INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for SkinMaster Dragyn  (Read 1412 times)

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
Question for SkinMaster Dragyn
« on: August 15, 2004, 10:07:15 pm »

I dont know if you've seen it yet. However, since it been out for a little over a month now, I would imagine you have. Have you any intentions or thoughts about doing an MC skin port of b0se's Codename Opus VS. I have considered doing it myself but it would take me months as I'm always busy.

Either way, I had an idea and also wanted to know what you thought of it. I really likes the style you used for Opus MC and Opulence, however I feel that since Codename Opus has more of a classic feel, it would be better suited to be modeled after one of the Luna/Lunatic skins. To give it that Explorer type of look.

Anyway, I dont want to be the novice telling the master how to work. I just needed some input from someone who knows what they are doing. However, if you plan on porting it yourself, then that saves me the trouble.

Also, I understand your pain about having to reformat and then replace. When I was running my desktop system, it seemed like everytime I bought a new piece of hardware something would happen that it wouldnt work correctly until I did a fresh install.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Dragyn

Re:Question for SkinMaster Dragyn
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 06:30:37 pm »

I didn't know there was a new version out. After taking a look at it, yes, I'll see what I can do. It will have to be after my other pc is up and running.

I'm really no master at this. It still takes a long time to get it right.

JaredH

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 10:46:03 am »

Well, should you need some help, I can do small things. Image editing, etc. Nothing too code heavy. Im able to manipulate the xml code a bit, but only after a lot of trial and error. I actually had spent a butt-load of time reverse engineering your OpusMC skin to fit my finicky tastes. Only to find out a couple weeks later that you did exactly what I wanted and had it posted here (the squared edges instead of rounded). Haha, That's what I get for not spending more time on the forum.
J. A. Hayslett

Dragyn

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 11:58:22 pm »

I need help..both physically and mentally.

There's so much I want to do but I can't get myself motivated to do anything. I just sit here with a blank look on my face wondering what the **** I'm doing.

I feel better when I have things done and out of the way. I have these other skins out and it's just bringing me down so much that I don't do anything.

Things on my list (reference for me):

Update other Opus skins to match Blue (Bright Blue, Orange, Purple, Olive, Deep)
Release Thin Titlebar versions of Opus. (This was a request and is starting to look better IMO)
Release Codename Opus. (I actually started on this one. Only thing done so far is the top titlebar)
Release Royale. (As stated before, I lost my first version but want to do this one anyway)
Release Opus Mini (I started this one too and lost it. ARG!)
Release Opus Theater (Guessed it. Lost this one too!)

I wanted to update my first skin, Watercolor, but I think Codename will be the replacement now. (Looks somewhat similar anyway).

JaredH

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 09:35:42 am »

I'll tell you what. Im leaving tomorrow to go visit a friend in Shanghai. I'll be gone for 2 weeks at the most. When I return, If you haven't gotten a release of the Codename skin, I'm going to pay you a little...wait....umm, I mean, I can help you. Haha. Seriously though, when I return, if you still haven't been able to get a lot done. I really can help. I'll have much more time available as I wont be teaching anymore. I'll still have other work to do, but I'll have a lot more constructive free time. So, if you're up to it and wouldnt mind the extra help/headache of having two heads on one project, I'll gladly join ya. Im rediculously meticulous when it comes to this kind of stuff so you dont have to worry about shoddy work. Anyway, I gotta pack. Drop a note on here and let me know if youre up for the idea.
J. A. Hayslett

Pages: [1]   Go Up