-Ware 6 and mine still works.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

yoreh

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 07:23:11 am »

I did everything I could think of:
searching the forums, reboot my machine, uninstall & reinstall the latest version. still I get the same annoying massage.

Is there any fix to this problem?

Anybody from the support team - please refer to this problem and try to come up with a decent solution.

if this unfixble - just let me know so I'll start looking for another software to serve my needs... just don't leave me hanging.

I'm preaty sure that many users will agree with the things I write here. I simplly don't know what to do anymore, I could really use some help from the team.

Thanks,
yoreh.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 08:08:02 am »

You may have a firewall or other security problem.  Try simplifying your PC.  Try it on another PC (as a test).

It's a holiday weekend here, so please be patient.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 08:31:15 am »

yoreh,

Just my guess, but maybe something happened to your Windows Registry. Media Jukebox keeps information there even if you uninstall and reinstall.

A system restore may help if you have a recent Windows version.

Do you have an up-to-date virus scanner? Have you scanned your drive(s) lately?

EDIT ... Of cource you can't do next if MJ is not starting. But you can write your system and MJ version information.

You could also paste your system info from the Help menu here. It may help the support stuff to find a solution. Like mine here:

Media Center Registered 10.0.149 -- C:\Soft\MJB\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2845 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4480B  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4480B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

yoreh

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 03:17:34 pm »

Since there is no solution for me (yet), I decided to try Media Center 10 for the meantime. This software works fine on my pc. here is the system info witch I extracted from the software:

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1999 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 277 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: YAMAHA   CRW8824S           Addr: 2:3:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Hope this will help explaining why my MJ8 stoped working.
yoreh.

yoreh

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 12:45:33 pm »

Is there an answer somewhere out there?

Dear staff, what do you want me to do? this is really unfair you know... paying money for somthing that doesn't work, and nobody can tell me why.

this is not the way to treat a costumer, I'm sorry. I'm very dissapointed.

You told me it's a weekend in your place, to be patient. well, it seems like a very long weekend... let me know when it's over so I'll be ready for my answers!

Yoreh.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 08:40:29 am »

It appears that you did not change MJ but did change other things on your system.

I believe that the other changes are the cause of the problem.

If you want to use MJ8, try reinstalling and restoring your license.  There is a FAQ here:
www.mediajukebox.com/license

yoreh

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 03:29:38 am »

Well guys, there are some things in this world I would probably never understand...

As I'm checking the forum to look for news regarding my MJ problem, I decided to give it another try and download it ( - again - for the fifth time I think). I run the setup file, installation process finish, I run the software - and it works like charm!!

Knowing that PC world has no "magic", and everything comes for a reason, I think I know what the problem was... I repalced my cd-writer with a new one yesterday. Maybe the old one has coused all the problems?

I'm not sure about that, but if this is the case, guys, I owe you a big appology for things I wrote here. - I'm truly sorry.

Thanks alot, and again,
I'm sorry,

Yoreh.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2004, 06:19:15 am »

You're a good person to apologize and explain what happened.  It's pretty rare.  Thanks.  I'm glad it's working.

LonWar

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2004, 09:24:06 am »

Now that's Class!!
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up