INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: all my genre's became blues?  (Read 1409 times)

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
all my genre's became blues?
« on: August 12, 2004, 09:43:43 am »

had a minor glitch with an update, lost MC.  So reinstalled,  and all looked fine UNTIL  I did a check for new media and imported - then when it completed, all my genre's had changed to Blues!   :o  OK,  then re checked by removing library, restoring my saved libray.  Now the genre's were back  :) ...then reimported the new stuff and suddenly everything was blues again.  :o Very strange indeed.....everything was fine with it before the upheavel, oops, I mean update nonsense.  Any one got any ideas?   Bet

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re:hey..why'd all my genre's became blues?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 10:56:44 am »

it may have something to do with what version your using

and depending on Id3v1.1 tags

mine is fine and i just reimported using latest version 11

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

bebop

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 11:51:22 am »

here's my info....

Media Center Registered 10.0.161 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2521 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: ATAPI    DVD DUAL 8X4X12    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: SONY     CD-RW  CRX230E     Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Sauzee

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 12:24:15 pm »

If you look at some of the individual files with  another program that reads tags, what does it say for genre?

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:all my genre's became blues?
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 03:36:54 pm »

Any one got any ideas?   Bet

"Blues" is alphabetically the first ID32v1 genre tag entry, so your newly imported genres are coming from the ID32v1 tag versus the v2 tag which is likely correct.  Not sure if there's an option in MC that says which tags to prefer if there are both, but that's where I'd look.

-Doug

bebop

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 04:25:59 pm »

Thanks guys and gals...somehow my library got messed up, so after numerous tried, I opted to restore my library, tage the files from the library, back it up and then re-import the missed stuff.   This worked.  Haven't a clue what went wrong, but I have turned off all automatic updates from Sony, Real and microsoft.  I will manually check the updates before installing from now on.  ;D  AND WILL HAVE MORE THAN ONE BACKUP!!!  Gonna have my important stuff backed up three ways...on a removable drive, on disk and paper!!!  Thanks again for the help.

bebop

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2004, 10:12:30 pm »

Still haven't sorted out this tagging thing...I uninstalled, reinstalled and all my tags were still "Blues"  Haven't a clue as to why or how they got that wayas they were fine the day before.  Tried to check them via WMP and some were ok and some had changed to "Blues" ( the vast majority, I'm afraid).  Faced with the daunting task of retagging 13,000+ files, I removed my library, chose a new external drive, and did a sync with my Nomad.  Then I checked the tags, they were right, and copied them to my main media drive.   Removed the library (after backing it up, of course ;D ) , reimported and now it was fine again...except for the stuff that I hadn't synced before this happend. they were all, you guessed it - tagged as "Blues".  The drive that has all my media on it was just defragmented - and I noticed during the process that one of my autoupdates downloaded and installed (but to a different drive).  Could this have been the culpret?  I hadn't changed any settings in MC - at least not that I planned on!  The thing I have learned...HAVE MORE THAN ONE BACKUP, 'cause sometimes everything screws up!  
Pages: [1]   Go Up