INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding radio stations  (Read 1269 times)

IrishDerby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Adding radio stations
« on: July 26, 2004, 10:24:25 pm »

Some time ago, I added several radio stations to my Web Media and playlists without a problem. Since then, I have had a hard drive crash and have re-installed Media Center. I am having trouble using the Add A Station feature for several of my old stations. After I enter the data for the stations and hit "Add a Station", I get the following message:

IMPORTANT
When you add a radio station to your MY STATIONS list, it is also submitted to our master list, which is made available to all MJ users. Please check that the station is not already listed BEFORE you submit it. Submissions containing invalid information will be deleted.

I did add the stations before, but I cannot find them in the listings. Any ideas about how I can get these stations back on my Web Media list?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Adding radio stations
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 01:47:51 am »

This isn't the answer you're looking for, but the "web media" part of MC is not as polished as the rest of the program.  I also tried adding a couple stations a while back, but I never saw them show up in the list.  When the list eventually became severely out of date (LOTS of stations that could no longer connect) I finally gave up on it.

Fortunately, MC's flexibility offers another way to manage web radion stations.  I use sites like shoutcast to open radio stations in MC (or cut and paste their URLs into the "open URL" window of MC), then I edit the tags for each station in the Playing Now screen and import the file into my library under the genre "Web Radio."  To organize the stations, I use the Artist field as a secondary genre field (i.e. "Web Radio - Rock/Pop" or "Web Radio - Blues," etc.) and the Ablum field for the name of the station.

This system of orginizing web radion stations actually works really well -- I highlight "Web Radio" in the genre pane, then select a "sub" genre in the next pane (the Artist pane), then select the radio station in the next pane (Album pane.)  If the radio station broadcasts the song title, it shows up in the track list.

One of the really nice features of this organizational method is that I can browse and access web radio stations in Theater View mode, which is not possible with the "Web Media" section of MC.  I can now access web radio stations in Theater View mode the same way I access mp3's, which is a terrific feature.

Larry

IrishDerby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Adding radio stations
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 10:31:18 am »

Thanks. I am using a variation of that in sending the Now Playing radio station to my Playlists and that works well. My only problem is that when I use the Media Center with my TIVO, the Radio playlist does not show up. I am still trying to figure that out, but I noticed that none of my radio stations show up under Web Media. Any idea why they would show up in playlists, but not under Web Media or Audio?
Pages: [1]   Go Up