INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just tried Movielink...  (Read 1986 times)

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
I just tried Movielink...
« on: August 14, 2004, 06:26:25 pm »

Downloaded Contact from movielink last night and hooked up my laptop to the tv and stereo to watch it.

Because I was a first time customer i used a coupon that took the price to $.59!  Can't beat that.  Though it looks like movies will be 2.50 - 5.00 each now.

I had some trouble getting my laptop to play in full screen on the tv, that was my fault though.

I did the command to use an external viewer and because i have wmv files associated with MC, it started MC and tried to acquire a license to play it.  The license step never worked with mc.

I opened Windows media player and asscciated wmv with that and the movie started right up, no noticeable license step...

I was impressed with the quality of the picture and the sound, especially since the sound was coming from my laptop headphone jack.

The file was 770 mb, which is smaller than I would have guessed for a 2 1/2 hour movie.

We are huge netflix users in our house so this was a very different experience.  One of the things that we love about netflix is the HUGE library they have, documentaries, old movies, foreign etc.  Any on demand net service that we use instead would have to have a huge library like this.

I'm not sure that I would do it again at $5 each, but I would certainly do it as a last minute decision for a couple of bucks every now and then.  I heard that netflix wants to get into this area and I am interested to see how that will work.  The best thing about the movielink deal was that there is no subscription etc.  If I never do any businees with them again, there is nothing to cancel etc....

I'm obviously eager to see what MC has cookin with movies, it would be cool to pick a movie in MC and have it start up right there....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:I just tried Movielink...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 07:14:11 pm »

What's the other movie site that's up and running?  It escapes me at the moment....

pipsqueak

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
Re:I just tried Movielink...
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 03:47:43 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up